UPDATED: Lucy Fest 2012 -- NOW WITH MORE LUCY & LUCIE!

Brock

The Lucy Desi Center will be announcing their 2012 Festival Lineup today! Whoopi Goldberg was previously announced as the headliner but it will be interesting to see what else they have come up with.

Lucille Ball Comedy Festival Line-Up Announced Thursday

Lucy Desi Center for Comedy to release Lucy Fest 2012 preliminary schedule, 2011 economic impact findings

JAMESTOWN, NY – March 6, 2012 – The Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Center for Comedy will hold a press conference in its museum at 10 W. 3rd St. in Jamestown, NY on Thursday, March 8 at 10:30 a.m. EST to announce the preliminary line-up of the 2012 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, Aug. 1-5. The results of a Lucy Fest 2011 economic impact analysis also will be shared.

Thursday’s announcement will reveal a headliner who garners over 12 million viewers a week. Also included will be a preview of the additional talent line-up, new comedic arts workshops, and news of unique events that will make any “Lucy” fan want to be in Jamestown, New York, Aug. 1-5.

The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival boasts an alumni list of then-rising stars Ray Romano, Lewis Black, and Ellen Degeneres, as well as entertainment icons such as Joan Rivers, Paula Poundstone and Bob Newhart. The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, or “Lucy Fest,” embodies Ball’s vision for her hometown legacy: a celebration of the comedic arts held annually on the weekend closest to her birth date, August 6.

Lucy Fest 2011, co-produced by San Francisco-based Rooftop Comedy, the world’s largest producer of interactive comedy programming, commemorated Lucille Ball’s 100th birthday, set an attendance high at 13,000 attendees, featured more than ten comedians from NYC, Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Los Angeles performing over five days, and made international news with the setting of a Guinness World Record for “Most People Dressed as Lucy Ricardo” with 916. www.LucyComedyFest.com

All media in attendance, upon presentation of business identification, will receive two complimentary museum admission passes to be used following the press conference or at a later date.

The mission of the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy, a 501©(3) non-profit, is to preserve the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter through its commitment to the development of the comedic arts.

For more information, contact the office of Executive Director Journey Gunderson at 716.484.0800 or info@Lucy-Desi.com.

http://www.lucy-desi.com/news/press-releases/lucille-ball-comedy-festival-line-up-announced-thursday

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lucy Desi Center will be announcing their 2012 Festival Lineup today! Whoopi Goldberg was previously announced as the headliner but it will be interesting to see what else they have come up with.

http://www.lucy-desi.com/news/press-releases/lucille-ball-comedy-festival-line-up-announced-thursday

Wonder if WHOOPI will now be able to fly there as she has conquered her fear of flying or if she'll be driving a blue Cadillac convertable, hope not, those two damned locks of hair in front of her eyes might make her have an accident.

Announced guests so far include:

- Gregg Oppenheimer

- A return engagement from Paula Poundstone

- Billy Gardell (Mike from "Mike and Molly")

- as well as Diane Vincent, Adrian Israel, Rhonda Medina and Bill Chott

http://lucy-desi.com/center-for-comedy/festival-of-comedy/

Hmm. Not so sad that I can't make it this year I guess. Maybe they'll have more interesting people next year. :lucyblah:

Announced guests so far include:

- Gregg Oppenheimer

- A return engagement from Paula Poundstone

- Billy Gardell (Mike from "Mike and Molly")

- as well as Diane Vincent, Adrian Israel, Rhonda Medina and Bill Chott

http://lucy-desi.com/center-for-comedy/festival-of-comedy/

Oh i LOVE Billy and Paula is back again??? That's terrific as she's great.

Just do a Stage Door stakeout. It worked with Joan Rivers. lol

Well, yeah, BUT, you've been an expert in the stalking business for what? Twenty years or so by now? I'll never forget the year you asked your mom to wheel your baby carriage next to Suri Cruise's, the sight of you in that diaper, when was that? Two years ago or three at the most, right?

Why is she going? Another tribute to her dad they're doing? LOL!

Uh yeah, is she going to be singing something off her Latin album? lol. Why don't they get something set up in Santiago, Cuba, for Desi fans? Jamestown should be just about Lucy IMO.

Why is she going? Another tribute to her dad they're doing? LOL!

:rolleyes: We should all be genuflecting to both Lucie and Desi for sharing so much of their parents' legacies with us. Both of their parents.

Why don't they get something set up in Santiago, Cuba, for Desi fans?

:lucyshock: Yes. Because Desi's legacy has been appreciated so much in Cuba. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: We should all be genuflecting to both Lucie and Desi for sharing so much of their parents' legacies with us. Both of their parents.

:lucyshock: Yes. Because Desi's legacy has been appreciated so much in Cuba. :rolleyes:

Yep, I knew this would get me yelled at! LOL

Listen, if I travel all that way to Jamestown, spend over 1000 bucks on plane ticket/hotelfare for a mere 3-4 days, find out Lucie and/or Desi Jr. are going to be there, and I have to sit and listen to tributes to their dad with nary a mention of their mother WHO THE FRICKIN' FESTIVAL IS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, I'm going to be a bit peeved. Don't get me wrong, Desi was a great man and should be appreciated and lauded in his own right for all that he accomplished with I Love Lucy, etc., but Lucy made many TV shows and movies without him just fine.

And I was being facetious about the Santiago thing. Leave something in Los Angeles for both Desi and Lucy celebrating the TV show, but don't expect me to attend "Latin Nights" in Jamestown. He wasn't even born there! :lucydisgust:

Yep, I knew this would get me yelled at! LOL

Listen, if I travel all that way to Jamestown, spend over 1000 bucks on plane ticket/hotelfare for a mere 3-4 days, find out Lucie and/or Desi Jr. are going to be there, and I have to sit and listen to tributes to their dad with nary a mention of their mother WHO THE FRICKIN' FESTIVAL IS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, I'm going to be a bit peeved. Don't get me wrong, Desi was a great man and should be appreciated and lauded in his own right for all that he accomplished with I Love Lucy, etc., but Lucy made many TV shows and movies without him just fine.

And I was being facetious about the Santiago thing. Leave something in Los Angeles for both Desi and Lucy celebrating the TV show, but don't expect me to attend "Latin Nights" in Jamestown. He wasn't even born there! :lucydisgust:

Oh you are HOT tonight kiddo, keep it up and he wasn't yelling at you, he was defending them as he always does, no problem there and for your own information Desi jr has never said one bad word about his mom that's made it to press unlike his sister who's made a second career out of that. BUT, she has also, on few occasions been flattering to her also, must have been money involved.

Oh you are HOT tonight kiddo, keep it up and he wasn't yelling at you, he was defending them as he always does, no problem there and for your own information Desi jr has never said one bad word about his mom that's made it to press unlike his sister who's made a second career out of that. BUT, she has also, on few occasions been flattering to her also, must have been money involved.

Hmm...too bad you modified this post as I was in the middle of replying to it. LOL

Archived