Lucy A to Z -- B!

Brock

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbara Whiting (co-starred on the cover of TV Guide with Lucy & Desi, co-starred with Gale on Junior Miss, and, according to her wikipedia page, "could often be found feeding the squirrels while singing and dancing around her kitchen" in her retirement. :lucyshock: )

Backus, Jim 02/25/13 - 07/03/89

Jim Backus, Arnazes long-time friend; Natalie Schafer's husband; radio, television, and film's 'voice' of Mr. Magoo; Lucille's early film-career co-star, Easy Living; 1949; friend, co-star, Lucille/Richard Denning's CBS' Radio series, My Favorite Husband, 1950; guest; Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, “Star Witness”, 1960; Lucille's co-star, Critic’s Choice, 1963; co-star, Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Password All-Stars, 1965, and Getting Away From It All, 1972, as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Fantasy Island, “Reunion/Anniversary”, 1978; is born this date in 1913.

Black, T. Henry (Jamestown photographer who infamously proclaimed Lucille Ball was unphotogenic)

Magster: Can you please tell me from what source of research you found this information? I'd like to research it a bit more for addition to the chronology. This is an important piece of information which must be part of it. Thanks....JK

Hauser, Robert B. Cinematographer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1955, Man With A Camera “Two Strings of Pearls”, 1958; Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, Yancy Derringer, 29 episodes, 1958-59; as well as Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, as director of photography: “The Frank Nitti Story”, “The Big Squeeze”, “The St. Louis Story”, and “Star Witness”, 1960; is born this date in 1919.

Magster: Can you please tell me from what source of research you found this information? I'd like to research it a bit more for addition to the chronology. This is an important piece of information which must be part of it. Thanks....JK

Joyce, Pauline Lopus tells the story in Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie, and in her autobiography Lucy herself writes, "...DeDe sent me to the best photographer in Jamestown, T. Henry Black. It was Mr. Black who was quoted as saying, 'It's very difficult to get a satisfactory picture of Miss Ball because the lady is just not photogenic!'" (p. 30) The pictures Lucy references are from when she was in the Miss Celeron bathing beauty contest as a teenager.

Hope that helps! :)

Joyce, Pauline Lopus tells the story in Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie, and in her autobiography Lucy herself writes, "...DeDe sent me to the best photographer in Jamestown, T. Henry Black. It was Mr. Black who was quoted as saying, 'It's very difficult to get a satisfactory picture of Miss Ball because the lady is just not photogenic!'" (p. 30) The pictures Lucy references are from when she was in the Miss Celeron bathing beauty contest as a teenager.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, Magster: Found it, page 36, Love, Lucy - I'm happy....Regards, JK

John Barrymore b. 02/15/1882 d. 05/29/1942

Barrymore, John, appears, via archival footage(s): Desilu Productions', Fractured Flickers, 1963; with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Judy Garland's Hollywood, 1997; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage(s), You Know the Face, 2009, is born this date in 1882.

!!!!!!

Did that strike a nerve? LOL

John Barrymore b. 02/15/1882 d. 05/29/1942

Barrymore, John, appears, via archival footage(s): Desilu Productions', Fractured Flickers, 1963; with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Judy Garland's Hollywood, 1997; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage(s), You Know the Face, 2009, is born this date in 1882.

Lucy also mentioned John Barrymore (and his siblings) in Ann-Margret: From Hollywood with Love

Boston Post Road (Where Lady Godiva Lucy Ricardo took a trip on the Ramseys' lawmnower. Against traffic all the way. Lucy Raises Tulips)

Archived