Lucy A to Z -- C!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole Porter b. 6/9/1891 d. 10/15/64

Cole Porter - composer and friend of Lucille Ball, soundtrack for films, DuBarry Was A Lady, 1943, Without Love 1945, appears with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1958; and (“I Love Lucy”) 50th Anniversary Special, 2001 (all via archival footage), is born this date in 1891.

Caught Up in the Draft (the name of the high-larious episode where Lucy Carmichael is mistaken for Lou C Carmichael and is drafted and forced to attend boot camp!)

P.S. Did anyone mention Carter (Her last name in Here's Lucy) and Carter's Unique Employment Agency (The agency ran by Mr. Harrison Carter himself?!

HOW IN THE WORLD HAVE WE GOTTEN TO PAGE 6 OF THIS THREAD WITHOUT MENTIONING: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed....JK :o

Bob Carroll, Jr. b. 8/12/18 d. 1/27/07

Bob Carroll, Jr., one-half the writing team all ‘things’ Lucille Ball: My Favorite Husband, 1948-1951; (“I Love Lucy”). 174 episodes, 1951-57; Writer, (“I Love Lucy”) Christmas Show, 1956; Writer, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, 1955; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse; Writer, 1 episode, “K.O. Kitty”, 1958; Script Consultant, 7 episodes, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 1958-60; Writer, The Lucy Show, four episodes, 1962-66; Script Supervisor, 2 episodes, 1962; Writer, Desilu Productions', Vacation Playhouse, “All About Barbara”, 1963; Creator/Writer, 52 episodes, 1967-9, & Script Consultant, Desi Arnaz Productions', The Mothers-In-Law, two episodes, 1967; Writer, TV Movie, and Producer, Desilu Productions', unsold television pilot, The Carol Channing Show, Ms. Channing playing a small-town talk show host who moves to NYC trying to make it big, 1967; Writer/Story, Desilu Productions', Lucille Ball film, Yours, Mine and Ours, 1968; Writer, (“Here’s Lucy”), 7 episodes, 1970-73; Writer, Producer, Lucy Calls The President, 1977; Writer, Life With Lucy, five episodes, 1986, Producer, one episode, 1986; writer, (“I Love Lucy”) The Very First Show, 1990; Lucy and Desi: A Home Movie, 1993; American Masters: Finding Lucy, 2000; (“I Love Lucy’s”) 50th Anniversary Special, 2001; The Desilu Story, 2003; as well as writer, 1968 motion picture story, Yours, Mine and Ours, 2005; is born this date in 1918.

Christopher Columbus (He proved to a bunch of squares that the earth is round with three ships - the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Anita; without him we wouldn't have a city in O-hee-o. - Lucy and Carol Burnett)

:marionstrong:

Chocolate Soldier (from which Ethel Mae Potter selected "My Hero" as her follow-up to "Shortnin' Bread".)

Archived