THE LUCY SHOW: Season 3 - Coming to DVD on Nov. 30!

Robert13

Let's see if you can go two for two with your prediction this week! LOL

Hopefully their first press release won't contain preliminary cover art that causes widespread confusion and outrage again. :lol:

I know. That other coverart was posted all over before the new one could get out.

I'm actually surprised the announcement is coming so late. Usually, CBS/Paramount announces things 3 months in advance. This one will hit stores about 2 months after the announcement. No complaints from me. Just surprised.

I hope the coverart is colorful and beautiful!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but who the heck is Tony Roberts?? I see no affiliation mentioned -- at least not on his Facebook when you follow the links -- that he's with CBS or Paramount or any other "in the know" affiliation; rather, I'll believe it when TVShowsOnDVD get it directly from CBS or the producer, Tom Watson, as they're much more reliable as sources unless we confirm the "connection"/involvement of this guy, IMHO. blink.gif

Myself (posted under my friend's account) didn't actually announce the date. It came directly from CBS/Paramount's response. TVshowsondvd.com has not reported the news. We're just waiting for the Press Release. Hope it comes soon.

Official Press Release: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lucy-Season-3/14460

"Last week we passed along info from the CBS DVD fan page on Facebook that The Lucy Show - The Official 3rd Season will be available to own starting November 30th. Today distributor Paramount Home Entertainment officially announced the title to retailers, confirming the release date. We're also able to pass along that a featurette is supposed to be included on this set, we're informed, that shows archival news footage of Lucy at the 1964 New York World's Fair during "Lucille Ball Day" there. Very nice! Package art and pricing haven't been provided just yet (although we're expecting the cost to be $39.98 SRP, just like the previous two season sets have been). Nor is the title up for pre-order, as of this writing. However, stay tuned for updates!"

No, seriously, it could be quite long as she had her own LUCY day at the fair and photographers followed her and her mom and gary and even Hedda Hopper as she toured so many pavilions that they got footage at every stop as we saw a clip or two on the Home Movies documentary and so many photos from this event over the decades. We'll finally see the putting the handprints in cement at the Hollywood pavilion and hedda removing many many rings to do so.

I really like it, orange is my favourite colour :) I guess they have seasons 4,5 & 6 to have Gale on the front cover so they might as make the most of Viv cause she won't be on it anymore! <_<

She still guest starred on the show so she could still make the cover art. And Halloween must be a fave of yours then as orange rules then, just like Lucy's early hair.

She still guest starred on the show so she could still make the cover art. And Halloween must be a fave of yours then as orange rules then, just like Lucy's early hair.

Very true, but I'm pretty sure that Gale will no doubt grace the front cover for the next 3 seasons including some guest stars as there were many guest stars post Viv's departure from the show. I'm predicting Carol Burnett might appear on one of the front covers. No, I've never celebrated Halloween, it's not really celebrated here in Australia, only recently has it sort of become more popular.

I'm surprised they didn't have the photo of Lucy & Viv from "Lucy Gets the Bird." That's probably one of the more well known publicity stills of the show. For those of you who may not know what it is, it's the still of Lucy and Viv laughing while holding a bird. Viv has this polka dot dress on. I would upload the photo if the Finding Lucy documentary was still on Youtube but noooooooooooooooooo.

Lovin the cover though! If only HL would be out at Christmas too, we'd have a Merry Lucy Christmas!

I'm surprised they didn't have the photo of Lucy & Viv from "Lucy Gets the Bird." That's probably one of the more well known publicity stills of the show. For those of you who may not know what it is, it's the still of Lucy and Viv laughing while holding a bird. Viv has this polka dot dress on. I would upload the photo if the Finding Lucy documentary was still on Youtube but noooooooooooooooooo.

Lovin the cover though! If only HL would be out at Christmas too, we'd have a Merry Lucy Christmas!

I wish you could as i have no idea what the heck you're talking about. :lol: I certainly hope you do not mean that they are both sticking up their middle finger. :lol:

I wish you could as i have no idea what the heck you're talking about. :lol: I certainly hope you do not mean that they are both sticking up their middle finger. :lol:

Wait...isn't that picture on the cover? It's right above the MEN AT WORK sign. They are laughing and Lucy is holding the bird.

Wait...isn't that picture on the cover? It's right above the MEN AT WORK sign. They are laughing and Lucy is holding the bird.

That's pretty close to the picture referenced in this thread. But slightly different. In the other photo, it looks like Lucy and Viv might be looking into the audience, and they both look very unrehearsed. Almost like it's a blooper instead of a posed shot. It's a hoot!

Yes, it stays the way it is.

Not quite. We have a brief flirtation with the opening that has Lucy's decapitated head mounted on a string and flying out of a box. That had a different logo, font, general motif, etc., until TLS finally went back to the season three opening. The only things that changed were the final portait of Lucy in the heart before zooming out.

Not quite. We have a brief flirtation with the opening that has Lucy's decapitated head mounted on a string and flying out of a box. That had a different logo until we went back to the Season Three opening.

I wonder if that is going to be included as the original opening with the episode or as a bonus feature showing the alternative opening.

Archived