Bill Murray's Celebrity Corner

Brock

21ked6x.jpg

Bill: Let’s move on to a new feature. A new feature on Weekend Update. I think you’re going to enjoy this. Bill Murray’s Celebrity Corner. That’s right. I feel this will add a warm touch to the news because today we have a very special guest who’s asked to come on to help me launch this special feature. This is the beautiful, the First Lady of Television herself, Lucille Ball and her husband Gary Morton. Lucy, thanks a lot for coming on Celebrity Corner.

33zeg77.jpg

Lucy: (exaggerated gravely voice) Well, thank you for having me, Bill, and I certainly want to wish you good luck. (takes a drag)

2444238.jpg

Bill: I know you do, Lucy. You look wonderful, and so do you, Gary, but let me ask you this: How are Fred and Ethel?

Lucy: Fred is dead.

Bill: Freddie’s dead?

Lucy: That’s what I said. Bill Frawley died a while ago. :)

Bill: Forgive me, Lucy honey, but we’ve been having a newspaper strike here in New York and I didn’t even know he was sick. Lucy, could you perform for us?

Lucy: Bill!

Bill: Come on. Just one little Lucy-ism?

Lucy: No, Bill, reaaaaally!

Bill: Luuuuuuuucccccccyyyyyy! Come on, Luccccccccyyyyy!

(Gary nods “Go on!” to Lucy)

Bill: Here’s the scene: You’re working in a bakery and the conveyor belt starts to go too fast, all the cupcakes end up on the floor and you’re so upset you go—

2emopbt.jpg

Lucy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bill: Ah-HAHA!

a2qjwk.jpg

Bill: Just the way I remember it! AH! Isn’t that great?! She’s incredible! You know, Honey, it was that physical shtick that was always your trademark, Lucy. Let me ask you this – is there any truth to the rumour that you and Desi will remarry?

(Gary winces)

Bill: Personally I’d like to see it happen.

Lucy: No, Bill. Desi was a loser; a very talented man, but he felt he had to lose. Gary is a winner.

Gary: :D

Bill: What’s in the future for Lucy? Will she do another TV show or movie?

Lucy: No, Bill, I’m very happy as I am. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful home, two extremely untalented children whom I love, and peace of mind. I’m content just to sit in my garden with Rose Marie and talk about how time has ravaged our faces.

Bill: Thank you very much for being on Celebrity Corner with us, Lucy. Bye! Well, that was the first Celebrity Corner. I loved it! I loved that one! How about you, Jane?

i600ma.jpg

21ked6x.jpg

Bill: Let’s move on to a new feature. A new feature on Weekend Update. I think you’re going to enjoy this. Bill Murray’s Celebrity Corner. That’s right. I feel this will add a warm touch to the news because today we have a very special guest who’s asked to come on to help me launch this special feature. This is the beautiful, the First Lady of Television herself, Lucille Ball and her husband Gary Morton. Lucy, thanks a lot for coming on Celebrity Corner.

33zeg77.jpg

Lucy: (exaggerated gravely voice) Well, thank you for having me, Bill, and I certainly want to wish you good luck. (takes a drag)

2444238.jpg

Bill: I know you do, Lucy. You look wonderful, and so do you, Gary, but let me ask you this: How are Fred and Ethel?

Lucy: Fred is dead.

Bill: Freddie’s dead?

Lucy: That’s what I said. Bill Frawley died a while ago. :)

Bill: Forgive me, Lucy honey, but we’ve been having a newspaper strike here in New York and I didn’t even know he was sick. Lucy, could you perform for us?

Lucy: Bill!

Bill: Come on. Just one little Lucy-ism?

Lucy: No, Bill, reaaaaally!

Bill: Luuuuuuuucccccccyyyyyy! Come on, Luccccccccyyyyy!

(Gary nods “Go on!” to Lucy)

Bill: Here’s the scene: You’re working in a bakery and the conveyor belt starts to go too fast, all the cupcakes end up on the floor and you’re so upset you go—

2emopbt.jpg

Lucy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bill: Ah-HAHA!

a2qjwk.jpg

Bill: Just the way I remember it! AH! Isn’t that great?! She’s incredible! You know, Honey, it was that physical shtick that was always your trademark, Lucy. Let me ask you this – is there any truth to the rumour that you and Desi will remarry?

(Gary winces)

Bill: Personally I’d like to see it happen.

Lucy: No, Bill. Desi was a loser; a very talented man, but he felt he had to lose. Gary is a winner.

Gary: :D

Bill: What’s in the future for Lucy? Will she do another TV show or movie?

Lucy: No, Bill, I’m very happy as I am. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful home, two extremely untalented children whom I love, and peace of mind. I’m content just to sit in my garden with Rose Marie and talk about how time has ravaged our faces.

Bill: Thank you very much for being on Celebrity Corner with us, Lucy. Bye! Well, that was the first Celebrity Corner. I loved it! I loved that one! How about you, Jane?

i600ma.jpg

LOL! Thanks for posting that, i had forgotten everything but the line about her and Rose Marie and time ravaging their faces. LOL!

I'd totally forgotten all about this too, I forget where I saw it last! lol, i loved it. I loved Gary being on mute, he never had a purpose in that interview. Never liked him much personally. Thanks for posting!

Yeah, kinda hard to tell if gary was awake during that interview.

• 1 year later...

I truly mean no disrespect to the idol whom I've adored since toddling around but that IS hilarious and if you've seen Rose Marie lately it's even funnier/sadder than ever!  :peachonthebeach:

Academy+Television+Arts+Sciences+Present

Didn't Lucy tell her to wear those gigantic sunglasses?  And a high neck.  And a pretty wig.  And take her picture from fifty feet or so away.

Well I guess we know now why Lucy never did Saturday Night Live LOL.  She might have forgiven the jabs at herself but Gary and the kiddies, I don't think so.

Though it was kinda nasty of them with those barbs given Desis Sr and Jr had just appeared on the show , what, six months earlier?

Gilda must have done Lucy on SNL almost as much as she did Barbara Walters.  I remember her doing a spoof of JOB SWITCHING and she also did Lucy on the Ricky Nelson episode, can't remember if she did on Desi's episode.

Didn't Lucy tell her to wear those gigantic sunglasses?  And a high neck.  And a pretty wig.  And take her picture from fifty feet or so away.

There  are much nicer recent candids of Rose Marie than this around.  I know she was never a beauty but still.  A photograph can make a subject look worse just as easily as it can make them look better. 

Nobody over 60 should be photographed that close, let alone over 90. Hell, over 30 in some cases.

There  are much nicer recent candids of Rose Marie than this around.  I know she was never a beauty but still.  A photograph can make a subject look worse just as easily as it can make them look better. 

Nobody over 60 should be photographed that close, let alone over 90. Hell, over 30 in some cases.

You're absolutely right.  I saw one pic of someone yesterday where they had two shots, one where the person looked great and the other one, not so much, it depends on many things.  And I too have seen pics of Rose Marie that are recent and she looks fine. 

There are much nicer recent candids of Rose Marie than this around. I know she was never a beauty but still. A photograph can make a subject look worse just as easily as it can make them look better.

Hell, 20! You should see some of the pictures that people take of me! Haha! ;)

Well, from you that's a complement! Haha! I know how truthful you are. Show us a photo Claude! So I can judge myself! ;) haha.

Look at my avatar, most people think I have a pic of Lucy but nooooooooooooooo, that's me all gussied up for the Sadie Hawkins dance and again i'll be asking some hunk to accompany me to the dance.

Look at my avatar, most people think I have a pic of Lucy but nooooooooooooooo, that's me all gussied up for the Sadie Hawkins dance and again i'll be asking some hunk to accompany me to the dance.

And may I say that anytime I see a photo from that photo shoot I instantly think, CLAUDE! Haha.

Archived