The Lucy Show -- Season 7 episode guide

Love the cross over potential; MUCH more to explore there.

The return of Mad, Mad Margo is inspired. I think of all the impersonation/characters Lucy did over the years, Margo is certainly in the top 5: others: Lucille McGillicuddy from "Ricky Gets a Raise", Lucille McGillicuddy AND Isabella Klump from "Salad Dressing"; Gun Moll from "Wants to Live in the Country".

Was Serena billed as Pandora SPOCKS? I always thought it was SPARKS.

Nope, it's Spocks. Sparks wouldn't make sense for the "Pandora's Box" takeoff.

And I agree, crossing Lucy over with Bewitched is an inspired move!

I don't want to break up any further episodes in the Bewitched crossover story arc, so this one can be shelved and aired at a later date....

“My Countess, the Car”

Lucy’s “fugitive from a junkpile” Studebaker finally gives up the ghost and the only car she can afford off Al Hergesheimer’s lot is a 1928 Porter. When Lucy turns on the radio, a familiar voice comes through the speaker. Opening up the trunk, Lucy discovers the destitute Countess has set up housekeeping and has sublet the spare tire well to Florabelle Orcutt.

I don't want to break up any further episodes in the Bewitched crossover story arc, so this one can be shelved and aired at a later date....

“My Countess, the Car”

Lucy’s “fugitive from a junkpile” Studebaker finally gives up the ghost and the only car she can afford off Al Hergesheimer’s lot is a 1928 Porter. When Lucy turns on the radio, a familiar voice comes through the speaker. Opening up the trunk, Lucy discovers the destitute Countess has set up housekeeping and has sublet the spare tire well to Florabelle Orcutt.

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

BEYOND BRILLIANT!

Nope, it's Spocks. Sparks wouldn't make sense for the "Pandora's Box" takeoff.

And I agree, crossing Lucy over with Bewitched is an inspired move!

As many times as I saw that credit I never put Pandora Spocks and "Pandora's Box" together. Even after you pointed it out, it took me a while to get the connection. It nice to still be learning something new about these old shows.

A Family Reunion AT Marge and Hughie's Home:

Lucy accepts an invitation to go to a family reunion at Marge and Hughie's home but is under the impression that she was invited to stay at their home. Hughie is angry at Lucy's intrusion into their domestic life and is equally angry at Marge for going along with it.

When Lucy arrives, Marge shows Lucy all her priceless antique items from the colonial period, many of them made of glass and ceramic. Lucy is thrilled to see the wedding gift that she bought them years ago, the upholstered armchair fauteuil. This reminds Lucy of the ill-fated wedding that she planned for them years ago. Lucy begins ranting to Hughie and Marge how embarrassed she was and how ungrateful they were. Marge feels bad and Hughie gets angry.

Meanwhile Marge is trying to organize the family reunion and Lucy objects to everything Marge is planning. Lucy decides that she should plan it instead and Marge owes it to her for ruining the wedding she planned for them. Viv arrives lending her punch recipe to Marge to serve at the reunion. Marge starts crying to Lucy because she is no longer doing anything for the family reunion, so Lucy delegates to Marge the making of the punch. While Marge is making the punch Hughie finds an opportunity to get back at her sister-in-law by spiking the punch. Meanwhile a terrible electrical storm develops which ruins the reunion, no one shows up. Lucy depressed by the turn of events starts drinking alot of the punch. The storm hits closer to home: lightening strikes an electrical pole outside and all the lights go out. Lucy plastered from drinking to much of Marge's punch starts knocking over priceless antique glassware and ceramic items while attempting to find candles or a flashlight so that they could see. Marge is crying and screaming as the sound of glassware and ceramic items are heard breaking in the dark. Lucy feeling bad attempts to clean up the things broken but in the process breaks more items. Hughie lighting a match, accidently sets Lucy's fauteuil on fire. Lucy attempts to help put out the fire by pouring the punch from the bowl onto the chair. Hughie beats Lucy in extinguishing the fire by throwing a blanket over the chair but doesn't stop Lucy from pouring the punch on him.

This has enough in it for an hour-long show!

Nothing wrong with Janet Waldo, but I feel both she and especially Peter Marshall were not good casting choices. I would like to have seen someone a little daffier, quirky and more comic. Joan Shawlee, maybe? Have we ever determined Janet's YOB? She seems a little too young to be playing Lucy's sister. Peter Marshall is just plain awful, which makes his quotes about working with Lucy even tougher to take. Why she hired him again 10 years later is beyond me. Someone like Bill Daly would have been better, an actor who is naturally funny. I love The Lucy Show, but it suffers from continuity problems; AND their inability to see the value in story arcs----as we have demonstrated with the Viv&Vern season long story arc for our wishful retroactive thinking Lucy Show Season 4.

Had Marge/Janet been more engaging she might have been brought back as an occasional character, hopefully leaving Howie and taking her fauteuil with her----along with kiss-obsessed Grandma (and I don't care...I want it to be Kathryn Card), Viv's Uncle Ned and maybe even Ralph Bagley. And how about Lucy's Carmichael in-laws? It would have been great for Lucy to have Eleanor Audley or Norma Varden as her snooty mother-in-law who never approved of her in the first place and is torqued that Lucy is the trust fund beneficiary and not HER. I guess the same can be said for "Here's Lucy" but by that time I think continuity was overseen by the Marquis Chimps.

A Family Reunion AT Marge and Hughie's Home:

Lucy accepts an invitation to go to a family reunion at Marge and Hughie's home but is under the impression that she was invited to stay at their home. Hughie is angry at Lucy's intrusion into their domestic life and is equally angry at Marge for going along with it.

When Lucy arrives, Marge shows Lucy all her priceless antique items from the colonial period, many of them made of glass and ceramic. Lucy is thrilled to see the wedding gift that she bought them years ago, the upholstered armchair fauteuil. This reminds Lucy of the ill-fated wedding that she planned for them years ago. Lucy begins ranting to Hughie and Marge how embarrassed she was and how ungrateful they were. Marge feels bad and Hughie gets angry.

Meanwhile Marge is trying to organize the family reunion and Lucy objects to everything Marge is planning. Lucy decides that she should plan it instead and Marge owes it to her for ruining the wedding she planned for them. Viv arrives lending her punch recipe to Marge to serve at the reunion. Marge starts crying to Lucy because she is no longer doing anything for the family reunion, so Lucy delegates to Marge the making of the punch. While Marge is making the punch Hughie finds an opportunity to get back at her sister-in-law by spiking the punch. Meanwhile a terrible electrical storm develops which ruins the reunion, no one shows up. Lucy depressed by the turn of events starts drinking alot of the punch. The storm hits closer to home: lightening strikes an electrical pole outside and all the lights go out. Lucy plastered from drinking to much of Marge's punch starts knocking over priceless antique glassware and ceramic items while attempting to find candles or a flashlight so that they could see. Marge is crying and screaming as the sound of glassware and ceramic items are heard breaking in the dark. Lucy feeling bad attempts to clean up the things broken but in the process breaks more items. Hughie lighting a match, accidently sets Lucy's fauteuil on fire. Lucy attempts to help put out the fire by pouring the punch from the bowl onto the chair. Hughie beats Lucy in extinguishing the fire by throwing a blanket over the chair but doesn't stop Lucy from pouring the punch on him.

“My Countess, the Car”

:hlLOL: !!!!!!!!!

Can't believe I missed this one!

7.20 -- Lucy & The Former Little Girl with the Big Voice

Bored with her post-Dick van Dyke gameshow rut, Rose Marie retains the services of MUTTS to find her new avenues to use her talents. When Lucy reviews her resume before passing it along to Mr. Mooney, she is amazed to read that the be-bowed actress was once Baby Rose Marie, the Little Girl with the Big Voice. It turns out, that Lucy's grandfather once took Lucy to see Baby Rose Marie's act at Celoron Park and it was she who inspired Lucy to get into show business. Inspired by their shared history (much to the actress' chagrin), Lucy decides to make Rose Marie her own personal cause as she tries to relive their glory days.

(Guest stars: Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam)

7.21 -- Lucy the Leader

Despite her recent career transition with Mr. Mooney, Lucy still holds her position as senior vice president of the League of Los Angeles Banking Secreteries with pride. When the President resigns after a personal scandal, Lucy finds herself in the enviable position as secretery. Lucy's new position in the ranks outrages her junior vice president, Jane Hathaway, who argues that Lucy is ineligable for office because she is no longer employed at the Westland Bank. Normally, Lucy would have probably agreed with her but there is some inherent resentment between the two ladies as Mooney always used to hold Jane, the assistant of his old college rival Milburn Drysdale, up as an example of what a good assistant should be...so Lucy has her back up. When Jane launches an official campaign for the presidential post, Lucy takes her out for drinks in the hopes of getting her to back down.

(Guest star: Nancy Kulp, Kathleen Freeman)

7.22 -- Lucy and Jane Take Tijuana

After an afternoon of carousing, Lucy and Jane Hathaway come to in some dive in Tijuana, Mexico with little to no recollection on how they got there. As they try to piece together the previous evening, they just can't bring themselves to call Ted and Milburn to send them some money to get back, and the only way they can find to get a little extra dough for the bus fare is to fill to vacancies in the chorus line at a seedy, but popular night spot.

(Guest stars: Nancy Kulp, Cesar Romero)

7.20 -- Lucy & The Former Little Girl with the Big Voice

Bored with her post-Dick van Dyke gameshow rut, Rose Marie retains the services of MUTTS to find her new avenues to use her talents. When Lucy reviews her resume before passing it along to Mr. Mooney, she is amazed to read that the be-bowed actress was once Baby Rose Marie, the Little Girl with the Big Voice. It turns out, that Lucy's grandfather once took Lucy to see Baby Rose Marie's act at Celoron Park and it was she who inspired Lucy to get into show business. Inspired by their shared history (much to the actress' chagrin), Lucy decides to make Rose Marie her own personal cause as she tries to relive their glory days.

(Guest stars: Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam)

7.21 -- Lucy the Leader

Despite her recent career transition with Mr. Mooney, Lucy still holds her position as senior vice president of the League of Los Angeles Banking Secreteries with pride. When the President resigns after a personal scandal, Lucy finds herself in the enviable position as secretery. Lucy's new position in the ranks outrages her junior vice president, Jane Hathaway, who argues that Lucy is ineligable for office because she is no longer employed at the Westland Bank. Normally, Lucy would have probably agreed with her but there is some inherent resentment between the two ladies as Mooney always used to hold Jane, the assistant of his old college rival Milburn Drysdale, up as an example of what a good assistant should be...so Lucy has her back up. When Jane launches an official campaign for the presidential post, Lucy takes her out for drinks in the hopes of getting her to back down.

(Guest star: Nancy Kulp, Kathleen Freeman)

7.22 -- Lucy and Jane Take Tijuana

After an afternoon of carousing, Lucy and Jane Hathaway come to in some dive in Tijuana, Mexico with little to no recollection on how they got there. As they try to piece together the previous evening, they just can't bring themselves to call Ted and Milburn to send them some money to get back, and the only way they can find to get a little extra dough for the bus fare is to fill to vacancies in the chorus line at a seedy, but popular night spot.

(Guest stars: Nancy Kulp, Cesar Romero)

Followed by a rousing game of "Jay Allay" :)

LOL, good stuff!

Followed by a rousing game of "Jay Allay" :)

LOL, good stuff!

Another great sitcom cross-over potential. Lucy and Beverly Hillbillies. The idea of Lucy and Jane in a Tijuana chorus line is hilarious. It would have been wonderful if they would have explored these cross-overs more. Given the typical season output of The Lucy Show, I think we're on the verge of Season EIGHT!

Another great sitcom cross-over potential. Lucy and Beverly Hillbillies. The idea of Lucy and Jane in a Tijuana chorus line is hilarious. It would have been wonderful if they would have explored these cross-overs more. Given the typical season output of The Lucy Show, I think we're on the verge of Season EIGHT!

I always wish they could have done a Lucy Show/Dick Van Dyke Show crossover since they were set only a town apart.

I feel as though episode 7.21 needs an extra plot twist...something like Jane Hathaway is just masquerading as an employee at the Commerce Bank, and Lucy is the only one who really knows that on her own time, she's really Jane Corey, an undercover agent for the navy.

7.23 “Lucy and Loretta Are Young”

When Joan Brenner is diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome, the Glen Hall management tries to accommodate, but the foul language emanating from her apartment results in repeated complaints from Mrs. Goldapper, already upset by the unexplained clomping upstairs, so they have no choice but to evict her. The vacancy is filled by Loretta Younce, Lucy’s old acquaintance and social rival from Danfield, who has followed Lucy’s lead and moved to California to be nearer their common trust fund administrator, Mr. Mooney. Lucy attempts to extend a friendly welcome to Loretta and invites her to Felix Frankel’s for her weekly leopard jacket bin paw-through session. The friendship is immediately strained when both women covet the same jacket on sale, but since neither has the funds, it’s a race to see who can come up with the $299.99 first. Loretta sneaks on to Lucy’s patio to eavesdrop (stepping into a crusty horse pie in the process) and overhears Lucy talking to Mary Jane about her plan to pocket a cool $300 by reactivating her stuntwoman career for a day when a western has need for a daredevil willing to do an H-13: being hoisted into the air by an imaginary toilet chain. When Ironman Carmichael shows up the next day, he/she’s confronted with his/her competition, another mascara-ed/mustached stunt “man” Ironman Butterfly.

Guest Stars: Loretta Young, Joan Blondell. Others in the cast….Felix Frankel: Jonathan Hole. Large shopper/stockholder: Barbara Morrison. Director: Lou Krugman. Script Girl: Our Own Doris Singleton

(Note to those who may not know: Loretta Young’s sweet yet controlling demeanor in Hollywood earned her the nickname “The Iron Butterfly”)

7.23 “Lucy and Loretta Are Young”

When Joan Brenner’s apartment is flooded by an overflowing toilet tank, she moves and the Glen Hall vacancy is filled by Loretta Younce, Lucy’s old acquaintance and social rival from Danfield, who has followed Lucy’s lead and moved to California to be nearer their common trust fund administrator, Mr. Mooney. Lucy attempts to extend a friendly welcome to Loretta and invites her to Felix Frankel’s for her weekly leopard jacket bin paw-through session. The friendship is immediately strained when both women covet the same jacket on sale, but since neither has the funds, it’s a race to see who can come up with the $299.99 first. Loretta sneaks on to Lucy’s patio to eavesdrop (stepping into a crusty horse pie in the process) and overhears Lucy talking to Mary Jane about her plan to pocket a cool $300 by reactivating her stuntwoman career for a day when a western has need for a daredevil willing to do an H-13: being hoisted into the air by an imaginary toilet chain. When Ironman Carmichael shows up the next day, he/she’s confronted with his/her competition, another mascara-ed/mustached stunt “man” Ironman Butterfly.

Guest Star: Loretta Young. Others in the cast….Felix Frankel: Jonathan Hole. Large shopper/stockholder: Barbara Morrison. Director: Lou Krugman. Script Girl: Our Own Doris Singleton

(Note to those who may not know: Loretta Young’s sweet yet controlling demeanor in Hollywood earned her the nickname “The Iron Butterfly”)

Once again you reveal your brilliance. This is fabulous!

• 2 weeks later...

7.24 - Lucy & The Corporate Merger (SEASON FINALE)

Wanting to expand his MUTTS business, Lucy suggests he visit Miss Allman at the Unique Employment Agency, where she received work as an animal babysitter for one memorable evening. Miss Allman is thrilled at the idea of joining forces with Mooney to form a major talent agency, but the two soon butt heads over what to name the new company. Mooney's Unique Performance Programs Employment Time (MUPPET) doesn't fly, and neither does Allman's Serendipitous Services Helping Other Lovers of Entertainment (ASSHOLE). Lucy finally suggests Mooney & Allman: Managers of Entertainment (MAME), which everyone likes...especially Lucy.

Mr. Barnsdahl oversees the financial aspects of the two companies merging, but won't finalize the deal until the original loan for MUTTS is fully paid off. He gives them one week to find a major client with which to finance the loan and prove the merger is viable, or else he won't give his authorization. A desperate Lucy contacts the Winslows to put on a Three Chimpanzee & Elephant circus, which packs in the crowds the following weekend. Barnsdahl is impressed and his loan is paid off, but not before Lucy has the elephant stand on the money and make Barnsdahl agree to a few stipulations of her own: including firing Miss Thomas!

Thus the new adventures of Lucy, Mooney and Allman's MAME begin!

• 3 weeks later...

7.24 - Lucy & The Corporate Merger (SEASON FINALE)

Wanting to expand his MUTTS business, Lucy suggests he visit Miss Allman at the Unique Employment Agency, where she received work as an animal babysitter for one memorable evening. Miss Allman is thrilled at the idea of joining forces with Mooney to form a major talent agency, but the two soon butt heads over what to name the new company. Mooney's Unique Performance Programs Employment Time (MUPPET) doesn't fly, and neither does Allman's Serendipitous Services Helping Other Lovers of Entertainment (ASSHOLE). Lucy finally suggests Mooney & Allman: Managers of Entertainment (MAME), which everyone likes...especially Lucy.

Mr. Barnsdahl oversees the financial aspects of the two companies merging, but won't finalize the deal until the original loan for MUTTS is fully paid off. He gives them one week to find a major client with which to finance the loan and prove the merger is viable, or else he won't give his authorization. A desperate Lucy contacts the Winslows to put on a Three Chimpanzee & Elephant circus, which packs in the crowds the following weekend. Barnsdahl is impressed and his loan is paid off, but not before Lucy has the elephant stand on the money and make Barnsdahl agree to a few stipulations of her own: including firing Miss Thomas!

Thus the new adventures of Lucy, Mooney and Allman's MAME begin!

Hmm, should the MAME office resemble the Unique Employment Agency set? :marionstrong:

Archived