UPDATED: "I Love Lucy" named Best TV Show of All Time!

HarryCarter

Loved it! One of the better specials I've seen in awhile!

You don't ask for a lot in life, do you? Next time they do one of these, they should have consultants on which clips are used, who's interviewed and so on, I could have done a better job in my sleep. Especially, have a Tom Watson type checking out the Lucy section.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't ask for a lot in life, do you? Next time they do one of these, they should have consultants on which clips are used, who's interviewed and so on, I could have done a better job in my sleep. Especially, have a Tom Watson type checking out the Lucy section.

They went over a lot more than many TV specials have done. Plus what do u expect? They will always show Job Switching and TV Commercial. They always do the most loved. Hopefully they have full interviews of Lucie, Desi Jr, Keith and Gregg on the website soon! But they did show into a Lucy interview, which is rarely seen. Showed into Lucille Ball, not only Lucy Ricardo! Of course all of us would blow them out of water, but I doubt there are Lucy connoisseur's on hand like all of us!

This petty bitching and moaning isn't my issue, but thanks for asking.

They named ILL the Best Comedy, the Best Friggin' TV Show of All Time, included interviews with Lucie, Desi, Gregg Oppenheimer, flew a camera crew out to Jamestown to film LucyFest...I'm just amazed that despite giving each one of us exactly what we wanted, some of you are still finding stuff to complain about. I should be used to it by now. LOL Complaining about too much Barbara Walters, complaining about the interviews being too short, complaining about it being "boring"...one of you suggested that you could do a better job of it in your sleep. Go for it!

They named ILL the Best Comedy, the Best Friggin' TV Show of All Time, included interviews with Lucie, Desi, Gregg Oppenheimer, flew a camera crew out to Jamestown to film LucyFest...I'm just amazed that despite giving each one of us exactly what we wanted, some of you are still finding stuff to complain about. I should be used to it by now. LOL Complaining about too much Barbara Walters, complaining about the interviews being too short, complaining about it being "boring"...one of you suggested that you could do a better job of it in your sleep. Go for it!

:marionstrong: I guess your right. We really don't have much to complain about.

Yeah, the interview was nice, the whole 5 seconds of it. But I just deleted the rest of the program. Boooorrring.

A G R E E D ! Do you have the whole Barbara Walters Lucy interview, it's very very good. Better than this special was. She actually says things in there that i never heard her talk about before, as Barbara dared ask about Desi and so much other stuff, not to mention those interior pics of the house on Roxbury.

I wasn't asked, instead they hired cheap unknown talking heads who uttered nonsense nobody gives a shit about. Lemme put it this way, i got what i wanted, but the presentation was FOX when i yearned for PBS. This show will NOT win an Emmy.

I was too stunned that there was five whole pages of negative posts criticizing a TV special that named I Love Lucy the greatest of all time. I was rendered speechless.

O M G , you would have preferred posts like this instead . . .Oh my, wasn't that the greatest tv program that ever was? Wasn't that the best show ever? It just wasn't. Considering the material they could have put on, i reiterate, except for the Lucy parts, it stank to high heaven. It was too My Mother The Car when i expected Downton Abbey.

You need to fire your agent.

I didn't DO IT On her advice, Lucille McGuillicuddy is my agent and she said it looks kinda slap dash as an effort, those specials that showcase the American Film Institute series, best actors, best films, now those are well done, just looks classier, maybe the TV Academy should have done this or the Paley Center should have produced it, those specials i LOVE! But relax guys, the Lucy parts were sensational, Lucy winning best comedy and best show ever was terrific, but it would have meant more as part of a special that was handled better. The too short interviews were just a sign of the times, you lose your coveted YOUNG audience if you don't have those annoying rapid cuts all the way through. You see, i'm of the age of the great documentary and they were aiming at the fans of the latest music video.

Just because ILL was named best TV show of all time means we don't have a right to complain about the rest of this snorefest? Yes, the Lucy parts were great, but since it was the best of all time they perhaps should've devoted a little more time on it and expanded the interview with the kids. A tour of the soundstage would have been awesome too, Lucie and Desi hadn't been back since they were little. Just sayin'.

And is Babs getting old or what? Lucie and Desi had to hold her up when they were walking around the old studio...

Archived