UPDATED: "I Love Lucy" named Best TV Show of All Time!

HarryCarter

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo! A win in BOTH categories! I clapped & cheered from my living room :lucyhaha: . Not bad for a 60 year old show. Of course, us Loungers knew it was the best all along :marionstrong: . Nice that Lucy & the gang received these well deserved awards.

PS - Lucie & Desi, Jr looked wonderful :luciedesi:

I loved it! I just wish Barbara would have included more of her interview with Lucie and Desi. I mean seriously I think all the interviews lasted about 10 secounds. I would like to see less talk from Bawa Wawa next time.

I was afraid that Seinfeld would have won because it seems like that is the only show that has topped Lucy before in these countdown shows. I think since it was a public vote on a network internet site that helped tip it.

Maybe if the show gets the rep of BEST show of all time on tv, it will mean it's well stocked in stores and it will become the Citizen Kane of TV shows. :lucydesi::ill:

Well I was very happy with how most of it came out! I am thrilled that Johnny was voted favorite talk show host and of course that I Love Lucy won best tv show. The one thing I couldn't understand is how Ellen made it 2nd best talk show host. Dont get me wrong.I like Ellen alot and think she is a sweetheart but Dave should have been 2nd and Ellen should have been 5th in my opinion.

Agreed, she might be fun and perky but i can't stand her show lately, same guests, long boring jokey routines. That mini tribute to Johnny and seeing him choked up like that made me like him even more, it humanized him. I liked that shows that used to be so popular and yet you never hear anything about them still made the top five like Hill Street Blues. And i never liked MASH that much but the scenes they showed made me respect it more. Nice to see one of my old favorites COLUMBO in there, although jessica fletcher was not, he he he . :lucythrill:

Ooh good one, what is she 102 or 103? She is well preserved though, i gotta say! Is it true she calls Regis and Larry King, "KID?"

I thought Barbara did way to much talking in this special. It was so frustrating seeing these brief 10 second clips of her interviewing televisions greatest and then we cut away to a stupid talking head. grr I wanted to see the rest of the interviews!

Well I was very happy with how most of it came out! I am thrilled that Johnny was voted favorite talk show host and of course that I Love Lucy won best tv show. The one thing I couldn't understand is how Ellen made it 2nd best talk show host. Dont get me wrong.I like Ellen alot and think she is a sweetheart but Dave should have been 2nd and Ellen should have been 5th in my opinion.

Don't forget that voting online restricts who votes and therefore skew it wrong in some cases.

I was worried about that too. I can't stand Seinfeld and have never understood why so many people enjoy it. Of course to each his own. But I like to watch a show thats about SOMETHING.

LOL! LOL! LOL! I was also VERY worried about that show beating the world favorite, and although i own every season of the show, i have never played one ep, i'll settle for the many times clips from it are shown of the best ones. :sid: Carol Burnett sure got some recognition but where was Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke, Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton? To name but four. :gasp:

I thought Barbara did way to much talking in this special. It was so frustrating seeing these brief 10 second clips of her interviewing televisions greatest and then we cut away to a stupid talking head. grr I wanted to see the rest of the interviews!

Same here, she should put her best ones out on DVD so we can buy them. Well, it WAS a 20/20 special, so i guess they HAD to foist her on us, LOL!

Woohoo! A win in BOTH categories! I clapped & cheered from my living room :lucyhaha: . Not bad for a 60 year old show. Of course, us Loungers knew it was the best all along :marionstrong: . Nice that Lucy & the gang received these well deserved awards.

PS - Lucie & Desi, Jr looked wonderful :luciedesi:

Not one mention of Viv or Bill though huh?

I loved it! I just wish Barbara would have included more of her interview with Lucie and Desi. I mean seriously I think all the interviews lasted about 10 secounds. I would like to see less talk from Bawa Wawa next time.

But i did LOVE that they zoomed in on Lucy in the interview with Babs Walters and cut out gary sitting right next to her, he was nowhere to be seen, thank GOD! LOL! :gary::lucy2: became just :lucy2: which is the way i like it huh huh, that's the way i like it huh huh huh huh !

Agreed, she might be fun and perky but i can't stand her show lately, same guests, long boring jokey routines. That mini tribute to Johnny and seeing him choked up like that made me like him even more, it humanized him. I liked that shows that used to be so popular and yet you never hear anything about them still made the top five like Hill Street Blues. And i never liked MASH that much but the scenes they showed made me respect it more. Nice to see one of my old favorites COLUMBO in there, although jessica fletcher was not, he he he . :lucythrill:

I guess my main thing with Ellen is I never thought she was a good interviewer. She can be fun and pleasant to watch but once the guest comes out its kinda hard to watch most of the time. As for Johnny, yes he had a difficult time showing his emotions and was very much within himself so that last clip of him welling up as he said his final farwell made that moment all the more meaningful.

But i did LOVE that they zoomed in on Lucy in the interview wqith Babs Walters and cut out gary sitting right next to her, he was nowhere to be seen, thank GOD! LOL! :gary::lucy2: became just :lucy2: which is the way i like it huh huh, that's the way i like it huh huh huh huh !

Ya yes! I DID love that! Its in everyones best interests really including Garys. All he did was sit there telling us how he likes to get up in the morning. :rolleyes: :gary:

I guess my main thing with Ellen is I never thought she was a good interviewer. She can be fun and pleasant to watch but once the guest comes out its kinda hard to watch most of the time. As for Johnny, yes he had a difficult time showing his emotions and was very much within himself so that last clip of him welling up as he said his final farwell made that moment all the more meaningful.

Ellen IS a lousy interviewer, always inane crap instead of asking pertinent questions. Johnny looked so distinguished that i swear, i wanna see him on his show, i'll be watching one of his compilation dvds on my next day off. Was nice to see Letterman mentionned in the top five hosts but not that asshole leno. And i'm glad Oprah explained her I KNEW I WAS DESTINED FOR GREATNESS comment, made her look so pompous. Now if someone could only show her how to introduce someone without screaming their name, Jimmy Fallon suffers from the same speech impediment.

Ya yes! I DID love that! Its in everyones best interests really including Garys. All he did was sit there telling us how he likes to get up in the morning. :rolleyes: :gary:

It only occured to me later, why are they zooming in on Lucy? Although she looked great that time, then i remembered gary sitting next to her, his widow probably wanted too much money to allow clips of his face to be shown, LOL!

When ILL got their first Emmy, it was Lucy and Desi who begged the Academy to include the writers for future broadcasts. So, in this DOUBLE win for the greatest tv show that ever was, the three/writers creators should have been acknowledged also. It was nice to see Greg Oppenheimer though, always speaks well and is so dignified.

Ellen IS a lousy interviewer, always inane crap instead of asking pertinent questions. Johnny looked so distinguished that i swear, i wanna see him on his show, i'll be watching one of his compilation dvds on my next day off. Was nice to see Letterman mentionned in the top five hosts but not that asshole leno. And i'm glad Oprah explained her I KNEW I WAS DESTINED FOR GREATNESS comment, made her look so pompous. Now if someone could only show her how to introduce someone without screaming their name, Jimmy Fallon suffers from the same speech impediment.

Is it terrible to say I've never been very fond of Oprah? She is a good broadcaster and a very savy smart business woman.I respect her for all she has accomplished. BUT it is an image. I don't know. I just never got that genuine sense from her like I do from Dave.

Is it terrible to say I've never been very fond of Oprah? She is a good broadcaster and a very savy smart business woman.I respect her for all she has accomplished. BUT it is an image. I don't know. I just never got that genuine sense from her like I do from Dave.

Same here and she never had Lucy on so . . . and although i have always LOVED Bill Cosby, i never liked his show, oh i watched it but one of the best comedy shows ever, i dun't thin so. There were as many laughs on that show as a dennis miller monologue.

Archived