What's your fave Lucy thing to watch, that's not a regular show from her series?

I've tried to think of an answer for this thread but I just can't sorry. There's nothing in particular that stands out that I watch over her TV shows, although Mame is a favourite of mine. TOo hard to pick a favourite though.

Oh come on now, you know any scene she did with the great Danny Kaye throws you into convulsions of laughter, you love that man so much.

I love him as much as you love :gary::lucythrill:

Now listen up cookie, i was the one who wrote Lucy saying gary should be on the show more AND i loved the way she loved him and the way he treated her, in public, and he made her laugh and all that, BUT, he did the one thing i cannot abide as Lucy's REAL biggest fan for a half a century or more, HE BASHED HER after she passed on, i can never forgive that. She gave you class, a career, wealth and position and this is how you thank her for all she did for you? I have to add, for purposes of going back to the original thread point, i loved what he said when accepting her Governor's award from the Television Academy a few months after she passed away.

Oh, you were being serious? I thought you were being ironic in honour of the "Competition Between Fans" thread. LOL

Oh wow, never even occured to me. Ok, i was a real fan as i wasn't exploiting her to build up my collection but rather defending her, honoring her, admiring her for her talent and legacy, how's that? But i now so GET your comment, i guess i am competing with little Mikey in that way, sorry about that, i swear it never did occur to me. And there might be a little jealousy in there too. I admit that, i wish my agoraphobia hadn't stopped me from going there and stalking her and getting my photo taken with her like Neil and Ric and others here have done. :gasp::lucy2::lucyblah:

• 3 months later...

Isn't that what we always said about it? And for decades, i watched this horrible color faded out copy, it's so nice to finally see it clearly and appreciate how different and how great it really was.

It's a great special. The Lucille Ball Comedy Special wins my vote for best special but I love Lucy In London. It's so Lucy plus that 60's mod feel. But best part is of course the spotlight number. I tear up everytime. It's one of those single things that make me fall in love with her over and over again.

It's a great special. The Lucille Ball Comedy Special wins my vote for best special but I love Lucy In London. It's so Lucy plus that 60's mod feel. But best part is of course the spotlight number. I tear up everytime. It's one of those single things that make me fall in love with her over and over again.

Well, that's the difference between you and me, i never fell OUT of love with her, LOL! Just joking, it's always nice to see Lucy doing something different for a change and you can't get much different than Lucy in London.

Well, that's the difference between you and me, i never fell OUT of love with her, LOL! Just joking, it's always nice to see Lucy doing something different for a change and you can't get much different than Lucy in London.

Haha. It's like watching her for the first time for me. Like it recaptures that moment for me. Plus the special features for the special! Love it! I think I will watch The Lucille Ball Comedy Special tonight though! Haven't seen that one in awhile.

Haha. It's like watching her for the first time for me. Like it recaptures that moment for me. Plus the special features for the special! Love it! I think I will watch The Lucille Ball Comedy Special tonight though! Haven't seen that one in awhile.

The Lucille Ball special was more regular Lucy, Lucy in London is special and different Lucy though.

The Lucille Ball special was more regular Lucy, Lucy in London is special and different Lucy though.

Very true but with Lucy in London stays very true to that Lucy character, like her antics and all just with a movie feel. I always thought the Lucille Ball special would've made a great movie and I always thought the beginning would've showed more of Lucille Ball, not Lucy the character. But again it was a comedy hour and what people wanted to see. How were the ratings for that special anyways? I know Lucy in London didn't do as well as Lucy wanted it to be, which I was always surprised by.

Yours, Mine, and Ours, The Long Long Trailer, the best of Three's Company retrospective, various appearances she made on talk shows, game shows, ect.

Yup, two of her all time BEST movies. The Three's Company retrospective was a BIG DEAL at the time, we so seldom saw her on tv at that point.

• 8 months later...

What bsides her series do I lime when I need a dose of LB? I like listening.to radio shows with her as a guest or MFH... The dvd special features are always fun especily on Here's Lucy... She seems so alive in someof those radio.shows....a quality her hollywood films seem to lose... With a few.exceptions. Sometimes I put the Wildcat or Mame cd in and clean house.

What bsides her series do I lime when I need a dose of LB? I like listening.to radio shows with her as a guest or MFH... The dvd special features are always fun especily on Here's Lucy... She seems so alive in someof those radio.shows....a quality her hollywood films seem to lose... With a few.exceptions. Sometimes I put the Wildcat or Mame cd in and clean house.

Funny, I played those audio cds Neil made for me years ago, found them while taking inventory and listened to them most of the day, great stuff!

Archived