I Love Lucy Laserdiscs

Kevin33cubboy

Ok I'm looking for someone who has a Laserdisc Player sill & capture cord plus all those I Love Lucy Laserdiscs

I would like someone to upload & transfer all this I Love Lucy Laserdiscs uncut epsiodes & commercials to a Torrent file for me So I can

burn them to my DVD-R Discs I have at home.

I'm been a Big Fan of I Love Lucy since I was born in 1988.

I miss her so much, she died I think in 1987 I was born in 1988

Ok I'm looking for someone who has a Laserdisc Player sill & capture cord plus all those I Love Lucy Laserdiscs

I would like someone to upload & transfer all this I Love Lucy Laserdiscs uncut epsiodes & commercials to a Torrent file for me So I can

burn them to my DVD-R Discs I have at home.

I'm been a Big Fan of I Love Lucy since I was born in 1988.

I miss her so much, she died I think in 1987 I was born in 1988

She died April 26th, 1989. Someone once transferred that 40th anniversary ILL special edition disc with the two eps on it, they made me a VHS of it but i lost it somehow when DVD's came along. Why do you want to go to all that trouble when you can just buy the new DVDs of the show?

I don't care about going to all that trouble just to get all the Laserdisc uploaded & tranfered to my laptop so I can put them
on my DVD-R Discs watch them on my HDTV ?

I going for the biggest Lucy Collection TV Show all Laserdiscs,VHS Tapes & DVDs plus VCDs if they have any.

I'm going for the Laserdiscs first

I don't care about going to all that trouble just to get all the Laserdisc uploaded & tranfered to my laptop so I can put them

on my DVD-R Discs watch them on my HDTV ?

I going for the biggest Lucy Collection TV Show all Laserdiscs,VHS Tapes & DVDs plus VCDs if they have any.

I'm going for the Laserdiscs first

I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense if I were you to get the CBS laserdiscs, they were carbon copies of the VHS releases at the same time and if I recall, there were no special features to them like interviews, etc.

Now the one you should look for if you're after them is the Criterion one, as it does indeed have unique & rare interviews (e.g., Dan Cahn, if memory serves) and other bonus features that I can't recall now. It's part of my collection (in storage, however) of now useless laserdiscs as I don't think my player even fires up anymore! I had wanted to transfer the rarities (however few) like this that I have to DVD to actually be able to see it but it may be too late unless I replace the player and I have no idea how 'spen$ive they are now since they probably don't even make them anymore!

lucydisgust.JPG

I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense if I were you to get the CBS laserdiscs, they were carbon copies of the VHS releases at the same time and if I recall, there were no special features to them like interviews, etc.

Now the one you should look for if you're after them is the Criterion one, as it does indeed have unique & rare interviews (e.g., Dan Cahn, if memory serves) and other bonus features that I can't recall now. It's part of my collection (in storage, however) of now useless laserdiscs as I don't think my player even fires up anymore! I had wanted to transfer the rarities (however few) like this that I have to DVD to actually be able to see it but it may be too late unless I replace the player and I have no idea how 'spen$ive they are now since they probably don't even make them anymore!

lucydisgust.JPG

Yes, of course, i forgot the one i was talking about WAS The Criterion one i believe.

Wow, I never knew I Love Lucy got laserdisc releases! I love old school technology.

Hey, I'm surprised CB$ never released the audio on 8-tracks! marionstrong.gif

But seriously, no this is one format I now wish I hadn't wasted investing so much money in but then we had NO idea that DVDs would soon come along and literally explode in popularity (in fact, if I recall correctly they eventually came to be the most popular creation in electronics since -- perhaps even surpassing - the (music) CD) and at first augment and eventually hasten the demise of the VHS tape and the rental market.

Like LPs but heavier and somehow "clunkier", unless you had a more expensive machine that would do it for you, each side only played for an hour, so there's no way you could watch something movie-length without having to get up and turn the damn thing over, which isn't so much a big deal in itself but more about where in the movie the "break" would often come would take you out of the experience since more often than not, it would occur at an inopportune moment. Just sayin'.

Give me DVD and now Blu-Ray any day! Superior picture, sound, room for so many extras and goodies and much, much easier to handle and store: Win-win!

lucyhaha.JPG

Haha, thanks for the overview! I'm fully aware of the downside of laserdiscs. I actually got to handle some in a retro store years ago, couldn't believe how heavy they were! My transfer of Lucy & Desi: Before the Laughter is a laserdisc rip, and I can spot the transition area about halfway into it (a brief glimpse of the "please flip disc" screen").

At least for the Lucy laserdiscs they got 4 episodes per disc instead of 2 like the VHS. Funny, funny.

Archived