Autographed greetings from Desi

Brian Mc

Well, thank you. :) According to Howard Rayfiel, Jeanne Martin was the older woman Desi Jr. was dating and Lucy had a moving van of Desi's things delivered to her house on Mother's Day.

Oh yes, of course, got more dirt from that book than any others, but all good for Lucy and bad for gary, LOL! Thanks Harry, just knew the world's greatest Lucy expert would know.

• 4 months later...

I was about 12 years old and had just finished reading Desi's "A Book." I had borrowed it from the library and just returned it. But I wanted my own copy. Called Waldenbooks at my local mall to ask if they had a copy...they told me it was long out of print. I was bummed. They gave me a phone number to a company that sold used out of print books and hopefully I'd be able to locate a copy there. I give them a call and tell them the book I was looking for. They took my phone number and said they'd check their inventory and get back to me. A few hours pass and they call me back and tell me that they've found 3 or 4 used copies...ranging from like $20 to $60. Then she said that one of the copies was signed by Desi. I gasped! And that was the one for $60. At 12 years old...$60 sounded like a lot of money! But at the same time, I knew that $60 wasn't really that much for a Desi Arnaz autograph. I begged and pleaded and eventually did chores around the house and my parents gave me the money...and it finally arrived in the mail about two weeks later. One of my prized autogrphs!

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

Oh yes, of course, got more dirt from that book than any others, but all good for Lucy and bad for gary, LOL! Thanks Harry, just knew the world's greatest Lucy expert would know.

Man, I still can't believe Desi Jr. was screwing his friend's mom! That's so wrong. What the hell was he thinking? I know he was young and it was the 60s, and he was probably drunk or high, but WTF Desi?? Really? And more importantly what the hell was Jeannie Martin doing screwing a kid. Insane. :lucyhorror:

And more importantly what the hell was Jeannie Martin doing screwing a kid. Insane. :lucyhorror:

Didn't know that! haha..that kinda puts a funny spin on the dedication and inscription in my autograph above! (obviously a coincidence that it was made out to Jeanine...probably not the same one referred in this story but still amusing).

Man, I still can't believe Desi Jr. was screwing his friend's mom! That's so wrong. What the hell was he thinking? I know he was young and it was the 60s, and he was probably drunk or high, but WTF Desi?? Really? And more importantly what the hell was Jeannie Martin doing screwing a kid. Insane. :lucyhorror:

It seems that this took place in 1971 (between Patty and Liza), so Desi was 18, if that makes it any better.

It seems that this took place in 1971 (between Patty and Liza), so Desi was 18, if that makes it any better.

Ok, so we know she wasn't a perv in that sense at least. LOL. Still...you gotta wonder if Dino knew about it. If that was my mother, I'd never talk to my "friend" again.

I was about 12 years old and had just finished reading Desi's "A Book." I had borrowed it from the library and just returned it. But I wanted my own copy. Called Waldenbooks at my local mall to ask if they had a copy...they told me it was long out of print. I was bummed. They gave me a phone number to a company that sold used out of print books and hopefully I'd be able to locate a copy there. I give them a call and tell them the book I was looking for. They took my phone number and said they'd check their inventory and get back to me. A few hours pass and they call me back and tell me that they've found 3 or 4 used copies...ranging from like $20 to $60. Then she said that one of the copies was signed by Desi. I gasped! And that was the one for $60. At 12 years old...$60 sounded like a lot of money! But at the same time, I knew that $60 wasn't really that much for a Desi Arnaz autograph. I begged and pleaded and eventually did chores around the house and my parents gave me the money...and it finally arrived in the mail about two weeks later. One of my prized autogrphs!

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

W O W , C O O L !

Thanks Claude...now I just got to get a Lucy autograph and I'm golden. Michael Stern actually had a stack of signed Lucy photos he was selling when I saw him and although they were more affordable than finding them somewhere else...still expensive! He told me an interesting tidbit that Lucy literally signed a stack of pictures for him one day, saying to him, "You're gonna need these one day." Implying he'd make some money by selling them in the future in case he needed the cash...I thought that was a cool thing for Lucy to do.

Thanks Claude...now I just got to get a Lucy autograph and I'm golden. Michael Stern actually had a stack of signed Lucy photos he was selling when I saw him and although they were more affordable than finding them somewhere else...still expensive! He told me an interesting tidbit that Lucy literally signed a stack of pictures for him one day, saying to him, "You're gonna need these one day." Implying he'd make some money by selling them in the future in case he needed the cash...I thought that was a cool thing for Lucy to do.

Wait till you read the Victoria Principal story, she couldn't be bothered to sign anything for him until Lucy was involved, he pimped out Lucy for autographs, LOL! :lucythrill:

I thought you were going to re-read the book and possibly re-evaluate ( :lucythrill: ) your opinion.

YES, i will, i suddenly remembered that when i hear a movie is the end of the world and then i watch it expecting the world and invariably don't get it, BUT, when i go in expecting nothing, i then love it. So, this time i won't have such high expectations to learn more about Lucy but rather read a book about a fanatic collector who enhanced his collection by sponging off of her, maybe his mentor was really gary? LOL! What i meant was THE ONLY STORY I REMEMBERED FROM THE BOOK!

Archived