Frances Fisher vs. Rachel York

Mot Morenzi

No need to apologize for anything, it's not like it's never happened before with other people, but i thought the V stood for Vivian.

Well, it does stand for Vivian, actually. I was just going for a character abbreviation, not anything related to me at all. I just chose a character from Lucy lore that I really liked and modified it, slightly. No relation to me at all, but you weren't the only one to think I was female at first.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it does stand for Vivian, actually. I was just going for a character abbreviation, not anything related to me at all. I just chose a character from Lucy lore that I really liked and modified it, slightly. No relation to me at all, but you weren't the only one to think I was female at first.

Oh i dun't mind that happening here but it really bugs me when i see a person on the street and you have no idea if they're male or female. But i think it happens with OLDER people usually.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm changing the locks you sunnuva b*tch! You're on magazine covers from coast to coast: my AFFAIR with Desi! Of course I don't see why, what is so EXCLUSIVE about sleeping with you???!!!" (throws phone across the room!)

Yep, nothing melodramatic about that!

You SPECTED her to be MELLOW about one of his many DRAMATIC affairs?

"I'm changing the locks you sunnuva b*tch! You're on magazine covers from coast to coast: my AFFAIR with Desi! Of course I don't see why, what is so EXCLUSIVE about sleeping with you???!!!" (throws phone across the room!)

Yep, nothing melodramatic about that!

Ah yes, one of my favorite scenes from this turd of a movie! I especially like when "Desi" gets down on his knees and starts gravelling. Maurice Bernard's acting abilities at their finest. :gasp::lucyshock:

Yeah, the ACCENT alone, makes you wonder what those Emmy nominations people are smokin! :marionstrong:

You're not telling me he was nominated, are you?

But I don't berate him too much, even Benard has said in interviews what a joke his performance was. He admits that his skills weren't that good at that point in his career and that he really didn't have a clue what he was doing. He wasn't experienced enough.

You're not telling me he was nominated, are you?

But I don't berate him too much, even Benard has said in interviews what a joke his performance was. He admits that his skills weren't that good at that point in his career and that he really didn't have a clue what he was doing. He wasn't experienced enough.

I was being sarcastic, as usual. He certainly was NOT nominated, if they had RAZZIES for TV movies, then maybe he had a shot, LOL! I absolutely HATED his performance but liked him on All My Children, soap acting isn't really the same, it's certainly not natural in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that "Lucille Ball" is listed as a character on some promotional material for Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar," played by Jennipher Foster. Lucy's not listed as a character on the IMDB, so if Lucy was originally part of the film maybe her scenes ended up on the cutting room floor? I know Lela Rogers is a character in the film (played by Lea Thompson).

I see that "Lucille Ball" is listed as a character on some promotional material for Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar," played by Jennipher Foster. Lucy's not listed as a character on the IMDB, so if Lucy was originally part of the film maybe her scenes ended up on the cutting room floor? I know Lela Rogers is a character in the film (played by Lea Thompson).

That's a real shame, judging from her photos on IMDB she'd look stunning as Lucy.

I saw J. Edgar tonight. Lucy was not a character in the film, but there was a Lucy mention.

Lucy mention in spoiler #1:

J. Edgar Hoover and his partner, Clyde Tolson, make catty comments about Desi Arnaz's shoes and his "faux ginger wife"'s hat after spotting them at Del Mar Racetrack. The film's timeline jumps around a lot, but it appears that this scene is supposed to take place around 1934!

Spoiler involving the end of the movie:

The film is of J. Edgar dictating his memoirs and in the end, it is revealed that not everything happened the way he claims. Perhaps the Lucy-Desi mention was one of Hoover's mistakes in his recollection.

Spoiler involving Lela Rogers:

Ginger and Lela Rogers were present in one scene. Ginger has no lines. The scene takes place in the Stork Club and it appears that Ginger is drinking champagne. In real life, I think Ginger never drank at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My husband likes her and thinks of her mostly as Strawberry Alice. She's done a wide range of film roles. Ever see her daughter she had with Clint? She was on an E! Reality series not to long ago. It did make watching Titanic a little weird at first as I kept thinking Lucy.

Archived