BEVERLY HILLBILLIES 50th Anniversary September 26th!!

Lucyilove

Yes, some of those pd makers are smart enough to put the stuff in nice packaging that will make us want that if not their imperfect dvds. One of these days I'm going to buy that pd LUCY SHOW set that comes in the lunchbox just for the lunchbox.

I started reading the names or rather TITLES of the forty shows and thought, seeing as you said our Volumes one and two might not have all of them on there, may as well get these too just in case there are some that i haven't got. Besides, the first shows of this series are some of the best. If they are all repeats of the ones i already have, i'll just give them to another fan. Like maybe my boyfriend who grew up on that show also. Well, the reruns of it, not the original showings like MOI! :lucythrill:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O M G it's actually worse than i thought, seems those two Volumes of shows are probably public domain as they are far from complete, they are certainly NOT the first two seasons, they are just SOME shows from the first two seasons, as i looked up BEVERLY HILLBILLIES BY EPISODES ON THE NET and there were 36 shows each of the first two seasons and my Volumes only have like 20 or so on there for each volume. Hence the reason i was dissapointed with them, so many GREAT ones are missing, the set up for future shows is lacking by their omission, and that one i was describing and wanting to see, the one where Granny gets her old cabin next to the pool in Beverly Hills is not on there, hope they at least come up with a boxed set of the entire nine year run one day and i'll just get that.

O M G it's actually worse than i thought, seems those two Volumes of shows are probably public domain as they are far from complete, they are certainly NOT the first two seasons, they are just SOME shows from the first two seasons, as i looked up BEVERLY HILLBILLIES BY EPISODES ON THE NET and there were 36 shows each of the first two seasons and my Volumes only have like 20 or so on there for each volume. Hence the reason i was dissapointed with them, so many GREAT ones are missing, the set up for future shows is lacking by their omission, and that one i was describing and wanting to see, the one where Granny gets her old cabin next to the pool in Beverly Hills is not on there, hope they at least come up with a boxed set of the entire nine year run one day and i'll just get that.

I have the 2 Ultimate Collections of The Beverly Hillbillies released by MPI. Volume 1 starts with the rarely seen pilot The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills, and continues with the next 26 episodes from Season 1 (ep 13, Home For Christmas, is omited). Then, Volume 2 picks up with season 1 episodes 28-36, and season 2 episodes 1-19 (missing ep. 14, Christmas At the Clampetts. The two Christmas episodes are included on MPI's Ultimate Christmas Collection of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. They are the only missing episodes from the volume sets, up to ep. 19 of season 2.

I don't know if these episodes went through the re-mastering process, but they're a far cry from any public domain sets. The picture is perfectly fine, and the episodes are un-cut. I can't imagine not having season 1, which features Bea Benederet as Cousin Pearl, and the whole family first arriving in Beverly Hills!

MPI's Ultimate Collection of Petticoat Junction has just 20 episodes from the series first season. It isn't necessary to get this if you have the complete seasons 1 & 2, however the picture quality on this set is perfectly fine also, and has some different extra features that the CBS' sets.

Anyways, all of MPI's sets are fantastic. They are NOT public-domain. I strongly recommend them, especially (and at least), Volume One of TBH!

I have the 2 Ultimate Collections of The Beverly Hillbillies released by MPI. Volume 1 starts with the rarely seen pilot The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills, and continues with the next 26 episodes from Season 1 (ep 13, Home For Christmas, is omited). Then, Volume 2 picks up with season 1 episodes 28-36, and season 2 episodes 1-19 (missing ep. 14, Christmas At the Clampetts. The two Christmas episodes are included on MPI's Ultimate Christmas Collection of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. They are the only missing episodes from the volume sets, up to ep. 19 of season 2.

I don't know if these episodes went through the re-mastering process, but they're a far cry from any public domain sets. The picture is perfectly fine, and the episodes are un-cut. I can't imagine not having season 1, which features Bea Benederet as Cousin Pearl, and the whole family first arriving in Beverly Hills!

MPI's Ultimate Collection of Petticoat Junction has just 20 episodes from the series first season. It isn't necessary to get this if you have the complete seasons 1 & 2, however the picture quality on this set is perfectly fine also, and has some different extra features that the CBS' sets.

Anyways, all of MPI's sets are fantastic. They are NOT public-domain. I strongly recommend them, especially (and at least), Volume One of TBH!

But my Volumes one and two of Hillbillies are NOT the ones you have, they are not as complete as yours are, good ole MPI had better start selling those HERE and i will get them.

• 1 month later...

Yeah those public domain companies should take as much care at trying to remaster their film prints as they do in making their dvd art and boxes look good! Some of those BH and Lucy Show sets are so nice looking you almost have to buy them if you're a fan even though you know the dvd quality will be terrible.

I'd love a "complete series" BH but I think the fact that it ran so long (I think there's almost 300 episodes) it would cost a fortune and I can't see them doing it if selling it year by year wasn't that successful for CBS/Paramount (although given they are one of the big dvd companies I'm sure they have much higher demand expectations than say the boutique companies like Shout Factory and MPI.)

Yeah those public domain companies should take as much care at trying to remaster their film prints as they do in making their dvd art and boxes look good! Some of those BH and Lucy Show sets are so nice looking you almost have to buy them if you're a fan even though you know the dvd quality will be terrible.

I'd love a "complete series" BH but I think the fact that it ran so long (I think there's almost 300 episodes) it would cost a fortune and I can't see them doing it if selling it year by year wasn't that successful for CBS/Paramount (although given they are one of the big dvd companies I'm sure they have much higher demand expectations than say the boutique companies like Shout Factory and MPI.)

Hey, at this point i'd settle for a BEST of 24 or 48. I loved the show, millions did, it ran for nine years and it still, to this day, has some episodes in the all time top fifty of all time, so it had to have something going for it, i think it definitely deserves a boxed set and i will be first in line to buy it.

Well, now that i found it every day Monday thru Friday at 6pm, at least i might get to see some i dun't have already. Today it was that French woman who was after Mr Clampett, i think she breeds dogs and was matching up Mrs Drysdale's dog with a pure bred but old Duke got to the bitch instead, LOL!

Archived