Let's Talk to Lucy Radio Program

LucyImHome

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone who frequents this establishment (or infrequents, for that matter!) involved in the DVD supplemental material?? ;)

There were very few names I recognized in the DVD credits.

do we have a completed list, with dates, somewhere?

No. I think that might be something of a "holy grail".

• 2 weeks later...

As a non-fan of Petticoat Junction, this DVD is actually quite enjoyable. The feature documentary* includes great interviews with Charlie Lane and Shirley Mitchell, the featurette interview with Jack Bannon on his mother is terrific!

I forgot to mention my favourite part of Let's Talk To Bea -- Lucy greeting her ole friend Iris with, "Bea, Girl!"

*Strange part of the documentary: When they discuss finding inspiration for Green Acres in the old radio show Granby's Green Acres. I could understand why they wouldn't go out of their way to mention the fact it starred Gale Gordon, but they also failed to mention that it also starred Bea Benaderet. That seems kind of integral to the plot in a Petticoat Junction documentary. LOL

The Bea Benederet segment of "Let's Talk To Lucy", on the recently released Petticoat Junction: Return to Hooterville, is quite interesting. They discuss her family life and her children.

• 7 months later...

I see MPI is releasing The Bobby Darin Show on DVD in the late winter. Could we expect any further Let's Talk to Lucy installments on the set either featuring Darin or any of his guest stars? My kingdom for a full LTTL episode guide!

I'm saving MY kingdom for the entire series being released!

Archived