THE LUCY SHOW: Season 3 - Coming to DVD on Nov. 30!

Robert13

Our local Best Buy always has them on the actual day they come out. I don't know where you're shoppin'! :P

Although now that I've said that, who wants to bet they don't have Season Three available on time? :lucyhorror::lucythrill:

Sorry, gone are the days where i shop for dvds at Best Buy or Future Shop. I go downtown to HMV or Metro Video and neither stocks anything Lucy till the second or third week it is out and even then , . . . sometimes it is a month, but at least they DO eventually get her stuff.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, HMV went bust here YEARS ago! That's a blast from the past!

Here, downtown, it's this HUGE four story store that has everything but they are ridiculously high priced, but today, i got my beau The First Season of Big Bang Theory for only 19.99, second season is 34.99 and third is even higher, apparently his DEAL with Amazon for all at cost does not apply to this show which goes for about 40 something a season which i refuse to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

The countdown is getting closer. Are we all excited??? I can't wait to see the Ceramic Cat episode. I have it on the Columbia House video. But something went wrong with my copy. The tracking is unfixable. So I am happy to finally have a clear copy of this one. Love when they sit down in the coffee shop with all their packages. That's the episode, right?

Also can't wait for The Camp Cooks episode. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but there are lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

Also can't wait for The Camp Cooks episode.

Me too! Hearing my brother yell, "Hey, Lucy's in COLOUR!" from the basement when he came across it on Nick @ Nite on our brand-new -- and now ancient -- gigantic satellite dish when I was four is my earliest crystal-clear Lucy memory. Running downstairs just as Harvey was going through the floor. :marionstrong:

Me too! Hearing my brother yell, "Hey, Lucy's in COLOUR!" from the basement when he came across it on Nick @ Nite on our brand-new -- and now ancient -- gigantic satellite dish when I was four is my earliest crystal-clear Lucy memory. Running downstairs just as Harvey was going through the floor. :marionstrong:

Four? Brock, how old ARE you? Jeez, I think I was 16 or 17 when "The Lucy Show" aired on Nick-at-Nite. I had no idea there were even younger Lucy fans. It just dawned on me. We should do a thread when Season 3 comes out and post a picture of ourselves holding a copy of the dvd. Other sites have done similar things. It's kind of a fun activity. But some might be camera shy. So no pressure.

I'm looking forward to seeing these too but for me it's more about having them in pristine, gloriously uncut condition....have they ever looked better (going by the Season Two release)?? I just wish this wasn't my least favorite season writing-wise -- I really believe that many of the eps suffer in comparison to the "three Bobs and a babe" scripts of previous TLS and of course, ILL seasons... but maybe it's just me!

I'm still waffling between ordering from Amazon or running around half of LA trying to find a copy on a shelf the day of release.... it seems they don't bend over backwards at Best Buy, etc., to get this on the shelves right away!!

:lucyshock:

I'm still waffling between ordering from Amazon or running around half of LA trying to find a copy on a shelf the day of release.... it seems they don't bend over backwards at Best Buy, etc., to get this on the shelves right away!!

:lucyshock:

Why not do both? That's what I'm doing. I figure if I end up with two copies I not only will have a back-up copy but I'm doing my effort -- however minimal -- to boost sales to ensure the release of the next season. LOL

Why not do both? That's what I'm doing. I figure if I end up with two copies I not only will have a back-up copy but I'm doing my effort -- however minimal -- to boost sales to ensure the release of the next season. LOL

Now there's an idea! Actually, I usually end up with more than one copy of anything LB as I dunno, am always worried my copy will go bad or something and then I won't have it. :blink:

As for next season....well, a "little birdy" tells me that Season 4 is already being worked on so...I'd take that as a good sign that it will be released! B)

March 2011 isnt it. I believe that all 6 season have already undergone restoration work anyway (the Phil Silvers one, and the Gangsters Moll one already having been released as extras in other CBS sets)

This is sooo good to hear. I knew about Season 4. But I was unsure if that extended to the remaining 2 seasons. There is hope that we will see the complete series on dvd. I'm actually very excited that the wait between 3 and 4 will be a short one. That has one of my favorite episodes "Lucy and Joan". I know they didn't quite get along behind-the-scenes (I've heard--not sure if it's true) but I have always loved this episode. The grocery store scene is a riot!

This is sooo good to hear. I knew about Season 4. But I was unsure if that extended to the remaining 2 seasons. There is hope that we will see the complete series on dvd. I'm actually very excited that the wait between 3 and 4 will be a short one. That has one of my favorite episodes "Lucy and Joan". I know they didn't quite get along behind-the-scenes (I've heard--not sure if it's true) but I have always loved this episode. The grocery store scene is a riot!

It wasn't that they did not get along, it was that Joan was a drunk and showed up drunk and at that point of her career could not remember lines and was a nervous wreck instead of the professional she was supposed to be, it's in all the books and was a fact. But both Joan and Lucy were worshipped by fans and it was still great to see them working together whatever the circumstances.

I'm 32. Are we the youngest LB fans on board? I feel very lucky to have had an appreciation for LB from such an early age. I'm glad you have too. I never knew anyone my age who was a Lucy fan. Brock, you just might be my new best friend. :maryjane2:

Oh there are loads of much younger fans than that here and on other Lucy boards.

It wasn't that they did not get along, it was that Joan was a drunk and showed up drunk and at that point of her career could not remember lines and was a nervous wreck instead of the professional she was supposed to be, it's in all the books and was a fact. But both Joan and Lucy were worshipped by fans and it was still great to see them working together whatever the circumstances.

"Lucy and Joan" is actually the episode with Joan Blondell and notJoan Crawford. :)

"Lucy and Joan" is actually the episode with Joan Blondell and notJoan Crawford. :)

Yes, I was just going to post "not to be confused with the episode with Joan Crawford". Didn't Joan Blondell not get along with Lucy either. I think there was talk that she would fill the void of Viv but it just didn't work out. That episode is a hoot though.

Oh God, how i wish there was a DELETE button for some of these posts, LOL! I come on here and read the damned things much too fast, sorry about that. Yes, THAT Joan and Lucy did not get along and the results reflected that fact, LOL!

Oh God, how i wish there was a DELETE button for some of these posts, LOL! I come on here and read the damned things much too fast, sorry about that. Yes, THAT Joan and Lucy did not get along and the results reflected that fact, LOL!

~ha,ha~ That's okay. When people read "Lucy and Joan", most recall the drunk story of Joan Crawford.

Archived