I Love Lucy DVD re-issue (Seasons 1-4 on Oct. 9) -- Cover Art!

Brock

LOVE how it looks!! so excited!

I wonder why they changed the "Lucy" image for season 6, while all the others are the same! :huh:

Anyways, I intend to give away my original seasons 1-6, and replace them with these sets. These will free up shelf space, and look better with my Lucy Show and Here's Lucy season sets. I think I'll wait on TLDCH (Seasons 7-9), since they're supposed to revise this set.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why they changed the "Lucy" image for season 6, while all the others are the same! :huh:

Anyways, I intend to give away my original seasons 1-6, and replace them with these sets. These will free up shelf space, and look better with my Lucy Show and Here's Lucy season sets. I think I'll wait on TLDCH (Seasons 7-9), since they're supposed to revise this set.

Exactly. I'm kinda irked that they're gonna release the hour-longs to "complete" the ILL series and then turn around and re-release it the way it should have been released in the first place! Ugh. professor.JPG

And then they'll come out colorized, before that they will release them on Blu Ray, you get the feeling we'll be buying these thins forever?

Wait... wait... the November release of TLDCH is going to feature the prints that were already released on DVD? The new prints are going to be on another set??

From what I understand, they are planning to re-release The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, but (whatever there doing with it), it won't be ready for the new packaged series sets. Actually, I don't know why they're including in with these sets. :unsure: I guess we should continue to spread the word, so our fellow "Lucy" fanatics aren't double-(actually triple-)dipping! :lucywow:

Okay. I'll wait for the new LDCH release. It is my belief that a lot of the episodes are missing footage. I've always felt like there was a scene missing from "Lucy Meets The Moustache."

With this release, are all the ILL prints the same? And Season One--is this a new restoration? (I didn't buy the Complete Series set, but I heard the first season was remastered for that release.)

Okay. I'll wait for the new LDCH release. It is my belief that a lot of the episodes are missing footage. I've always felt like there was a scene missing from "Lucy Meets The Moustache."

With this release, are all the ILL prints the same? And Season One--is this a new restoration? (I didn't buy the Complete Series set, but I heard the first season was remastered for that release.)

The discs that were included in the 2007 "full series set" are now being repackaged as individual season sets. No changes are being made to the disc content. A lot of fans have complained in recent times about the bulky original single-season packaging, so CBS felt this was a good time to make things more compact. The packaging is very much like what has been used on "The Lucy Show" with all discs in one plastic case. Think of this NOT as a studio "re-release." It is simply a change in packaging.

Re "Lucy Meets the Mustache," to my knowledge there was not a scene missing from the earier release. There were a couple of lines of dialog cut, but not a complete scene...

Hope this helps...

The discs that were included in the 2007 "full series set" are now being repackaged as individual season sets. No changes are being made to the disc content. A lot of fans have complained in recent times about the bulky original single-season packaging, so CBS felt this was a good time to make things more compact. The packaging is very much like what has been used on "The Lucy Show" with all discs in one plastic case. Think of this NOT as a studio "re-release." It is simply a change in packaging.

Re "Lucy Meets the Mustache," to my knowledge there was not a scene missing from the earier release. There were a couple of lines of dialog cut, but not a complete scene...

Hope this helps...

Thank you, tjw. So... was it just the first season that was remastered for the Complete Series set? Or were the other seasons retouched as well?

So...why wouldn't they use the newer Season 1 remastered discs, that were used for The Complete Series Set, for the new re-packaged Season 1 set? Or am I misunderstanding?

These should be the newer season 1 discs that were previously only available in the Complete Series set. The question was if the other seasons had been touched up again, and the answer to that was no.

Well, to put it simply, if you have the Complete Series set, don't bother with these new releases. If you only have the individual season sets and you have $16 or so to spare, season 1 is a worthwhile upgrade.

Well, as i despise the trouble you have to go through to get a show out of that gigantic, cheap plastic but beautiful boxed set, i will get them anyway, to play and just keep the box as a back up and for show.

According to this site, Target will have seasons 5-9 as an exclusive on Tuesday. So if you're wanting to pick up all of the new sets, you can apparently do it in one fell swoop there.

<_< Naturally, they pick a retailer that won't arrive in Canada for at least 1.5 more years. Thanks a HEAP! LOL

Archived