The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster... (Pt. 4)

Brock

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not recognize Cliff Osmond or the episode this is from.

Here's what I have, Neil; and hoping all is well with you and yours. JK

Cliff Osmond, actor, 91 titles; guest, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables “The Monkey Wrench”, as Barney Kova, 1962; “Globe of Death”, as Augie, and Glynis “Catsa Nostra”, as Big Max, 1963; My Living Doll “Pool Shark”, as Fat Sam, 1965; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Hogan's Heroes “The Crittendon Plan”, as Marko, 1967; as well as Lucille Ball guest, (“Here's Lucy”) “Lucy, the Sheriff”, as Jake, 1974; is born on this date in 1937.

Two Lucys are better than one!

Remember when Mrs. Roper on Three's Company wore a different one of these each week?

Yes, kaftans were her favorites. There was a while every fat person in America loved those, they hid everything and were quite comfortable. The one Liz wore on that Here's Lucy show was worth ten thousand dollars and Lucy had to get her a spare too, so that's 20 grand for two outfits.

Yes, kaftans were her favorites. There was a while every fat person in America loved those, they hid everything and were quite comfortable. The one Liz wore on that Here's Lucy show was worth ten thousand dollars and Lucy had to get her a spare too, so that's 20 grand for two outfits.

I'm in awe of your knowledge. I'm going to watch that episode again tonight so Lucy will get her money's worth.

I'm in awe of your knowledge. I'm going to watch that episode again tonight so Lucy will get her money's worth.

LOL! Trust me, i've forgotten more than i can remember. But the one she wears up there is self defeating, it has a waist, but the one Carole wears is more of a traditional Kaftan. Have you ever worn one?

LOL! Trust me, i've forgotten more than i can remember. But the one she wears up there is self defeating, it has a waist, but the one Carole wears is more of a traditional Kaftan. Have you ever worn one?

No, I'm really short. It would look like I was playing dress-up. My mother did buy me a kaftan-like blouse once. It had the cinched in waist and flowing sleeves. The fabric was a mixture of grays and purple and it had little gold studs across the front. I thought it was ugly, but when I wore it people (complete strangers even) kept complimenting me on it. It was really weird.

No, I'm really short. It would look like I was playing dress-up. My mother did buy me a kaftan-like blouse once. It had the cinched in waist and flowing sleeves. The fabric was a mixture of grays and purple and it had little gold studs across the front. I thought it was ugly, but when I wore it people (complete strangers even) kept complimenting me on it. It was really weird.

Hey, as long as the compliments keep comin, keep a wearin it!

Don't forget to get some new 8 track tapes while you're at it! :lucydaze:

Yes, maybe the 8-track of the "Mame" soundtrack..

This reminded me of a very odd story. I was up in PRUDO ALASKA (and yes, it is a thousand acre popcicle) shooting a video in the mid 80s, 10 to 15 years after Mame was made. I was positioned next to a shelf that held about a hundred cassettes that the employees probably played on their breaks.....all the usual mid 80s mainstream rock stuff (whatever that was...) and in the middle of all of those was the soundtrack cassette of MAME!! There were no other musicals or anything remotely close. I was not in a position to ask the employees why it was there, but I've always wondered....was there a Mame fan in my midst? Or was there a Mame-basher?

And this to Claude about his post:

"Carole looks like Liz Taylor there, when she went through her very heavy period."

Could you PLEASE reword that next time???

Yes, maybe the 8-track of the "Mame" soundtrack..

This reminded me of a very odd story. I was up in PRUDO ALASKA (and yes, it is a thousand acre popcicle) shooting a video in the mid 80s, 10 to 15 years after Mame was made. I was positioned next to a shelf that held about a hundred cassettes that the employees probably played on their breaks.....all the usual mid 80s mainstream rock stuff (whatever that was...) and in the middle of all of those was the soundtrack cassette of MAME!! There were no other musicals or anything remotely close. I was not in a position to ask the employees why it was there, but I've always wondered....was there a Mame fan in my midst? Or was there a Mame-basher?

And this to Claude about his post:

"Carole looks like Liz Taylor there, when she went through her very heavy period."

Could you PLEASE reword that next time???

LOL! Carole looks like Liz Taylor there, when she went through a period of time where she was quite heavy. Who knew a relative of sara palin was a Lucy/Mame fan?

• 2 weeks later...

Although i will miss desperately, the sight of Lucy playing with her cute little boy on that Desi jr logo, only this magnificent work can help me bear with the loss, this is just stunningly amazing, incredibly beautful and work that just HAS to be seen by as many others as possible to spread the word on the great artist that lies among us here, excellent work Henry.

Archived