Desi Jr's A WEDDING

C L A U D E

I remember a newspaper interview with Lucy from 1978 promoting the Nashville show and she commented she was devastated by the ending of A WEDDING, which no one had mentioned to her in advance. I have never seen this movie even though I adore Lillian Gish.

Devestated? Well, you think something happened, but then you find out it didn't so . . . unless she meant the shower scene where Desi jr's in the shower with the gay guy, they have some clothes on, Desi jr has underwear and the gay guy's trying to sober him up, nothing devestating there.

Devestated? Well, you think something happened, but then you find out it didn't so . . .

Maybe she didn't use the word devastated (after all I haven't seen that article in 30+ years) but it was clear by her comments she was at least for the moment put away by what presumed to have happened to Desi's character (as I mentioned I haven't seen the movie so I had to cheat and find out exactly what was the ending on the net) as one might expect from a mother watching her son on screen and not expecting that moment.

Maybe she didn't use the word devastated (after all I haven't seen that article in 30+ years) but it was clear by her comments she was at least for the moment put away by what presumed to have happened to Desi's character (as I mentioned I haven't seen the movie so I had to cheat and find out exactly what was the ending on the net) as one might expect from a mother watching her son on screen and not expecting that moment.

Exactly, she might have thought he died in a car crash at the end of the movie so . . .

Archived