1999 convention

Just out of curiosity, why has this jacket become an issue again? I haven't heard anything about it in a couple of years.

The jacket should be in the archives. It is not, along with the Forever Darling Wedding Dress, A pink boa, shoes, and who knows what else. Who is minding the archives. The picture on the Lucy-Desi website shows a perfectly kept room with archives. It is fake because I have been in the archives and they are in a horrible mess. I found the hat from Mame on the floor. I found the very first contract that Lucy signed for her first film "BEAUTY FOR THE ASKING" on a bookshelf with garbage. I donated that contract and expected it to be preserved. I bet it is still on a table outside the archives where I left it. Need I say more! I donated a Ricky Jr. buggy, still in its shipping box. Never put together. The employees put it together totally ruining it's value. The board said "once you donate something, it is ours to do with what we want" Hear me now...believe me later! It is a shame....

The jacket should be in the archives. It is not, along with the Forever Darling Wedding Dress, A pink boa, shoes, and who knows what else. Who is minding the archives. The picture on the Lucy-Desi website shows a perfectly kept room with archives. It is fake because I have been in the archives and they are in a horrible mess. I found the hat from Mame on the floor. I found the very first contract that Lucy signed for her first film "BEAUTY FOR THE ASKING" on a bookshelf with garbage. I donated that contract and expected it to be preserved. I bet it is still on a table outside the archives where I left it. Need I say more! I donated a Ricky Jr. buggy, still in its shipping box. Never put together. The employees put it together totally ruining it's value. The board said "once you donate something, it is ours to do with what we want" Hear me now...believe me later! It is a shame....

Sorry for saying this, but they all sound like a bunch of careless douches. Shameful.

So, did they have the dress at one time and is it now missing? I thought I remembered seeing it once.

Yes, it was on loan from someone. They cannot find it, or should I say someone has it...Whatever! The Center does not have it....

Sounds like wherever the jacket is, it's in better hands than these museum people. I didn't realize things had gone this far downhill since Ric Wyman ceased running the place.

Sounds like wherever the jacket is, it's in better hands than these museum people. I didn't realize things had gone this far downhill since Ric Wyman ceased running the place.

Ric is the reason the place is a mess...

The wedding dress was from Bigelows department store that a fan had on loan at the Center. The dress disappeared under Ric's watch. The owner of the dress sued the Center. Can't blame them...The dress never turned up. Let's watch ebay together....

Ric is the reason the place is a mess...

The wedding dress was from Bigelows department store that a fan had on loan at the Center. The dress disappeared under Ric's watch. The owner of the dress sued the Center. Can't blame them...The dress never turned up. Let's watch ebay together....

Neil-did you go through your pics yet? This weekend?? Think, blue Desilu jacket!

Any memories yet:)

No...This was 13 years ago after all. All I can remember is Dann showing the jacket at a panel discussion. It might have been donated as a prize to the trivia contest, because it seems like there was a jacket given away to the big winner.

Does anyone know who purchased the Desilu crew jacket that was auctioned in Jamestown in 2008? It was donated by Viv's neice and sold for $1,200 if the notes in my auction catalogue are accurate.

It just gets MORE and MORE interesting, doesn't it? Thanks, Brock, for keeping the 'evidence' from 2008; THAT is MUCH more RECENT than some of the 'other' guesses, and.... 'stories'....

Does anyone know who purchased the Desilu crew jacket that was auctioned in Jamestown in 2008? It was donated by Viv's neice and sold for $1,200 if the notes in my auction catalogue are accurate.

I do know who bought Viv's jacket. Not sure if he wants it posted, but I will check. He is a sweetie:)

• 1 year later...

Archived