WAS DESI A GREAT SINGER?

C L A U D E

No, Billy was me joking, BUT, they only show Lucy, Desi and William as the show's stars, so odd. AND you should read some of the descriptions of the shows, have no idea where the hell they got them but they are so weird. Here's a lousy example of how it might read . . . Lucy od's on chocolates as she seeks work outside the home.

Hmm. That sounds like the episode descriptions I get from Verizon. I guess Verizon may still be related to some of those other "Baby Bells," so maybe we're getting the same goofy program descriptions (which I have noticed often have spelling errors and bad grammar, in addition to often being incorrect). Here's what they always have up for Burns and Allen: "Two housewives embark on escapades which annoy and amuse their husbands." (Is it possible to amuse and annoy a person at the same time?) For "Lucy Is Envious: "Lucy lies to her former schoolmate catch up with her when she pledges $500." I didn't type that incorrectly; it really says exactly that. I assume that sentence is missing some words.

About the "Billy" thing, sometimes I'm a little too literal. :)

Hmm. That sounds like the episode descriptions I get from Verizon. I guess Verizon may still be related to some of those other "Baby Bells," so maybe we're getting the same goofy program descriptions (which I have noticed often have spelling errors and bad grammar, in addition to often being incorrect). Here's what they always have up for Burns and Allen: "Two housewives embark on escapades which annoy and amuse their husbands." (Is it possible to amuse and annoy a person at the same time?) For "Lucy Is Envious: "Lucy lies to her former schoolmate catch up with her when she pledges $500." I didn't type that incorrectly; it really says exactly that. I assume that sentence is missing some words.

About the "Billy" thing, sometimes I'm a little too literal. :)

No, it was me referring to Bill as Billy to make the joke about Lucy Desi and Billy mocking the name of Desi jr's former group. And the one that pisses me off the most you just mentionned, they used to bill Desi as E Bay sometimes does, Desi Arnez, which is right up there with Anne Southern and Carole Burnette. Titles must be done in India or something, although i think I Love Lucy just came out there, LOL! :lucythrill:

• 5 months later...

He was a decent singer. I always thought he was a bit loud though and shouted the music.

Having to be heard over a nightclub full of loudly-talking folks and hecklers; and having to 'get to the ones in the back row' might have had a hand in it, as well.....

Archived