Lucy in London, specifically!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I spent years thinking he was a low life with a big ego cos when I tried to find out what he had to say about the special he just sent a signed photo. It was only recently I looked at the back of the picture and found a note saying he's sorry but doesn't remember doing it. OOOPS :)

LOL I spent years thinking he was a low life with a big ego cos when I tried to find out what he had to say about the special he just sent a signed photo. It was only recently I looked at the back of the picture and found a note saying he's sorry but doesn't remember doing it. OOOPS :)

Wow, doesn't remember working with Lucy Ball, amazing!

All this talk of Frank Thornton has put me in the mood for an Are You Being Served? marathon. I can't believe he's one of only two members of the original cast still alive.

Well of the regular cast there are 3 now sill with us. Frank, Nicholas Smith (Mr Rumbold), and Mike Berry (young Mr Spooner). I think a few of the secretaries are still around, and the canteen manageress

I'll do a full review soon! But for now...last page of the production notes, "Courtesey Ric Wyman Collection." Wonder who contacted him? (not that it matters, was just a bit surprised)

Shouldn't get into this, here, on this thread; but, you brought up arrdubya's name; so, here goes with the Jamestown 'gossip' mill; we've ALL been wondering why a Wisconsin person would stay around this small town, where he did so much; ________; but, it seems he has stuck around thinking he can mend his fences! Seems he has received an apology from some folks who knew what he did; were in on the whole kit and kaboodle, and I can name everyone who was; and saw him recently, saying they were sorry they had been 'misled' about him....I'm here stating, for a fact, THERE IS NO F'ing way anyone was misled about him.... Hedda, signing off for now....

Shouldn't get into this, here, on this thread; but, you brought up arrdubya's name; so, here goes with the Jamestown 'gossip' mill; we've ALL been wondering wny a Wisconsin person would stay around this small town, where he did so much; ________; but, it seems he has stuck around thinking he can mend his fences! Seems he has received an apology from some folks who knew what he did; were in on the whole kit and kaboodle, and I can name everyone who was; and saw him recently, saying they were sorry they had been 'misled' about him....I'm here stating, for a fact, THERE IS NO F'ing way anyone was misled about him.... Hedda, signing off for now....

Well, as you live there and worked at the center, YOU would know, thanks for the scoop!

• 3 years later...

I watched this again tonight.

I just LOVE how good she is in it. She had the resources to expand on her character and my god did she ever. Those little lovely moments she creates...watch her approach the guy she thinks is was before he snaps at her.. And her jabbering when she thinks a wax figure came alive...or when she plays KATE and has to answer NEVER ... or her pantomime with the blue "professor" outfit... This put me in a good mood..Oh how I love her bumblebees.

I love her bumblebees too. :lol:

I just got around to watching this special. I'd been stuck on this special on my season 5 dvd for, oh, a few years now I guess. I wasn't looking forward to it since I'm not a big fan of this type of special, but I didn't want to skip it either. So I just delayed and delayed.

Anyway, it was a lot better than I was expecting. Really enjoyed it. What a fool I was.

Anyway, now I get to continue on with season 5 and my season 6 DVD which hadn't even been opened. I love looking for the parts that were clipped from the syndicated versions I've seen umpteen times.

Archived