The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

Betty did a nice pre-Birthday photo shoot with Parade magazine a week or two ago. She again says that all she wants for her birthday is Robert Redford. Why hasn’t someone made this happen yet???

I often joke that I only celebrate two birthdays every year: the birth of our country (America) and the birth of Betty White. For her 90th I made a cookie cake. Not joking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope she's doing okay.  Admittedly, I haven't kept up with venues like James Corden and such where she'd pop up frequently before but she hasn't seemed to be doing to much lately that I'm aware of and the last couple of things I DID see her on, she was already seated and sat the whole time and "deprived" of the (on camera) ovation she has certainly earned.  

C'mon Betty, we miss you! Let's see that lovely mug! :lucywow:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/01/17/25722759/betty-white-and-larry-king-open-a-lemonade-stand

Betty and Larry King open a lemonade stand in this "upcoming" episode of Larry King Now, which is available on Hulu. I wonder when this was filmed, considering Betty's hair is looking awfully light in comparison to how it's been lately. Nevertheless, she is certainly spry!

• 2 weeks later...

Betty did not accept her Publicists Guild Lifetime Achievement Award in person. :( Cloris accepted on her behalf. 

Cloris Leachman presented Betty White with the afternoon's Lifetime Achievement Award, remembering the first time she met White was on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Leachman listed off White's long list of career highlights, concluding: "To celebrate her 90th birthday, NBC threw her a televised party... they didn't give me one."

While White wasn't there to accept the award in person, over a pre-recorded video she said: "I have been in this business for more than 70 years, I know how important it is to have a good team."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/get-stranger-things-feted-at-publicists-awards-1090473

• Sad 1

That's crossed my mind alot lately, that we haven't seen our queen "live" for awhile now... Conversely, 90+ year old Dick Van Dyke just appeared with his accapella group here in Hollywood for a one night performance at the Catalina Jazz Club on Sunset so...at least we know he's still "kickin"! :peachonthebeach:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Betty's a part of the current ad campaigns for the 75th Anniversary of Smokey The Bear and the 100th Anniversary of the NFL. It's interesting how it's similar to 23 years ago when George Burns (at 100) was a part of the AFL's centenary ad campaign. Both commercials even feature the comedy legends regally seated in fancy chairs. Although Betty looks to be in a heck of a lot better shape than George was. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Disney+ has a series focused on the fork character from Toy Story 4 voiced by Tony Hale. Apparently Betty and her Classic Cohorts reprise their characters from the movie in one episode. Knowing how "The Mouse" works, it's entirely possible that these guest appearances were recorded way back at the same time that they made TS4, but a big part of me hopes that they were done more recently, because (I hate to say it) any extended period of time that we don't hear from Betty has me worried.

• 1 month later...

It’s past midnight here in Michigan, and a friend texted me to remind me of the good news! I’m so grateful for all of the laughs Betty’s given us over the years. According to the tabloids (yes, Closer magazine) she’s having a get-together with friends and family, including Allen Ludden’s children. It also mentioned that she continues to get offered jobs, but her mobility is a bit of an issue- apparently she’s using a walker around the house. Hopefully we haven’t seen the last of our girl on TV, but if so, she certainly deserves her retirement!