Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucyilove, these are FABULOUS pictures! I've never seen the one of Lucy, Desi, and Lucie in the pool or the one with everyone gathered around the TV. Where did you get these?

After giving it some thought, i have seen the Liz Taylor MGM Long Trailer one before, but i don't recall any of the others, of course at MY age, maybe i've seen them and just forgot after decades, LOL!

Thanks so much for posting these fantastic pics, Lucyilove! So cool B) to see Lucy watching TV with her family. And such a teeny tiny screen -- we sure are spoiled with our huge TV sets nowadays!

I think that's whay they exaggerated the reactions and made those faces back then as most of the public was watching on small screens, i mean, really small screens, we had one member of our family who was always short of money and their screen was only like six inches or something like that, really tiny.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1317799419' post='22205]

I love how the first thing you think of when seeing this is "Where is Miss Cook to see this?!"

LOL! I'm glad i'm not the only one then. Honey, does it make sense to you that Lucy would invite Carole over to the house and then igonore her and go play with her kids while she was there?

LOL! I'm glad i'm not the only one then. Honey, does it make sense to you that Lucy would invite Carole over to the house and then igonore her and go play with her kids while she was there?

Hahaha! I know! I also love how after she says that you see all these home movies of Lucy and Desi playing with the children. Haha.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1317805912' post='22214]

Hahaha! I know! I also love how after she says that you see all these home movies of Lucy and Desi playing with the children. Haha.

I think Lucie paid her to say that to make the Home Movies more memorable, after all Carole needed the money, she hadn't had a paying gig in years. LOL!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone ID everyone here in the bottom photo?

w7ooie.jpg

I recognize:

Ann Miller, ? , Debbie Reynolds, Van Johnson, ? , Jane Powell, Walter Pidgeon, Lucy, Desi, ? , Gene Kelly, Esther Williams (or Kathryn Grayson?), Fred Astaire, ?

Pretty darned close, Brock:

Ann Miller, Howard Keel, Debbie Reynolds, Van Johnson, Ann Blyth, Jane Powell, Walter Pidgeon, Lucy, Desi, Cyd Charisse, Gene Kelly, Esther Williams, Fred Astaire and possibly a brown-haired Lana Turner. Obviously an MGM lineup of stars.

Pretty darned close, Brock:

Ann Miller, Howard Keel, Debbie Reynolds, Van Johnson, Ann Blyth, Jane Powell, Walter Pidgeon, Lucy, Desi, Cyd Charisse, Gene Kelly, Esther Williams, Fred Astaire and possibly a brown-haired Lana Turner. Obviously an MGM lineup of stars.

Oh, you're GOOD!!!!! I only missed Ann Blyth and the brown haired lady on the end. What a great assemblage of talented performers, Gene and Fred almost next to each other, Esther looking snooty, Lucy and Jane looking down unfortunately, all dressed to the nines, i wonder what did was for? An MGM anniversary or tribute to someone?

Archived