I Love Lucy DVD re-issue (Seasons 1-4 on Oct. 9) -- Cover Art!

Brock

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what it sounds like! :lucythrill:

Sorry to disappoint, but the November re-release will be just that, a re-release of the "Seasons 7-8-9" set that is already on the market, but in the new packaging. CBS is, indeed, working on a major reworking of the set, but there is still a lot of work to be done. The set cannot possibly be finished until sometime in 2013. Will keep you updated as things develop...

Sorry to disappoint, but the November re-release will be just that, a re-release of the "Seasons 7-8-9" set that is already on the market, but in the new packaging. CBS is, indeed, working on a major reworking of the set, but there is still a lot of work to be done. The set cannot possibly be finished until sometime in 2013. Will keep you updated as things develop...

Ah. Well, that's okay then. I appreciate they're taking the time to give it proper care and attention rather than rush it onto shelves. And it's great to know we still have new Lucy releases to look forward to in the future!

Interesting how the Lucy focus shot is the same subject in all but season 6. Personally the Superman one is a much better fit, and more recognizable, than the obscure Housewarming one from the first release.

Yes, when I saw the first four I was wondering how they were going to fit the "Housewarming" shot.

Drat the luck! Thanks for the update. Do you know what the packaging is going to be like for the new releases? Are they going to be in cases similar to the TLS releases or the indivual cases within the cardboard box like the original season sets?

That's what it sounds like! :lucythrill:

Not that I'm complaining but...where the HELL is this "bottomless pit" that they keep finding these things that have been "lost/misplaced" for 60 years???!! How.....convenient! Eeesh.

Jeez, bring back 8-tracks and put 'em out on those, I'll buy 'em, YOU'll buy 'em, they KNOW we'll buy whatever new issue they release them in and talk about having you by the ball*?# !! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! lucyshock.JPG

Drat the luck! Thanks for the update. Do you know what the packaging is going to be like for the new releases? Are they going to be in cases similar to the TLS releases or the indivual cases within the cardboard box like the original season sets?

I believe they will be like THE LUCY SHOW packaging, with all the discs in one plastic shell... From what I understand, one of the reasons for the reissue is this design. The company was literally running out of the old individual season packaging, and they had received a lot of letters over the years requesting the more compact package, so now seemed a good time to make the switch...

I believe they will be like THE LUCY SHOW packaging, with all the discs in one plastic shell... From what I understand, one of the reasons for the reissue is this design. The company was literally running out of the old individual season packaging, and they had received a lot of letters over the years requesting the more compact package, so now seemed a good time to make the switch...

Terrific news! Thanks. The TLS packaging works so well.

One more question (feel free to tell me to shut up anytime! :lucythrill: ), is the Bonus Disk going to be inserted anywhere into the new sets, or is CBS content to have it as the standalone DVD and as a bonus in the Complete Series box set?

One more question (feel free to tell me to shut up anytime! :lucythrill: ), is the Bonus Disk going to be inserted anywhere into the new sets, or is CBS content to have it as the standalone DVD and as a bonus in the Complete Series box set?

That I don't know... I'm guessing it is not part of this release. These are just replacements for the original stand-alone individual season sets...

Oh wow! That makes me so happy to hear! I really want a compact case so badly as I love it on TLS and HL seasons, now ILL too! A question though, are the menu designs any different and do you know if the actual label on the discs are different (you know the design on the disc that says disc 1 or something)?

Oh wow! That makes me so happy to hear! I really want a compact case so badly as I love it on TLS and HL seasons, now ILL too! A question though, are the menu designs any different and do you know if the actual label on the discs are different (you know the design on the disc that says disc 1 or something)?

Do not know about the disc labels, but the interior menus are exactly the same as those on the original releases... This project was initiated simply as a "new packaging" process. No other real changes...

Sounds like they're working on a Blu-ray release. It's a no-brainer, especially with new prints. This will be amazing!

It looks like the Lucille Ball Film Collection (Dance Girl Dance, Big Street, Mame, Critic's Choice, DuBarry) is getting the re-release treatment too, just in time for Christmas!

http://www.amazon.co...ds=Lucille+Ball

Just in time for Christmas? Some of us are gonna be BROKE just in time for Christmas! Jeez! :gary:

Should we be concerned that Season 1 is going to be on 6 discs, while the original 7? I wouldn't think they would take out anything would they?

No, the version in the "Complete Series" set was only 6 discs--and had the new digitally remastered prints. Those look much better than the ones from the old individual season 1 set.

No, the version in the "Complete Series" set was only 6 discs--and had the new digitally remastered prints. Those look much better than the ones from the old individual season 1 set.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. I got the 7 disc rebundled set at a discount last year, and found it odd that some of the pressings seemed to be taken from even older Columbia House versions than the 9 volume set! I may upgrade the one season at least...meaning I'll own all 3 variants of season 1!

The art is cute, but I honestly don't understand why they miss the ball on some of the designs when it comes to Lucy.

I mean, I just don't get it...There are so many many artists out there who have so many different traditional based concepts of Lucy art that could be used,

and NONE of them are ever used. Those in charge of the art, or covers, just stay within this little group of decision makers I guess, that keep producing this kind of stuff that doesn't impress at all-artistic, but a tacky approach to the best show in television history.I dont have a problem with them, and they are wonderful, but they just don't hit the mark for a rerelease.

Just because Lucy was shot in the 50s doesn't mean it needs to have that 1950s comic feel.

I know everyone will boo me on this, but whats wrong with showing the BEAUTY of the Clown? Something like the work that the artist Morgan Weistling had done for his many Lucy plates. Not the same image or piece,but the same concept. Maybe even, the Burning nose illustration from the VHS box art from an earlier release. Or the Lucy and Superman caricature from the same release.

...hey wait a minute...getting an idea....(to the blog!!!) lol

But I think theres so much space for these comic/vector/ caricature animated illustrations some where else within the box and cover.

MPI treats Heres Lucy like that, taking every creative effort to show the beauty and the vibrance of the show. Taking up every inch of the cover for pics and color!

I dunno. Dont get me wrong, I think its nice, and I MIGHT get it, although I have all the episodes n stuff on my Apple TV, Id still buy it, but the cover art-THOUGH ITS GREAT- is something I wouldn't say yes for a cover for

Good work from the artist tho

...but come to think of it, fans dont care that much, lol so whatever (gives my late 1970s Lucy shrug and "whatever")

By the way ................your moving Lucy avatar is terrific, she has a Marlene Dietrich thing going on there and although it's so OLD, it still looks fresh as a daisy.

By the way ................your moving Lucy avatar is terrific, she has a Marlene Dietrich thing going on there and although it's so OLD, it still looks fresh as a daisy.

These are the little moments before a scene or a shot that I love. This is her really FEELING and exhibiting confidence in her look. She looks like shes saying "(inhales) I'm ready, make your move"

Archived