Lucy & Betty: TV's Comedy Queens

Mot Morenzi

So Mill Creek, in a continuation of their recent rash of "side by side" releases, has bundled their newest Lucille Ball set with their surprisingly nice Betty White set. It contains a total of 74 episodes spanning three series: "Life With Elizabeth", "Date With The Angels" and, obviously, "The Lucy Show".

Naturally this release is hardly necessary, since the official Lucy Show sets should rightfully trounce the PD ones, but I suppose for budget consumers it's a nice (albeit scratchy, 16 mm tape transfer) sampler.

I find their description of the Lucy set as a "unique" DVD collection extremely funny...has any old PD show been flogged on more cheap DVDs than TLS?

http://www.millcreekent.com/tv-s-comedy-queens-lucy-betty-70-episode-collection.html

So Mill Creek, in a continuation of their recent rash of "side by side" releases, has bundled their newest Lucille Ball set with their surprisingly nice Betty White set. It contains a total of 74 episodes spanning three series: "Life With Elizabeth", "Date With The Angels" and, obviously, "The Lucy Show".

Naturally this release is hardly necessary, since the official Lucy Show sets should rightfully trounce the PD ones, but I suppose for budget consumers it's a nice (albeit scratchy, 16 mm tape transfer) sampler.

I find their description of the Lucy set as a "unique" DVD collection extremely funny...has any old PD show been flogged on more cheap DVDs than TLS?

http://www.millcreekent.com/tv-s-comedy-queens-lucy-betty-70-episode-collection.html

Geez, can't believe it, they've found yet another way to release those Lucy show public domain eps. :lucyhorror::lucythrill:

http://www.millcreek...collection.html

Aggravating the packaging tells you nothing about which episodes are on those....like we don't know. Who needs this -- unless you want them for the BW eps -- with the OFFICIAL Season SIx coming out soon?? Eesh! Milking a cash cow, indeed. Sometimes I think they've killed the cow to make hamburger! lucyhorror.JPG

Anybody has to know that's a rip-off. How many times has The Lucy Show Public Domain episodes been repackaged? At this point they're of no value at all and should be thrown into a recycable bin!

Anybody has to know that's a rip-off. How many times has The Lucy Show Public Domain episodes been repackaged? At this point they're of no value at all and should be thrown into a recycable bin!

I checked my collection and i have MORE Lucy show public domain dvds than i have original Lucy dvds. That's how often they've been peddled to us.

I checked my collection and i have MORE Lucy show public domain dvds than i have original Lucy dvds. That's how often they've been peddled to us.

They're not being peddled to us--meaning us Lucaholics.

I guess they figure there's folks out there that aren't real Lucy fanatics, that might see this and compare the price to the official season sets, and think its a bargain. Additionally, they must not Know anything about "public domain", and not know all those dozens of redesigned packages are the same 30 episodes!

They're not being peddled to us--meaning us Lucaholics.

I guess they figure there's folks out there that aren't real Lucy fanatics, that might see this and compare the price to the official season sets, and think its a bargain. Additionally, they must not no anything about "public domain", and not know all those dozens of redesigned packages are the same 30 episodes!

Well, they were being peddled to ME as i would buy anything that had her on it. Just to have more Lucy dvds. :lucythrill:

Archived