Which Lucy did you prefer? Ricardo? Carmichael? Carter?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i'm surprised she had such a great special with no AR combo in her name, LOL! Must have been her great pairing with Dino and the subject matter, a screwball Lucy type situation.

As far as I'm concerned, they could have just left Lucy as Lucy Carter, instead of changing her name to Collins for the LGL special. This wasn't long after Here's Lucy and she was still a widow, we could presume was from the LA area. And the broke the trend of the AR combo in her name (Ricardo-Carmichael-Carter-Whittaker-Barker)!!!!

As far as I'm concerned, they could have just left Lucy as Lucy Carter, instead of changing her name to Collins for the LGL special. This wasn't long after Here's Lucy and she was still a widow, we could presume was from the LA area. And the broke the trend of the AR combo in her name (Ricardo-Carmichael-Carter-Whittaker-Barker)!!!!

Yeah but that way, as Lucy Carter, she might have had to fork over more bucks to Jess.

Yeah but that way, as Lucy Carter, she might have had to fork over more bucks to Jess.

From what I understood, Jess created the Lucy Ricardo character which both Lucy Carmichael and Lucy Carter were based off. By the time Here's Lucy rolled around, whatever dispute Lucy and Jess had over the Lucy character was already settled (outside of court). So if Lucy was able to continue playing that character in another series then why not in a special? Or are you saying that Lucy and Jess made some type of a deal (example: Jess getting paid every time the Lucy character is used whether it is be in a series or a special, ect.)?

Correction, Lucy never needed anybody to be the Queen of all things, LOL! After all, it was called The L U C Y show.

Lucy was truly unique in the way that she was able to carry a show on her own. I mean how many actors can you say that about when they had a tv series named after them? It only goes to show you how talented and gifted Lucy was in the realm of her work. She was a one of a kind.

From what I understood, Jess created the Lucy Ricardo character which both Lucy Carmichael and Lucy Carter were based off. By the time Here's Lucy rolled around, whatever dispute Lucy and Jess had over the Lucy character was already settled (outside of court). So if Lucy was able to continue playing that character in another series then why not in a special? Or are you saying that Lucy and Jess made some type of a deal (example: Jess getting paid every time the Lucy character is used whether it is be in a series or a special, ect.)?

Listen, all i know is what i read and he created the character for her first series and then sued as the character continued in two other series that he had nothing to do with. Trouble is he died a year before she did so he could even have squawked about Life with Lucy.

Lucy was truly unique in the way that she was able to carry a show on her own. I mean how many actors can you say that about when they had a tv series named after them? It only goes to show you how talented and gifted Lucy was in the realm of her work. She was a one of a kind.

Exactly, she WAS the BEST at what she did and nobody but nobody ever came close to her, she was unique and had more talent in her little finger than most Hollywood actresses have in their whole bodies. She crated a character that was so R E A L that the world fell in love with it and came to know that character as a member of their own family. I look at some scenes where the magic she creates is just incredible, the warmth, the vulnerability, she makes you care about her and love her for everything she does. She could make bologna seem like caviar, the female Chaplin, learned from the greats and helped the newcomers, i'd better stop now or this will turn into a eulogy.

• 1 year later...

I dun't see the AR combo in the last name "Whittaker". Granted, there's an A and a R in that last name, however, they aren't next to each other. The A and R are all next to each other in these last names: RicARdo, CARmichael, & CARter. BARker and ARnaz too. 

Archived