Does anyone here not like "The Lucy Show" or "Here's Lucy"?

I thought the writing on Here's Lucy was pretty good. Well the first season, I haven't seen 4 and 5 yet lol. The topics seemed to be pretty relevant to the time period. I really liked the first episode when she does the "flash mob-esque" dancing, the episode when the kids take her out to eat for her birthday, but don't have the money to pay and the Flip Wilson episode, where his character of "Prissy" was Madea like and truly hilarious!

In a nutshell, I think TLS was good in the first few seasons. But her move the LA and the abondoning of her kids/Viv's leaving was a bit confusing for me!

Interesting. I much prefer the later years of Here's Lucy to the early ones. Not that the early seasons don't have their bright spots, they do, but I find the later ones more consistently funny. In many ways the show seemed to have more of its own identity, whereas at first it was a direct Lucy Show clone. Here's Lucy never really had a definite identity; in many ways the cast seemed to be playing different characters every week, but at least the more prevalant use of Mary Jane and Vanda in the last 2 years gave it more of an ensemble feel.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, but i wouldn't be satisfied until i have everything she's ever done, including her guest shots on other people's shows, her quiz show appearances, her interviews etc . . . :lucythrill:

EVERYTHING she's ever done? Optimistic, sure. Possible? Probably not. We're getting the major stuff released, yes. But all the little things along the way? Every single interview she's ever done? Considering they will be coming from various different sources from all ends of the earth...it seems like a whole lot of money spent on licensing and legal fees but with very little promise of a financial return to actually put out such a product.

I'd be the first one to buy it--but I'm not expecting it in my lifetime.

Interesting. I much prefer the later years of Here's Lucy to the early ones. Not that the early seasons don't have their bright spots, they do, but I find the later ones more consistently funny. In many ways the show seemed to have more of its own identity, whereas at first it was a direct Lucy Show clone. Here's Lucy never really had a definite identity; in many ways the cast seemed to be playing different characters every week, but at least the more prevalant use of Mary Jane and Vanda in the last 2 years gave it more of an ensemble feel.

I totally agree with you on your last point but I think Here's Lucy had good and bad episodes all the way through. There's not one season I prefer over the other, only episodes, unlike ILL & TLS.

Great! Was your previous impression based on memories of seeing the show back in the day or just on the public domain episodes?

Probably, because of the Public Domain episodes. I WAS looking forward to TLS FINALLY being released, though, and for the further adventures of Lucy and Viv, with Season 1.

Ok, but i wouldn't be satisfied until i have everything she's ever done, including her guest shots on other people's shows, her quiz show appearances, her interviews etc . . . :lucythrill:

I'm not either. I wanna see everything from film, interviews, TV, radio, game shows, everything. I don't want anything unseen.

EVERYTHING she's ever done? Optimistic, sure. Possible? Probably not. We're getting the major stuff released, yes. But all the little things along the way? Every single interview she's ever done? Considering they will be coming from various different sources from all ends of the earth...it seems like a whole lot of money spent on licensing and legal fees but with very little promise of a financial return to actually put out such a product.

Well, i am! And i dun't have that much time left either, LOL! I'll settle for the best of the unreleased lot.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then B)

I was just DYING to do a jokey comment to YOU but was afraid you would get offended. I only mean this as a joke now, remember that . . . did you notice in that pic of Lucy with Phyllis Diller and former President Reagan? Lucy, who was a good friend of both the Reagans has her BACK to the President in the photo! Wonder why she was so RUDE to him there, LOL! :marionstrong::lucythrill:

We can dream can't we? They need a website dedicated to rare Lucy gems. So we can drool over these interviews.

I was just DYING to do a jokey comment to YOU but was afraid you would get offended. I only mean this as a joke now, remember that . . . did you notice in that pic of Lucy with Phyllis Diller and former President Reagan? Lucy, who was a good friend of both the Reagans has her BACK to the President in the photo! Wonder why she was so RUDE to him there, LOL! :marionstrong::lucythrill:

haha oh Claude, please! She was obviously looking away because the LIGHTING was so bad! :D

Hold on, I think I hear Ethel calling me...

Archived