Lucy A to Z -- D!

leenorman

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Charles Daley b. 2/20/14 d. 2/24/91

John Charles Daley, host of long-running TV (“What’s My Line?”) - 783 episodes - 1950-1967; on which Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz appear many times, and neighbor of DeDe (Lucille’s mother), Lucille, Lucie and Desi, IV, when Lucille was appearing on Broadway, in Wildcat, is born this date in 1914.

Mike Douglas b. 08/11/25 d. 8/11/06

Mike Douglas, television talk show host, The Mike Douglas Show; the Arnazes friend; appears with Lucille Ball (“What's My Line?”), 1965; Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), guest, 1965; twice in 1970; Lucie Arnaz appears, 1972, Lucille co-hosts, 5 days, 1978; Lucie appears, 1978; guests, with Lucille, The Mary Tyler Moore Hour, 1979, Lucie guests, with Laurence Luckinbill, 1980; as well as Lucille, guest, 1980, is born this date in 1925.

Deacon, Richard: Desilu connections: Mel Cooley, The Dick Van Dyke Show; Elmer Zellerbach, Here's Lucy; Roger Buell, The Mothers-in-Law; Leon Thatcher, The Carol Channing Show (unsold pilot); and Winslow the Butler, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, "Tallulah" ep, to name but a few.

Check out his bio -- he appeared on EVERYTHING in the 50s and 60s at one point or another! :D

Jane Darwell b. 10/15/79 d. 08/13/67

Jane Darwell, Lucille Ball co-star, Roman Scandals, 1933; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, It Happened in Flatbush, 1942, The Lemon Drop Kid, 1951; guest, Desilu Productions', Willy, “Willy and Hansel and Gretel”, 1955; Sheriff of Cochise, “The Shadow”, 1956; Cavalcade of America, “Woman's Work”, 1956; as well as New Comedy Showcase, “You're Only Young Twice”, 1960; is born this date in 1879.

Deacon, Richard b. 5/14/21 d. 8/8/84: Desilu connections: Mel Cooley, The Dick Van Dyke Show; Elmer Zellerbach, Here's Lucy; Roger Buell, The Mothers-in-Law; Leon Thatcher, The Carol Channing Show (unsold pilot); and Winslow the Butler, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, "Tallulah" ep, to name but a few.

Check out his bio -- he appeared on EVERYTHING in the 50s and 60s at one point or another! :D

Forgive me, Joey; just wanted to add what I have so far:

Richard Deacon, guest, Desilu Productions’, The Gun of Zangara, 1960; December Bride “Sunken Den”, and “Lily the Matchmaker”, 1956; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 2 episodes, 1956-61; The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour “The Celebrity Next Door”, 1957; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Three Sons, with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), “Adjust or Bust,” 1960; guest, Desilu Productions’, The Untouchables “The Unhired Assassin, Part 1”, 1960; Guestward Ho! “Too Many Cooks”, 1961; co-star, Lucille Ball film Critics’s Choice, 1963; guest, Desilu Productions', The Mothers-In-Law, as Roger Buell, unknown episodes, 1968-1969; Lucille guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Bank Scandal”, and “Lucy and the Safe Cracker”, 1963; as well as Lucille guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy and Carol Burnett”, 1971, and “Lucy Sublets the Office”, 1972.

I notice a cuppla thin's you have that I've missed; I thank you....Love, JK

Doris Dowling

b. 05/15/23 d. 06/18/04

Doris Dowling, guest, Desilu Productions', The Greatest Show on Earth “Of Blood, Sawdust, and a Bucket of Tears”, 1964; as well as Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Andy Griffith Show “Floyd, the Gay Deceiver”, 1962, and My Living Doll, 5 episodes, as Irene Adams, 1964, is born this date in 1923.

Archived