Joan Crawford

I was debting whether to start a thread for random news pertaining to Lucy-related people, but this deserves its own thread. :marionstrong:

From the Huffington Post:

Christina Crawford To Reveal Mother Joan Crawford's Naked Home Videos

Broadway, hide your wire coat hangers. Joan Crawford's daughter, Christina Crawford, is developing a one-woman show where she not only plans to reveal new secrets about her life with Mommie Dearest, Joan Crawford, but also show never-before-seen home movies of the screen legend in the nude.

"I began my career as an actress and I've always loved the theater," Crawford tells me. "The play is based on two of my books, the 30th Anniversary Edition of 'Mommie Dearest' and my third book, 'Survivor' -- both of which were bestsellers. It covers a long period of time and a much more complete story.”

Additionally, Christina reveals that she has discovered Joan's (she never refers to her as her "mother") blue movies -- naked home videos that she cannot believe the controlling star never destroyed.

“I never knew that they existed before a year ago and never saw them before a month ago,” Crawford says. “I remembered her telling me about her married lover, Charles McCabe; however, I never saw photos of him till the home movies, when they were hunting, fishing and canoeing in the Poconos.”

Christina says the most shocking thing she discovered during her research was Joan's quiet desperation in her later years. But she still cannot forgive her mother for the childhood she had to survive, which included being beaten by wire hangers.

“Forgiveness is a two-way street and she never took responsibility for her behavior,” Christina tells me. Which is why she has chosen to call her show, which she hopes to take on the road before Broadway, "Surviving Mommie Dearest."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/14/joan-crawford-christina-naked-nude-home-videos-movies_n_962319.html

:lucyshock: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

She seriously needs to get over this. Then again, she has nothing else going for her. She's certainly not making money out of her acting skills, ability to clean a bathroom, her closet organization techniques.

She seriously needs to get over this. Then again, she has nothing else going for her. She's certainly not making money out of her acting skills, ability to clean a bathroom, her closet organization techniques.

:marionstrong: - Well said!

I laughed when I read "...my career as an actress"! Career?? What's she done? Opportunist is more like it. Oh these adult children of long-gone celebrities -- so many are so f***ed up! We're lucky L & D Jr. are so (comparatively) normal! :lucyhorror:

I was debting whether to start a thread for random news pertaining to Lucy-related people, but this deserves its own thread. :marionstrong:

From the Huffington Post:

Christina Crawford To Reveal Mother Joan Crawford's Naked Home Videos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/14/joan-crawford-christina-naked-nude-home-videos-movies_n_962319.html

:lucyshock: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's the thing Brockie, some people just NEVER GET OVER IT. It takes loads of therapy and mommie dearest did not leave her anything in her will.

• 1 year later...

Joan Crawford Goes Hunting for Weirdos...(and paella)

I wonder what Christina would have gotten if she demanded a red one.

"You twist it, Joan."

"Bring me the axe!"

Jesus, that little girl was annoying. I was really hoping Joan would pull out the wire hanger for that one. ;):lucywow:

I don't have guns, I have 1 gun. Get it right. LOL

Yeah, but it's a machine gun, right? I said that because there was this little girl at the mall yesterday who was screaming her head off and yelling and crying, in the ladies room yet, with that tile echo that was just driving me nuts, God I wish people would just get babysitters for their annoying little brats and not ruin the day for the rest of us.

Yeah, but it's a machine gun, right? I said that because there was this little girl at the mall yesterday who was screaming her head off and yelling and crying, in the ladies room yet, with that tile echo that was just driving me nuts, God I wish people would just get babysitters for their annoying little brats and not ruin the day for the rest of us.

No, not a machine gun. lol. And I really can't stand little kids or babies either (unless they're related to me or my friends' kids). Those little precocious brats really get on my nerves. We had a few of those on our flights to and from Jamestown. Maybe wanna stuff them in the overhead bins. LOL

No, not a machine gun. lol. And I really can't stand little kids or babies either (unless they're related to me or my friends' kids). Those little precocious brats really get on my nerves. We had a few of those on our flights to and from Jamestown. Maybe wanna stuff them in the overhead bins. LOL

Omg those kids were going to get massacred lol well lol not really I would never hurt a kid but it just drive me nuts on the plane. That and the freaking broad who was talking to the guy behind kitty corner from me. Omg she wouldn't shit her trap. I gave her the evil eye...she shut up for a while. Lol. I wanted to loses. To music that flight bit they said I couldn't even have my phone on airplane mode so no music for me. I just put my earbuds in and prayed for time to pass fast.

The film ends before we find out: what is the point?

I think they were trying to convey that the supermarket is a remarkable place because it brings you your food (and Pepsi) without you having to think about where it comes from and what work you have to do to obtain it. You don't have to pick your own apples or catch and clean your own fish. You can go down to the nice, clean supermarket and buy the things you want.

Bizarre. This is 1964 or so? Why is Joan projecting grosses for 1980???

From A Quick History of the Supermarket:

The 1950s and 1960s were seen by many as the golden age of the supermarket, with bright new stores opening on a regular basis, generating excited and glowing newspaper reports, and serving a marketplace that was increasingly affluent.

Based on this, I would guess that they were trying to convince viewers that the prosperity they were witnessing was going to continue well into the future.

I think they were trying to convey that the supermarket is a remarkable place because it brings you your food (and Pepsi) without you having to think about where it comes from and what work you have to do to obtain it. You don't have to pick your own apples or catch and clean your own fish. You can go down to the nice, clean supermarket and buy the things you want.

From A Quick History of the Supermarket:

Based on this, I would guess that they were trying to convince viewers that the prosperity they were witnessing was going to continue well into the future.

Yeah, I heard SUPERMARKETS were so BIG at one time, that they had this superstar, Ricky Ricardo, opening one of them.

I can't believe she allowed the kid to call her anything else but "Miss Crawford." :o

"I hate fish!"

*cue Joan holding her face down in the lobster tank*

In the outtakes, this demanding brat suffered neck injuries when she commanded Joan "YOU twist it".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived