Competition between fans

Annaleigh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh of course! :D

No offence to any Republicans out there, Shannon taught me that sometimes they've been voting that way for decades and they just keep voting that way as a tradition. I only hate the tea baggers wing of that group anyway, so ignorant, uncaring, unfeeling, racist etc. If they get in, we can relive the fifties again as their policies haven't changed from that time period.

No offence to any Republicans out there, Shannon taught me that sometimes they've been voting that way for decades and they just keep voting that way as a tradition. I only hate the tea baggers wing of that group anyway, so ignorant, uncaring, unfeeling, racist etc. If they get in, we can relive the fifties again as their policies haven't changed from that time period.

Well tea baggers include both democratic and republicans 'beliefs' Only thing funny is that they are suppose to protest and pickett peacefully but so many have so much crap to say about gays, races, etc. So damn stupid, worry about what you are picketting in a nonviolent and accepting way.

Well tea baggers include both democratic and republicans 'beliefs' Only thing funny is that they are suppose to protest and pickett peacefully but so many have so much crap to say about gays, races, etc. So damn stupid, worry about what you are picketting in a nonviolent and accepting way.

No, it's more than that, LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AND STOP TELLING OTHER PEOPLE HOW TO LIVE THEIRS.

Does this bother any of you? It drives me crazy! Why must people compete to be the best Lucy fan or have the biggest Lucy collection? Why can't people enjoy other fans, watch Lucy, talk Lucy, and just love Lucy! Believe it or not but I have a neighbor across the street that also has a Lucy collection. When she saw photos of my collection all she said is 'Oh. I have most of that.' Why can't we just enjoy each others collections? Plus she thinks she's Lucy. Oh! And she thinks she knows all! She didn't even know where she was buried. Lol. She's also just seems to be a fan of the Lucy character. She doesn't collect things vintage Lucy, like TV Guides and all that, mostly just things you find online or tourist spots. So do most of us, but I mostly want that vintage Lucy! Also she's been collecting way longer than me, I'm only on 10-11 years and only 19! But other than all that when I see collections I just sit in awe, see some of the things we have in common and then things I'd wish to have in the future. I know I'm a huge fan of Lucy and know her life quite well. But I will admit so many fans know way more than me, that I hope to know soon! One thing I'm glad about is I never get this vibe from any of you on here! I love you Lucy fanatics! Thanks for being more like friends than competers! Lol.

I honestly don't see any of what you are referring to in your OP as being widespread, it certainly is not the case here at THE LUCY LOUNGE. I don't think anyone here who proclaims themselves the number one Lucy authority, has the biggest collection, loves her the most, etc. You are going by one person you have met and frankly I think you are incredibly lucky to have a neighbor who loves Lucy that much! Most of us do not have any fellow Lucy buffs in our personal lives. I think you may be making too big a deal of her comment, personally I would overlook it (a lot of people make stupid comments, and they are not always meant as insulting) and concentrate on your mutual love of Lucy. You might even make a buddy to go to conventions, shows, etc. together with this person.

I find it to be a very good comedy and i was hooked on it for a while, how can you not be, it's on all the time, BUT, i have now tired of it, have seen the reruns and the same situations much too often, it DOES NOT hold up as Lucy reruns do, Sheldon is now just annoying to me, BUT, when i watch the newer shows, i still get something out of them, all supporting players on that show deserve Emmys or at least nominations.

Have to disagree, "Sheldon" always works for me, Jim Parsons is the best sitcom actor in DECADES.

I honestly don't see any of what you are referring to in your OP as being widespread, it certainly is not the case here at THE LUCY LOUNGE. I don't think anyone here who proclaims themselves the number one Lucy authority, has the biggest collection, loves her the most, etc. You are going by one person you have met and frankly I think you are incredibly lucky to have a neighbor who loves Lucy that much! Most of us do not have any fellow Lucy buffs in our personal lives. I think you may be making too big a deal of her comment, personally I would overlook it (a lot of people make stupid comments, and they are not always meant as insulting) and concentrate on your mutual love of Lucy. You might even make a buddy to go to conventions, shows, etc. together with this person.

We have plans to hopefully go to Jamestown together and have a Lucy party. But when we are together she tries and test my knowledge on Lucy and won't even let me finish what I am saying about her. I'm not talking about only this fandom but all. There is always a select few always that are like this. I always tend to come across them too, espec because I am younger and a fan of Lady Gaga, BSB, and Rocky Horror. I also did say in this thread I am glad I have people to share love for Lucy with on here.

BTW. The reason I said this is because of my personal encounters, usually online from other fandoms. Then I had this one with a Lucy fan. I just never understand why it happens. But I guess you all haven't had this experience so...

We have plans to hopefully go to Jamestown together and have a Lucy party. But when we are together she tries and test my knowledge on Lucy and won't even let me finish what I am saying about her. I'm not talking about only this fandom but all. There is always a select few always that are like this. I always tend to come across them too, espec because I am younger and a fan of Lady Gaga, BSB, and Rocky Horror. I also did say in this thread I am glad I have people to share love for Lucy with on here.

BTW. The reason I said this is because of my personal encounters, usually online from other fandoms. Then I had this one with a Lucy fan. I just never understand why it happens. But I guess you all haven't had this experience so...

I do know there are people who always have to be right or be in the driver's seat, but many times they don't mean to be rude. If someone is wanting to go on a trip with you or throw a party together, I don't think they are hostile toward you or consider you a rival. Next time she doesn't let you finish a comment just politely tell her "Hey, let me finish" or something like that. Re testing your knowledge, it sounds like she's been starving to have someone to talk to about Lucy and just anxious to spill all her personal knowledge at long last. Since you are a Lucille Ball fan and not just "Lucy", I would counter with news and trivia about the star but not to the point where it gets to be a rivalry and washing machine might end up going over the rail :lol: .

Have to disagree, "Sheldon" always works for me, Jim Parsons is the best sitcom actor in DECADES.

Yes, he IS, i have no idea HOW he memorizes all that difficult dialogue and he still delivers it expertly, i just think the writers have to go in different drections as it's always the same thing, and those old reruns are not holding up as well as Lucy reruns do, BUT, like i said, the newer shows are still very good. And there is no better male lead in a sitcom on tv today, a man of his age playing younger, such a weird and eccentric character, and like i said, those ridiculous and complicated speeches he does, i have no idea how he can remember all that and do it so flawlessly.

I do know there are people who always have to be right or be in the driver's seat, but many times they don't mean to be rude. If someone is wanting to go on a trip with you or throw a party together, I don't think they are hostile toward you or consider you a rival. Next time she doesn't let you finish a comment just politely tell her "Hey, let me finish" or something like that. Re testing your knowledge, it sounds like she's been starving to have someone to talk to about Lucy and just anxious to spill all her personal knowledge at long last. Since you are a Lucille Ball fan and not just "Lucy", I would counter with news and trivia about the star but not to the point where it gets to be a rivalry and washing machine might end up going over the rail :lol: .

Yep. That was the point of this whole thread, just to see if those type of fans bother you. Lol. Yeah I think I'm the only Lucy fan she personally knows that devotes so much time to her. It also could be because she is older and I am so young honestly. Thinks she knows so much more when I'm sure I have just as much knowledge with it. Depends on how much I sit here and read and read about my favorite red head, and trust me I do it quite the amount. Lol. I just hope to learn more and more about Miss Ball!

Yep. That was the point of this whole thread, just to see if those type of fans bother you. Lol. Yeah I think I'm the only Lucy fan she personally knows that devotes so much time to her. It also could be because she is older and I am so young honestly. Thinks she knows so much more when I'm sure I have just as much knowledge with it. Depends on how much I sit here and read and read about my favorite red head, and trust me I do it quite the amount. Lol. I just hope to learn more and more about Miss Ball!

Yes, all of us strive to learn things about Lucy we have never heard and the more info we get, the happier we are, especially as what we see on the net is certainly not always accurate, so i'd rather get it from REAL fans.

Yes, all of us strive to learn things about Lucy we have never heard and the more info we get, the happier we are, especially as what we see on the net is certainly not always accurate, so i'd rather get it from REAL fans.

Yep! That's the best part of this site! Learning more interesting facts of Miss Ball, well besides meeting new Lucy friends!

That's one the main reasons i'd like to make it to Jamestown one year before i die, to meet likeminded Lucy fans.

And I hope you do! I hope all Lucy fans do! I know I still need to and I know I have a long time to do so! I hope you make it out there soon! You deserve to go! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lamarr... Mmadluv.... hits the nail right on the head. I've seen all kinds of fans exhibit all kids of behaviours through my years working with Lucie. Smile. Don't succumb to it. To each their own. You can't change them. Just be happy you can rise above it. :-)

But.... Why do they do it? Maybe Lucy will love them more. Bah!

That's one the main reasons i'd like to make it to Jamestown one year before i die, to meet likeminded Lucy fans.

Jamestown can have anything at all, but you're right, the real fun behind the organised events are the great groups of people.

Let's just bring Jamestown to you! Bring the swarms of people up your way, it isn't too much further, right? Wait.... This seems familiar..... Have we done this before? Some of us twice? Thrice? Why stop!

Lamarr... Mmadluv.... hits the nail right on the head. I've seen all kinds of fans exhibit all kids of behaviours through my years working with Lucie. Smile. Don't succumb to it. To each their own. You can't change them. Just be happy you can rise above it. :-)

But.... Why do they do it? Maybe Lucy will love them more. Bah!

Last statement is the exact point of this! Great wording!

Jamestown can have anything at all, but you're right, the real fun behind the organised events are the great groups of people.

Let's just bring Jamestown to you! Bring the swarms of people up your way, it isn't too much further, right? Wait.... This seems familiar..... Have we done this before? Some of us twice? Thrice? Why stop!

And meeting YOU and Brock was one of the biggest highlights of my life. Meredith also. So that's THREE down and 1000 more to go, LOL!

Archived