The Newer, More Improved SOCK IT TO ME Thread

Brock

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lucy1: For fourteen years, Ricky's been trusting, devoted, understanding. And what have I been? Thoughtless, meddlesome, bungling, scheming, conniving...

:bill1: Irritating, headstrong, obnoxious....

:viv1: Fred!

:lucy1: It's all right, Ethel. Let him alone. He's right.

:viv1: As long as it's open season, how about petty, childish, stubborn, vain...

:lucy1: All right, let's not get carried away.

Lucy: Monday is all part of the weekend. You know, "Saturday, Sunday, Monday". But Thursday is T"huuuuursday, Friiiiiiday, Saaaaturday." Thursday is miles from Saturday!

Carolyn: It is not!

Lucy: What time was Little Stevie born?

Carolyn: 12 noon.

Lucy: Ah-ha! Little Ricky was born at 11 in the morning, and 11 o'clock Monday is closer to 2 o'clock Saturday than 12 o'clock Thursday.

Carolyn: Now, wait! Stevie was born in California, so that is Pacific Standard Time --

Lucy: WELL! If you want to drag in all those phoney technicalities.

:mred: (reading a fan letter) Dear Carol Burnett: I have never missed one of your shows, or your movies. I love everything you do. You're the funniest person alive and your show is the greatest. I have pictures of you all over my room. I even have a life-sized poster of you on my closet door. Every night before going to bed, I say, 'Goodnight, Carol. I love you.' When I wake up, you're the first person I say Good Morning to. I thought it would be nice if you had a picture of me too, so I am enclosing a snapshot of me in front of my house. There is a picture of a little girl here and on the back she writes, 'To my very favourite in the whole wide world, Lucille Ball.'

:lucyhaha:

:lucy2: How old are you?

:mred:  I'd rather not. After all I am in show business and we movie actresses don't like to reveal our true age.

:lucy2: I thought you were just a secretary. I never knew you were an actress.

:mred: You know, Carol Krausemeyer isn't my professional name.

:lucy2: What is your professional name?

:mred: Raquel Welch. 

:lucyeww:

:mred:  :mellow:... So somebody let the air out.  

:mred: (reading a fan letter) Dear Carol Burnett: I have never missed one of your shows, or your movies. I love everything you do. You're the funniest person alive and your show is the greatest. I have pictures of you all over my room. I even have a life-sized poster of you on my closet door. Every night before going to bed, I say, 'Goodnight, Carol. I love you.' When I wake up, you're the first person I say Good Morning to. I thought it would be nice if you had a picture of me too, so I am enclosing a snapshot of me in front of my house. There is a picture of a little girl here and on the back she writes, 'To my very favourite in the whole wide world, Lucille Ball.'

So sweet! What's this from??

• 3 weeks later...

Jamieson:  The people who bought tickets thought they were contributing to a reputable charity and therefore you have defrauded them. Fraud is a crime that is punishable by one to 10 years in the penitentiary.

Lucy: But, I'm going to Europe! I don't have time to spend one to 10 years in the penitentiary!

:viv1: Raffles are always for such needy causes.

:lucy1: Ethel, at this moment you and I are two neediest causes I can think of.

:viv1: Is it honest?

:lucy1: It's 100% honest.

:lucy1: We say we're having a raffle. We sell tickets. Somebody who wins the ticket wins a television set. What can be more honest than that?

:viv1: I guess it is.

:lucy1: Now, all we have to do is think up a good phony name. 

:lucy2: Mr. Mooney, you've got to lend me $100!

:gale1: Why?!

:viv2: We found a famous movie star living in an empty house. No furniture. Nothing to eat.

:lucy2: She's starving and I want the money to buy her some food.

:gale1: A likely story.

:viv2: It's the truth. You'll never believe this, but the star is Joan Crawford.

:gale1: Joan Crawford?!

:viv2: Mildred Pierce!

:bill1: $16 shoes aren't supposed to hurt.

:viv1: You don't buy $16 shoes for comfort; you buy 'em for looks!

:bill1: Then you ought to walk on your hands so people can see your feet!

Caroline: I just hope that little glutton of yours hasn't taught my Stevie any bad habits.

Lucy: That goes double!

Caroline: My little Stevie does't have any bad habits.

Lucy: I hope he doesn't copy any of his good habits like scratching himself or peeling bananas with his feet.

Mary Jane: We could come up with songs that talk about what working with Mr. Mooney is really like! :D

Lucy: ... How about Plenty of Nothin'? :P

Mary Jane: I mean songs that are complimentary.

Lucy: Like what?

Mary Jane: Well, how about, "Who's wonderful? Who's marvelous? Mr. Mooneeeey!" :D

Lucy: That's cute! I'll write that down.

Mary Jane: And, "Whennnn the Mooney comes over the mountain..."

Lucy: Very good! How about, "Mooooo-ney! How I love you! How I love you! My dear boss Mooney!"?

Mary Jane: "I'm in love with Misssssssssss-ter Mooooneyyy..."

Lucy: We might be able to use that, yeah. :P "Mooooooooooney and roses..."

Mary Jane: Yes! And, "Mooo-o-o-o-o-ney Riv-v-v-v-v-er-r-r!"

Lucy: You know, you have a nice voice!

Archived