Lucy A - Z -- J!

Jus Addiss b. 06/23/17 d. 10/26/79

Jus Addiss, directed Lucille Ball, as Georgina Allerton, McCarter Theater, in Elmer Rice's, Dream Girl, 1947, is born this date in 1917.

Aunt Jemima Tortilla Mix (what Lucy made Ricky's hotjacks/flapcakes/tortillas with)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joseph Kane b. 03/19/94 d. 08/25/75

Joseph Kane, Associate Producer/Director, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, Flame of Barbary Coast, 1945; as well as guest, Desilu Productions’, Whirlybirds, Director, premiere episode, unknown dates, and unknown other episodes, 1957, is born this date in 1894.

James V. Kern b. 09/22/09 d. 11/09/66

James V. Kern, wrote lyrics of song and screenplay, The Little Red Fox, Lucille Ball's early film-career, RKO Radio’s, That’s Right, You’re Wrong, 1939, and Screenwriter, RKO Radio’s, Look Who’s Laughing, 1941; Director, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, “You're Driving Me Crazy” 1955, Director, 39 episodes, (“I Love Lucy”), 1955-1957; Director, (“I Love Lucy”) Christmas Show, 1956, Director, Desilu Productions', The Ann Sothern Show, “The Lucy Story”, 1959; Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Favorite Martian, 6 episodes, 1965, The Joey Bishop Show, 26 episodes, 1962-63; as well as My Three Sons, while William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mert) was co-star, 58 episodes; is born this date in 1909.

Jay Sandrich, b. 2/24/32 alive

Jay Sandrich, Assistant Director, 14 episodes (“I Love Lucy”), 1957 Season; Assistant Director, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour “Milton Berle Hides at the Ricardos”, 1959; Assistant Director, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 2 episodes, 1960; Assistant Director, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables “The Nick Acropolis Story”, 1961; Director, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part 2”, 1970; guest, TV Land Moguls, “The 50's”, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, achivally, 2004, as well as with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Make 'Em Laugh: The Funny Business of America “Honey, I'm Home: Breadwinners & Homemakers”, 2009; is born this date in 1932.

Do you have one on the way, or are you just hoping? :professor: If the former, congratulations!!! :HALKING:

My KELLOGG son, 41, has a son, 20, my grandson; they are expecting their first, on Desi, IV, birthday. Just found out last week; therefore, I WILL become a great grandmother; I am 'greatgrandmother' to three, that I know of, from my husband's first marriage' children/grandchildren. This, however, is the first great grandchild of my blood (from a Kellogg). Enjoy the day! Pray it occurs on Desi, IV's birthday....I am! Loving you, JK

John Rich b. 07/06/25 d. 01/29/12

John Rich, 78-film Director; Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks, 27 episodes, 1955-56; Emmy-Award winner, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Dick Van Dyke Show, 1961, 41 episodes, 1961-66; as well as director, Lucille Ball-starring, Make Room for Granddaddy, “Lucy Carter, Houseguest”, 1971; is born this date in 1925.

My KELLOGG son, 41, has a son, 20, my grandson; they are expecting their first, on Desi, IV, birthday. Just found out last week; therefore, I WILL become a great grandmother; I am 'greatgrandmother' to three, that I know of, from my husband's first marriage' children/grandchildren. This, however, is the first great grandchild of my blood (from a Kellogg). Enjoy the day! Pray it occurs on Desi, IV's birthday....I am! Loving you, JK

Congrats!! :lucythrill:

Japanese Sandman (bathing song of choice for Bob Cummings)

O. J. Simpson b. 07/09/47 alive

O. J. Simpson, Lucille Ball guest, (“Here's Lucy”) “The Big Game”, 1973; with Lucille, The Bob Hope American Youth Awards, 1979; as well as with Lucille, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988, is born this date in 1947.

In HONOR of HIS birthday:

Jimmy McHugh b. 07/10/93 d. 05/23/69

Jimmy McHugh, songwriter, uncredited, Lucille Ball, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, Roberta, “Lovely to Look At”, 1935; music: Lucille film, Seven Days' Leave, 1942; music: Frawley film, Hit Parade of 1947, 1947; appears with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere, 1954; music, “We'll Dance Until Dawn”, Lucille documentary, That's Dancing!, 1985; writer, uncredited, That's Entertainment! III, song, “Clean as a Whistle” (1932), Lucille documentary honored, via archival footage, 1994; writer, Desi Arnaz, IV, film, The Mambo Kings, song “I Can't Give You Anything But Love”, and Lucille documentary archival appearance, Entertaining The Troops; “I'm In The Mood For Love”, 1994; as well as writer, uncredited, Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History - The 1940s: Stars, Stripes and Singing, video documentary, music: “Chico, Chico”, and “Dig You Later A-Hubba Hubba Hubba”, Lucille, via archival footage, 2009; is born this date in 1893.

Archived