Sign in to follow this  
Brock

I Love Lucy stage show goes on tour!

I saw this stage show and LOVED IT! I think these actors do an amazing job. It was like going back to the 50's and seeing I Love Lucy being filmed. I loved it and told them they should do more of the episodes and keep it going. I'd love to go back and see it again.

Welcome to the Lounge, CACountryGirl!

The producers have posted a terrific preview for the Chicago show:

This actually looks pretty interesting!

That's nice. It will never come to my state or anywhere near reasonable driving distance.

I know the feeling! We get a lot of concerts in GA, but nothing like this.

It's coming to Chicago. I'm going to see it. I can't wait! This show sounds very similiar to "We Love Lucy." You know, the show I did at my school. I can't wait to see it because it'll be with professional actors. It'll be inspirational. I can't wait!

I attended this show during its run in LA and I had a fantastic time. The actors playing the cast didn't blow me away, per se, I mean they were great but it was the overall concept of the entire evening that I loved. The other actors in the show who play the crew, MC guy, and the other singers who perform the live commercials in between scenes are amazing. You honestly do feel like you're transported back in time to watch a taping. It's a fun experience and would be a great time for any Lucy fan. Hope the show goes on the road and makes it to more cities...it's a great time.

That's right and since they proudly show off the "I Love Lucy" heart logo--everything about it screams "legit." If I remember, the show is just about an hour, I think they could expand it just slightly to make it 90 minutes. They're basically reciting an actual episode so there are no real surprises there. It would have been interesting to get a fresh story though. Would have been tough to recapture the same essence of the original show but it would have been nice to see something different.

Interstingly enough, I noticed that the audience really didn't necessarily laugh at all the same spots we're used to in the actual show. A lot of the smaller, off to the side jokes were completely missed by the audience. The bigger jokes and the physical gags were obviously caught but the smaller jokes weren't. I was sort of bummed by that.

Could have been a weird audience you saw the show with? I've seen Wicked 21 times and I've heard all sorts of reactions to different things in the show, you just never know what a particular audience will react to.

Definitely could have been. I would have easily caught the show a few more times but most shows were sold out and difficult to book. Glad I saw it when I did.

A semi-behind-the-scenes look at the stage "Lucy":

Wow, that was great to see, Mikidiki gonna love that one. Could somebody give the guy a valium please?

I had so many chances to see this live I actually still do! Only an hour away from my house, but it is pretty expensive. Over $60. If I had the money I would in a heartbeat. Maybe if they come to Milwaukee I would have a chance.

Just got my tickets to the stage show on October 26. I hope they have some sort of recognition in the show that they're performing the show in the same theatre in which Lucy performed the Toronto stop of Dream Girl in 1947!