Lucy in London screening in LA

Neil

From what I gather, the itinerary for the evening on Monday, 12/5/11 at the LA Paley Center's salute to

LUCY IN LONDON will be:

1) The new 29 minute documentary (that is extremely well done and featured on S5 of TLS DVD, releasing on Tuesday, 12/6)

2) A short clip of The Lucy Show episode that the special spawned from

3) The actual special (GORGEOUS!!)

4) An interview with director, Steve Binder and writer Ron Friedman, followed by a short Q&A

Should be a wonderful evening!

LIL_Tease.jpg

OMG they certainly were not kidding about how pristine that print of the special is!!!!!

Laura will fill in more details I'm sure, but here's a little preview (from my perspective) of a wonderful evening:

Tom Watson, producer of The Lucy Show DVD extras materials hosted the event and first introduced editor/artist Jonathan Angus, who said the release of the special was a longtime dream come true;

his sentiments were obviously on everyone's mind in the audience.

We then were treated to the 29 minute documentary, "Lucy in London Revisited" which is beautifully cut and boasts a lot of behind the scenes footage and photos.

LILRevisited_Title.jpg

InBoat.jpg

InThamesCU.jpg

Umbrella.jpg

CrossingStreet_Clapper.jpg

Next up was a snippet of The Lucy Show where we learn that Lucy is on her way to London...

TLSLondon.jpg

...and then was the actual 57 minute special...projected in HD with enthusiastic response. The fact that director, Steve Binder and writer Ron Friedman were in attendance, every 'act' got a nice round of applause.

LILTitlesm.jpg

The special was overwhelmingly received (I'm sure there were plenty of people that had never seen it) and then it was time for a panel discussion

with Tom, Steve, Ron & TV Historian, Dan Wingate, who gave great insight on the documentary. (In photo from left to right are: Dan, Ron, Steve & Tom).

LILPanel.jpg

Finally, a short round of questions from the audience, including our own Laura, who shared her personal visits to the actual London locations with the panel…especially the director.

They later had a chance to meet and she shared some of her wonderful photos with him.

LJBinder.jpg

In attendance were Frank Gorey, Wanda Clark, Frances Fisher, Suzanne LaRusch, Michael Stern & some of the CBS & Paramount executives (that green lit the special).

Among some of our own Loungers & Lucypals present were: Neil/JoeySoCal/the Gab Entertainment producers, George & Garrett, Rob Ray, Lauren Foulk and others that I'm sure I am forgetting. (Apologies.)

ALL IN ALL…A TRULY GREAT EVENING THAT PAID REAL HOMAGE TO A GREAT TV SPECIAL AND ONE VERY SPECIAL WOMAN!

Laura will fill in more details I'm sure, but here's a little preview (from my perspective) of a wonderful evening:

Tom Watson, producer of The Lucy Show DVD extras materials hosted the event and first introduced editor/artist Jonathan Angus, who said the release of the special was a longtime dream come true;

his sentiments were obviously on everyone's mind in the audience.

We then were treated to the 29 minute documentary, "Lucy in London Revisited" which is beautifully cut and boasts a lot of behind the scenes footage and photos.

LILRevisited_Title.jpg

InBoat.jpg

InThamesCU.jpg

Umbrella.jpg

CrossingStreet_Clapper.jpg

Next up was a snippet of The Lucy Show where we learn that Lucy is on her way to London...

TLSLondon.jpg

...and then was the actual 57 minute special...projected in HD with enthusiastic response. The fact that director, Steve Binder and writer Ron Friedman were in attendance, every 'act' got a nice round of applause.

LILTitlesm.jpg

The special was overwhelmingly received (I'm sure there were plenty of people that had never seen it) and then it was time for a panel discussion

with Tom, Steve, Ron & TV Historian, Dan Wingate, who gave great insight on the documentary. (In photo from left to right are: Dan, Ron, Steve & Tom).

LILPanel.jpg

Finally, a short round of questions from the audience, including our own Laura, who shared her personal visits to the actual London locations with the panel…especially the director.

They later had a chance to meet and she shared some of her wonderful photos with him.

LJBinder.jpg

In attendance were Frank Gorey, Wanda Clark, Frances Fisher, Suzanne LaRusch, Michael Stern & some of the CBS & Paramount executives (that green lit the special).

Among some of our own Loungers & Lucypals present were: Neil/JoeySoCal/the Gab Entertainment producers, George & Garrett, Rob Ray, Lauren Foulk and others that I'm sure I am forgetting. (Apologies.)

ALL IN ALL…A TRULY GREAT EVENING THAT PAID REAL HOMAGE TO A GREAT TV SPECIAL AND ONE VERY SPECIAL WOMAN!

THANKS FOR THE GREAT RECAP, SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!

Great re-cap, Rick! Thanks for the second hand thrill!!

Ditto! Sounds like it was a truly fabulous evening and it's so nice to hear that the evening was so well-attended and the special so well received. A true testament to Lucy's very special star power that she still draws such interest and so many fans! :)

Archived