Katy Perry as Lucille Ball

Okay, so today I found an article on Perez Hilton's "Hollywood gossip" site saying that Katy Perry may portray Lucy in another biopic. First of all, I am not one who believes any of this gossip crap, and I don't know what to think about somebody like Katy Perry playing the most beloved comedienne of all time. Perry is not even an actress, plus I am already sick of the biopics with Fischer and York, and I personally don't think 3rd time would be the charm. But, I would be interested in seeing Perry in a Lucille Ball get-up, because there is some resemblance. So what do you all think??? Personally, I would say don't try again, but with a super-star like Perry, it would probably do well. You can read the original article here: http://perezhilton.com/2012-07-07-katy-perry-future-lucille-ball-biopic#.T_n9T6A1FFI

katy-lucille__oPt.jpg

I don't want to give that Perez twerp a page hit, but this showed up in Google Alerts and from that it sounded like just his flight of fancy. I certainly hope so, anyway! :lucyshock:

If Christina Hendricks looked different from the neck down, I think she would be able to pull off a decent Lucy.

Lord above, someone make them stop making Lucy biopics. There should be a law. I don't care who they think looks best as Lucy, the end result will still suck unless you get an Oscar winner like Meryl Streep or somebody who could actually do her justice. A decent script and decent writers would help too.

Katy's a good singer, but it would be a laugh for her to portray Lucy. And not a good laugh.

I am a Katy Perry fan, but I don't think she could portray Lucille Ball. After portraying her myself, I find that it is very hard to accomplish. I would like to see her dress up as her, but to actually act like the famous commedienne, I don't think it would be very successful.

If they want to do this, can't they just get Lucie Arnaz to do it? I mean, she already resembles her mother in a way.

That would be one of the worst things they could do. A lot of Lucy's signature features are not a part of Lucie. She looks like Desi more than her mother. Desi Jr could've played his father about 20 to 30 years ago like in Mambo Kings.

Only person I can think of is Suzanne LaRusch as older Lucy but that would doubtfully happen.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341816821' post='40174]

That would be one of the worst things they could do. A lot of Lucy's signature features are not a part of Lucie. She looks like Desi more than her mother. Desi Jr could've played his father about 20 to 30 years ago like in Mambo Kings.

Only person I can think of is Suzanne LaRusch as older Lucy but that would doubtfully happen.

Whoops.. posted twice. Sorry. :)

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341816821' post='40174]

Lucie's eye shape is definitely her mother's and I often see certain similar expressions between the two of them. I bet if she dyed her hair red you'd be surprised how much she looks like Lucy. I think it would be awkward for her to play her mother though. It wasn't like Desi Jr. in the Mambo Kings, that was just a small part. Can you imagine Lucie playing love scenes with the person who plays her father Desi? AWKWARD. :marionstrong:

Lucie's eye shape is definitely her mother's and I often see certain similar expressions between the two of them. I bet if she dyed her hair red you'd be surprised how much she looks like Lucy. I think it would be awkward for her to play her mother though. It wasn't like Desi Jr. in the Mambo Kings, that was just a small part. Can you imagine Lucie playing love scenes with the person who plays her father Desi? AWKWARD. :marionstrong:

The thing is that they do not have the same eye color. One of the signature features of Lucy. When I watch Lucie and Desi Jr, all I can see is Desi. I try to watch for similar features but keep thinking of Desi's. Then the awkward-ness! Oh yes. They need to stop with these Lucy movies or revivals.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1341852629' post='40195]

The thing is that they do not have the same eye color. One of the signature features of Lucy. When I watch Lucie and Desi Jr, all I can see is Desi. I try to watch for similar features but keep thinking of Desi's. Then the awkward-ness! Oh yes. They need to stop with these Lucy movies or revivals.

Yes, the brown eye colors on both Lucie and Desi Jr. make them look more like their dad. You gotta really look for Lucy in her kids but I can see her in both of them. That dang Cuban DNA is so prominent though. I've always thought that Desi had his mom's facial bone structure, but the brown eyes and hair make him look like his dad more.

Yes, the brown eye colors on both Lucie and Desi Jr. make them look more like their dad. You gotta really look for Lucy in her kids but I can see her in both of them. That dang Cuban DNA is so prominent though. I've always thought that Desi had his mom's facial bone structure, but the brown eyes and hair make him look like his dad more.

So true. I sometimes pause HL to see the similarities. I see a lot between Lucie and her grandmother Dolores, those cheekbones and jaw line.

Hollywood often seems to work so fast. I would love to see an honest-to-God biopic of Lucille Ball, but I doubt anyone would take the necessary time to get it perfect. I love Katy Perry and think she is certainly an interesting choice to say the least, but I feel like if anyone is to play our Lucy is should be an unknown, so we have no prior ideas as to who she is or how well she may or may not do. If I were blessed enough to be involved, it would take YEARS to get the project done. Whichever actress they choose to play in this rumored biopic will need an ample amount of time to perfect Lucy's timing, mannerisms, and other multiple qualities. On top of that, I would want every Tom, Dick, and Harry of the Lucy-verse to make sure it was done the right way, including her children! I doubt the people of Hollywood will go that deep into perfecting it.

Hollywood often seems to work so fast. I would love to see an honest-to-God biopic of Lucille Ball, but I doubt anyone would take the necessary time to get it perfect. I love Katy Perry and think she is certainly an interesting choice to say the least, but I feel like if anyone is to play our Lucy is should be an unknown, so we have no prior ideas as to who she is or how well she may or may not do. If I were blessed enough to be involved, it would take YEARS to get the project done. Whichever actress they choose to play in this rumored biopic will need an ample amount of time to perfect Lucy's timing, mannerisms, and other multiple qualities. On top of that, I would want ever Tom, Dick, and Harry of Lucy-verse to make sure it was done the right way, including her children! I doubt the people of Hollywood will go that deep into perfecting it.

PREACH.

While I am a huge Katy Perry fan and think it would be interesting seeing her dressed as Lucy maybe for an SNL skit or as part of music video I think another biopic would be a huge mistake. No matter who the performer these are usually so poorly done. I'm never a fan of movies based on real people there is always a forced fake feel about it. The Lucy biopic has been attempted twice now I say Hollywood needs to move on from the whole idea.

On a lighter more personal side of things I always joke with my partners mother that her life is like a Lifetime movie and if they ever make her story I want Matthew Perry to portray me. LOL

While I am a huge Katy Perry fan and think it would be interesting seeing her dressed as Lucy maybe for an SNL skit or as part of music video I think another biopic would be a huge mistake. No matter who the performer these are usually so poorly done. I'm never a fan of movies based on real people there is always a forced fake feel about it. The Lucy biopic has been attempted twice now I say Hollywood needs to move on from the whole idea.

On a lighter more personal side of things I always joke with my partners mother that her life is like a Lifetime movie and if they ever make her story I want Matthew Perry to portray me. LOL

Welcome back, Eddie!

Yeah, I think if they have Katy Perry dress up as Lucy, it should be for something like SNL. A nice skit and everything. I think Perry would do a good job with that. It's a little better than a biopic. It's just a skit for SNL, which isn't harmless.

Agreed.. DNA is hard to hide.. Lucie has more of her father's looks than her mother's..and Katie to ME..wouldn't do Lucy justice. They can quit anytime with TRYING to get that down. They make ppl sick trying to do it right when they are just ruining history. Leave it alone.

Archived