60th Anniversary Chat -- Saturday, Oct. 15 (9 pm EST)

Brock

The chat tonight was an absolute blast! Happy Anniversary and thanks to everyone who could make it! :professor:

Just remember that i'll SPECT you when we do The Oscar chat in a few months and YOU'd better be there, LOL! None of you infamous seven show up for any of our regular chats but you all show up in droves for this, the one time i work and can't make it, oh you are all on MY list now i tell ya, LOL! :lucyblah::lucymeh::(:D

The chat tonight was an absolute blast! Happy Anniversary and thanks to everyone who could make it! :professor:

Ditto! It was so much fun. I will post the transcript tomorrow. :) What a great way to spend the milestone.

Thanks, everybody! Even Claude for your cameo appearance. lol

Just remember that i'll SPECT you when we do The Oscar chat in a few months and YOU'd better be there, LOL! None of you infamous seven show up for any of our regular chats but you all show up in droves for this, the one time i work and can't make it, oh you are all on MY list now i tell ya, LOL! :lucyblah::lucymeh::(:D

In my defense, this particular swan just hit the comeback trail to the Lounge last month! B) I'll do my best to attend future chats, if I can get a worch in etchwise! :lucycoy::lucythrill:

I had a wonderful time in the chat room yesterday in celebrating the greatest television series ever. I enjoyed watching "The I Love Lucy Movie" for the very first time ever with the help of YouTube. It was nice to see the entrance to the Desilu Playhouse, the bleachers( with soft cushion pillows on each so no one left the taping with a sore caboose), the three cameras, and the apartment set.

I think this "I Love Lucy Movie" was attempting to do what the arc episodes will be doing in the rest of the series. I am thinking that may be the reason it was never released to the public.

Huh? I don't follow you. Please 'splain! (clarify, please) As for the reason(s) this was never released, those have been well-documented here and other sources. :D

Yes, it was fun. We should do that more often.

Am I in the Infamous Seven? :peachonthebeach:

Huh? I don't follow you. Please 'splain! (clarify, please) As for the reason(s) this was never released, those have been well-documented here and other sources. :D

Are you asking me to explain this with some intelligence,here? I am afraid I would be on the phone for a very long time to obtain that. :lucy2:

I did a little research yesterday on this topic. The film was pre-screened in Bakersfield, California with a favorable response. It was going to be released under United Artists. The only thing standing in its way was MGM who requested that the film be shelved because of their property "The Long Long Trailer".

• 2 years later...

What took them so LONG???  So they were running new episodes through 1961?

Do you know if they ran The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour and gave it any special treatment?

I found an old TV Guide from 1967, the last summer CBS ran LDCH  and the title is listed as LUCI-Desi Comedy Hour. (An "I" instead of a Y)

I know BBC2 ran The Lucy Show and were current with the episodes run in the US (at least according to one UK TV Guide I saw from 1966).  And  "Lucy in London" aired about the same time it did here.

A lesser known fact I guess but next year marks I love Lucy s 60th anniversary. On 25th September 1955 it made its premier in the uk on the brand new channel ITV, which had started on 22nd September.

Sadly that's as much as I know. I found out show was on bbc but not which one. Finally pinned down the date for I love Lucy last night. I always thought Lucy was the first improved show but found it night that that wasn't the case but she was amongst the first

On the Burns and Allen "show within a show", they talk about being picked up for another season in England.

That's one show that probably didn't translate well to other languages.  So much of it was verbal.  Usually Gracie's mistaken idea of what noun a prepositional phrase refers to.

Antenna is running a string of great episodes right now, some featuring Doris Packer in her recurring Mrs.Millicent Sohmers character, a rich society woman that is so befuddled by Gracie she sees a shrink.

Doris/Millicent, the president of the "Ladies of Oyster Bay", apologizes to Gracie for her behavior.  "I'm sorry I pounded the gavel while you were talking.  I should have used my head."  To which, gracie replied........need I tell you?

B&A got better as it went along.  You'd think they would run out of plots.  Wonder if they borrowed from the radio show, ala My Favorite Husband.

Sadly that's as much as I know. I found out show was on bbc but not which one. Finally pinned down the date for I love Lucy last night. I always thought Lucy was the first improved show but found it night that that wasn't the case but she was amongst the first

Archived