The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's much worse but agreed many other shows would rather see her on....like maybe Kathy Bates new sitcom about a pot dispensary (!) :HALKING:

I'm excited for the show, but very apprehensive. I love Kathy Bates, but for her to star in a show helmed by Chuck Lorre... that's another story. Stoner Betty would be a joy to see, though.

I'm excited for the show, but very apprehensive. I love Kathy Bates, but for her to star in a show helmed by Chuck Lorre... that's another story. Stoner Betty would be a joy to see, though.

Can't argue but then lots of Lorre product is better than some... I'm just intrigued by the concept plus having the incomparable Bates star is enough to get me to sample it. :D

Betty appears on Entertainment Tonight (filmed on the set of her latest gig) and says some very touching things about her relationship with fans.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/204721_exclusive_betty_white_reveals_her_hollywood_crush_if_i_ever_met_him_i_would_faint/

For goodness sakes, somebody set her up with Robert Redford already!

• Like 1

Betty appears on Entertainment Tonight (filmed on the set of her latest gig) and says some very touching things about her relationship with fans.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/204721_exclusive_betty_white_reveals_her_hollywood_crush_if_i_ever_met_him_i_would_faint/

For goodness sakes, somebody set her up with Robert Redford already!

I KNOW!! Would LOVE to see an appearance where she finally gets to meet him!! And being the aging National Treasure that she is....a bit surprised no one has ever deigned to make this "happen"! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Happy birthday, Betty!!!

tumblr_mmpiip0nCX1qgfdhto5_r1_250.gif

For those in the New York or Los Angeles area, The Paley Center for Media is doing special Betty screenings on Sunday, January 22 and 29 starting at 12:15pm.

THE PALEY CENTER CELEBATES BETTY WHITE AT 95 

The Paley Center celebrates the birthday of the legendary Betty White, who turned 95 on January 17. The Guinness Book of World Records has named Betty White as having the longest career on television. From her television debut on an experimental broadcast in 1939 to today, no one has entertained television viewers as long. We have delved into the Paley Center archive to present many different moments from Betty’s incomparable career. 

LIFE WITH ELIZABETH: SCARED SILLY / NEIGHBORHOOD SLINGSHOT / ELMER'S GARAGE (1953) 
Betty plays a mischievous housewife in her first sitcom, which also earned her her first Emmy Award. (26 minutes)

DATE WITH THE ANGELS: STAR STRUCK (1957) 
After husband Gus (Bill Williams) kids her for being celebrity crazy, newlywed Vickie Angel (Betty) is stunned to find singer Dennis Day show up at her house. (30 minutes)

THE BETTY WHITE SHOW (1958) 
In the first of two episodes of Betty’s musical/comedy variety series, she is joined by special guests Cornel Wilde, Charles Coburn, and Stanley Holloway. In the second installment, Betty’s Life with Elizabeth co-star Del Moore, dancer Marc Platt, singer Jimmy Boyd, the singing group The Modernaires, and series regulars Frank Nelson and Reta Shaw accompany Betty in a musical trip to a travel agency. (59 minutes)

THE PET SET (1971)
Betty’s pal Mary Tyler Moore guest stars on Betty’s animal themed talk show. Famous for her work in championing animal welfare, Betty has named this series as her favorite television experience. (23 minutes)

THE ODD COUPLE: PASSWORD (1972)
In an installment once named by TV Guide as one of the top five greatest television episodes of all time, “Queen of Television Game Shows” Betty White and husband Allen Ludden guest star when Felix (Tony Randall) and Oscar (Jack Klugman) appear together on Password. (29 minutes)
MARY TYLER MOORE:  SUE ANN'S SISTER (1976) 
When Sue Ann feels that all her friends like her visiting sister more than do her, she takes to her bed. The WJM news team pays a memorable visit to Sue Ann’s bedroom.  (26 minutes)

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: GOLDEN MOMENTS (1988)
After Sophia (Estelle Getty) announces she is moving out, Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur), Blanche (Rue McClanahan), and Rose (Betty White) reminisce about some of the memorable times the four of them have shared. (49 minutes)

THE JOHN LARROQUETTE SHOW: HERE WE GO AGAIN (1996) 
In an Emmy Award winning performance, Betty White guest stars as a Norma Desmond-esque version of herself, who hires writer John to script a Golden Girls musical for her. (22 minutes)

""I loved this girl since I first saw her on The Betty White Show."

You're both single now, Carl. Get on this! This is the comedy power couple that could bring this divided world together.

• Like 3