ILL, 20 million and counting . . . .

C L A U D E

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves says that they still make $20 million dollars a year at CBS with the sale of reruns of I Love Lucy. Each and every year. I'm sure it used to be even more decades ago, so figure an amount over the last sixty years and that's what little Lucie and little Desi jr could be playing with today. I say the kids should put a contract out on the idiot who told Desi to sell it all to CBS for a few million.

They gave Desi four million plus and he used it to buy RKO for six million plus, he built it up and brought it down in five years, then sold his share to Lucy for 2 million plus which she ran for five more years and then sold for 17 million of which 60% was now hers for a ten million dollar share. Got all that? If Lucy had held on to the Gulf and Western stock that split many times, it WOULD HAVE turned into 50 million plus. Did these people have advisors or what?

I was amazed too when I read Moonves comment about ILL... but he didnt say if the show was making $20 miliion EVERY YEAR or $20 every few years.

I think he did, 20 million for last year, now multiply that by 60 years and you have to think that selling those reruns to CBS was the stupidest thing Desi ever did. :desi1:

Archived