Last Lucy Item You Bought?

Brock

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, i just got the TV Guide magazine with Lucy and The Burtons on the cover. A purchase off Ebay for $15.00. It was in good shape for 41 years of age, no label on the cover. Its nice to see how many times a day ILL and TLS was on, including the weekends.

Yesterday, i just got the TV Guide magazine with Lucy and The Burtons on the cover. A purchase off Ebay for $15.00. It was in good shape for 41 years of age, no label on the cover. Its nice to see how many times a day ILL and TLS was on, including the weekends.

Yes that is cool, Mickie. What region did this issue cover? :D

The season five Here's Lucy DVD set.

Ditto...finally!

After a futile attempt to find it at the "usual suspects" (Target, Best Buy, Fry's, even Amoeba!) and driving all over LA in the process to no avail -- which I still can't believe!! -- I finally gave up trying to get my hands on a copy at a brick & mortar store and ordered a copy through Amazon, so hopefully it'll be here in time for the weekend and a marathon viewing. Eeeesh!

:maryjane2:

Same here, Joe... Couldn't find Here's Lucy Season 5 anywhere in town! It's a pity: these stores force a person to use on-line merchants, then complain that "there's no business."

Exactly. I am happy to report however that nearly every store I hit was well stocked in every season of those WUNDAFUL CBS Paramount TLS releases! ;)

Same here, Joe... Couldn't find Here's Lucy Season 5 anywhere in town! It's a pity: these stores force a person to use on-line merchants, then complain that "there's no business."

After another "sponteneous" trip to Amoeba last night (always dangerou$!), I'm happy to report that not only did they finally have HL S5 stocked -- seven copies! -- but it was reasonably priced (not as cheap as Amazon and the rest, but still...), the shelf was full of the other HL seasons and ILL and TLS too. They even had a copy of Calls the President, so if you're in the greater LA/Hollywood area and haven't picked up one yet, now's your chance. :D

Of course if you do go there you have to resist all the other temptation that this treasure trove of a store holds! lucyhorror.JPG

After another "sponteneous" trip to Amoeba last night (always dangerou$!), I'm happy to report that not only did they finally have HL S5 stocked -- seven copies! -- but it was reasonably priced (not as cheap as Amazon and the rest, but still...), the shelf was full of the other HL seasons and ILL and TLS too. They even had a copy of Calls the President, so if you're in the greater LA/Hollywood area and haven't picked up one yet, now's your chance. :D

Of course if you do go there you have to resist all the other temptation that this treasure trove of a store holds! lucyhorror.JPG

There's a Suncoast/FYE combo at a mall nearby and I've had to force myself to stop going because of all the gems they carry that no one else seems to---but their spontaneous sales are hard to pass up, ie. The Thin Man and Bette Davis collections for $20 each!

Here's Lucy Season 5. Like many of you, I had to go the online route, too. My local T arget always has a few copies of each season of "The Lucy Show", but a helpful employee checked his inventory list for Here's Lucy & said none of those were on order.

For Christmas Santa brought me a few pictures of the ILL gang which I framed & have hanging in my office. :D

Here's Lucy Season 5. Like many of you, I had to go the online route, too. My local T arget always has a few copies of each season of "The Lucy Show", but a helpful employee checked his inventory list for Here's Lucy & said none of those were on order.

For Christmas Santa brought me a few pictures of the ILL gang which I framed & have hanging in my office. :D

For me it was the opposite here at HMV, they no longer carry The Lucy Show but have always had every Here's Lucy season.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if I bought a laser disc of The Joy of Living and DIDN'T have a laser disc player of my own, that would be pretty dumb, wouldn't it?

... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

:lucyeww:

Not at all, i thought you might just want to add it to your collection knowing it's worth in the Lucy marketplace. Never heard of a woman buying dog food on sale but yet did not even have a dog?

Not at all, i thought you might just want to add it to your collection knowing it's worth in the Lucy marketplace. Never heard of a woman buying dog food on sale but yet did not even have a dog?

LOL! I thought despite not having a player, the box would be a nice addition to the collection and it was only $7. The same bookstore had a few used ILL VHS tapes for a buck a pop, but I already bought those when I was in kindergarten. LOL