Sign in to follow this  
JoeySoCal

OFFICIAL 5th SEASON "LUCY SHOW" ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The Lucy Show - 'The Official 5th Season' Formally Announced; Includes 'Lucy in London'

4-disc set is verified for release on December 6th, as previously reported

• It's The Lucy Show's fifth hilarious season, as Lucy manages to find trouble everywhere she goes...from Las Vegas to London! New to DVD, this 4-disc set contains all 22 uproarious episodes from the fifth season. And it includes the "Lucy in London" special, a new Documentary, Outtakes and more! All episodes have brilliantly restored color picture and audio. Guest stars include: Carol Burnett, John Wayne, comedic icon George Burns, Paul Winchell, Phil Silvers, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Sheldon Leonard, and Mel Tormé!

Confirming reports from this past June, CBS DVD and Paramount Home Entertainment today formally announced a December 6th release of The Lucy Show - The Official 5th Season. Running 562 minutes, the 4-DVD set will include all 22 regular episodes. Plus, the "Lucy in London" telefilm special, which aired in the show's timeslot between the 6th episode ("Lucy Goes to London ") and 7th episode ("Lucy Gets a Roommate") of the season, is included on this set! You can see that mentioned in the studio description quoted above, along with other extras. Below is a small, early look at the front cover art for this title, but it's not finalized yet and could be subject to change:

TheLucyShow_S5_e.jpg

Taken from: http://www.tvshowson...2#ixzz1XmQUmehW

Well, there ya go, no more posts saying Lucy in London will never be released because the music rights are just too expensive, thank GOD! And for us fans who have bootleg copies of that great special, finally, a clear copy we can watch and see and enjoy without squinting and with vibrant colors and everything!

I'M SOLD!!!!!!!LUCY IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lucythrill:

Well.. what more do you NEED!!?? :marionstrong:

I just hope it's been remastered and color-corrected or we'll have some unhappy campers here on this lil ole' board! :D

Well.. what more do you NEED!!?? :marionstrong:

I just hope it's been remastered and color-corrected or we'll have some unhappy campers here on this lil ole' board! :D

I don't care how it comes, it'll stil be better than a lousy copy or even no copy at all. Now on to Lucy in Nashville!

Finally, it's coming out, with Lucy in London included, and did you see how many great episodes are in there????? But, instead of enjoying that, they will start whining about when does Season six come out and when are we going to see Lucy in Nashville, LOL!

YESS!! LUCY IN LONDON!!! :lucyhaha: Im buying it the day it comes out!

Now, now, dun't go SPECTIN too much, it's very different with a spin on music more than comedy, but it's different from any other special she ever did, that's fer dang shur.

Finally, it's coming out, with Lucy in London included, and did you see how many great episodes are in there????? But, instead of enjoying that, they will start whining about when does Season six come out and when are we going to see Lucy in Nashville, LOL!

No one is ever really satisfied with JUST HAVING an original Don Loper? Let the hunger strike, begin!!! :lucy1:

Now, now, dun't go SPECTIN too much, it's very different with a spin on music more than comedy, but it's different from any other special she ever did, that's fer dang shur.

Yea true...but I love to see new Lucy things that ive never seen before :lucycoy: its always fun!

I love the teal and purple color scheme, but they already used a purple border for season 2, so part of me hopes that changes.

But, minor quibble....SO PSYCHED to get good quality prints of season 5 finally!

I love the teal and purple color scheme, but they already used a purple border for season 2, so part of me hopes that changes.

But, minor quibble....SO PSYCHED to get good quality prints of season 5 finally!

Yup....and some of the best Hollywood-centered eps of the series, to boot! :D

Yea true...but I love to see new Lucy things that ive never seen before :lucycoy: its always fun!

Well, there's LOADS more stuff out there that's never been out on dvd so we have plenty to look forward to.

I like the cover art (continuing with the open-mouth motif. LOL) but I'm disappointed they didn't use the short lived Season Five font for this.

I like the cover art (continuing with the open-mouth motif. LOL) but I'm disappointed they didn't use the short lived Season Five font for this.

Yeah, I wondered about that, but I think it'd be a lapse in artwork continuity and be too cluttered looking. But I can't wait to see the original season 5 opening in colour and better quality!