The Roxbury House

vivfantoo*

I came across these video clips while browsing through some pictures of Lucy's houses. If the story told is true, it's pretty cool. Would love to have seen copies of some of the pics he said he took. Instead it is just video of this guy against a corny background, talking to the camera.

Skip clips 1 & 3 if you're in a hurry --they are sloooooow & a bit boring; clip 2 is the one that tells how he, his brother (a big Lucy fan who was visiting CA) & a friend went to the house & were allowed in by a maid.

http://jimmytv.wordpress.com/thejimmychannel/jimmys-journey-tv/

I came across these video clips while browsing through some pictures of Lucy's houses. If the story told is true, it's pretty cool. Would love to have seen copies of some of the pics he said he took. Instead it is just video of this guy against a corny background, talking to the camera.

Skip clips 1 & 3 if you're in a hurry --they are sloooooow & a bit boring; clip 2 is the one that tells how he, his brother (a big Lucy fan who was visiting CA) & a friend went to the house & were allowed in by a maid.

I thought you were going to post PICS of that beautiful house, i have always loved it, have a pic of it on my bulletin board in my office and would kill for a diagram of the layout. Thank God the last dvds had film of the front and back, now if only one had the interior, maybe they're saving that for the last season's dvd.

If you're not an idiot like me who can't post anything like pics or links, but i will learn as soon as beau comes back home in a few weeks, then i would show the one that showed a couple of the rooms and the backyard from the realtor when the house was beeing sold. It has the living room, den and pool area. A whole slew opf pics i got from wonderful Ken, remmeber him? He had shots of the dining room, her pot bellied stove, her in a blue gown by the pool, and so many others, must have been a photo shoot at the house. Then, there's always the Barbara Walters interview which starts off with a few clips from certain rooms, even the garage, but finishing off in her favorite room, the den, where she spent the most time in that house.

Did ANYONE actually see other than a black screen, three times???? JK

JK, that's a bummer! I just checked the link & for a few seconds the square was black, then it switched to a still picture with the arrow in the center that you press for the clip to start playing. It worked for me just now ... maybe it needed more time to load on your computer? Try again.

Claude, I found mostly outdoor pics of the front of the house, both from Lucy's era & after it was remodeled. Didn't see the realtor pics you mentioned, but remember the Barbara Walters interview with some scenes inside the house. I got sidetracked while searching (there is so much Lucy info & pics online!) & was surprised I was able to go back & find these clips :marionstrong:

Wish he had shown some pictures as I would love to have seen the rooms inside. I think the story is true, though. What great timing they had that day! Shame on them for stealing those knobs from her bathroom, though.

I don't know how to post pics, either -- just links. No time to learn all this constantly changing computer stuff; life is busy enough as it is, eh? :) Had a challenging time learning how to maneuver around this board, but because it was Lucy I made myself figure out the basics :) Although at times I look(ed) like this :lucyshock: & this :lucydaze: !

JK, that's a bummer! I just checked the link & for a few seconds the square was black, then it switched to a still picture with the arrow in the center that you press for the clip to start playing. It worked for me just now ... maybe it needed more time to load on your computer? Try again.

Claude, I found mostly outdoor pics of the front of the house, both from Lucy's era & after it was remodeled. Didn't see the realtor pics you mentioned, but remember the Barbara Walters interview with some scenes inside the house. I got sidetracked while searching (there is so much Lucy info & pics online!) & was surprised I was able to go back & find these clips :marionstrong:

Wish he had shown some pictures as I would love to have seen the rooms inside. I think the story is true, though. What great timing they had that day! Shame on them for stealing those knobs from her bathroom, though.

I don't know how to post pics, either -- just links. No time to learn all this constantly changing computer stuff; life is busy enough as it is, eh? :) Had a challenging time learning how to maneuver around this board, but because it was Lucy I made myself figure out the basics :) Although at times I look(ed) like this :lucyshock: & this :lucydaze: !

Well, after you google Lucy's HOUSE, you get all these pages and i had to go through quite a few of them to get to the realtor's pics of the mansion, and i already had copies of those so when my beau comes back home, i'll have him show me how to post them here. Both Jim Brochu and Lee Tannen had great descriptions of the house in their books, so you can make a mock up from those and i have it all pretty down pat by now. I guess the house is pretty unimpressive by today's standards as Lucy liked everything to stay the way it was and never redecorated that much, and if she did, she just got duplicates of everything that was there before. The living room was pretty formal but the den looked quite comfortable. The dining room looked nice but the kitchen was quite old fashioned looking. Of course her bedroom was nice, it helped that gary had the bathroom revamped for her while she was shooting a movie, probably Mame. I know i've said this a thousand times but the landscaping when she lived there was so superior to anything the new owners have done, humongous trimmed hedges and bushes, flowers everywhere and these great old sumptuous trees that are all gone now, the place looks cold and sterile now.

You are so right about skipping parts one and three, the only interesting one is TWO, geez, i thought i RAMBLED, compared to him, i am one quiet individual. Tell Jimmy to fix his backdrop too, it's LA Boutique, not LE, French has everything in male or female and Boutique is female and therefore LA.

• 4 months later...

Archived