Lucy on "Donnie & Marie"

Brock

Hey, I really don't know what that means -- "stat"? A typo? "Oy" I get, what's "stot"?? Me confuse!

:lucyeww:

I was mocking your constant abbreviations that i spend my time trying to figure out, so i did the same to you, So, Oh Yeah, shoulda thought of them became Oy, stot, LOL! You see, she meant LOSER in the sense that whatever he built up, he then had to LOSE . . . LOL!

• 2 months later...

I especially love Desi Sr.'s cameo. He delivered his lines like it was twenty-five years earlier. He still knew how to act and looked great too. He does seem to have fun in the finale. Desi jr. does allright but I don't like the dated comedy. Just not for me. I need comedy without corny lines but lots of slapstick like Lucy lol.

I especially love Desi Sr.'s cameo. He delivered his lines like it was twenty-five years earlier. He still knew how to act and looked great too. He does seem to have fun in the finale. Desi jr. does allright but I don't like the dated comedy. Just not for me. I need comedy without corny lines but lots of slapstick like Lucy lol.

I agree, the "comedy" makes me want to barf. But both Desis were awesome.

Or as Woody Allen says in Annie Hall when they're standing in a movie line and some guy is expounding about Marshall McCluen:

"What I wouldn't give for a giant sock filled with manure!"

Although, while no threat to Carol Burnett, I think the Osmonds are not TOO bad in their skits...

Talk about making sirloin out of hamburger, Lucy certainly rises to the occasion in this appearance. Too late for the Mame arrangements, but the background singers are a big help to her musical talents.

Didn't the "No Business Like Show Business" segment get cut when they released this on a Here's Lucy set? Irving Berlin's estate probably wanted too much for the rights.

I've stated this before, but "Leading Lady" got an Emmy nomination as Best Original Song, one of two nominated songs introduced by Lucy.

REALLY? Oh my gosh, Im so glad to hear that. I think the other is Comedy Aint No Joke? (which I used as mantra in high school, being voted as class clown lol ) Im so glad to hear this about this song though, because the words are so beautiful and so fitting for Lucy. She was TVs leading lady! she was a legendary leading lady..makes me tear up just thinking about it lolol I kid...a little.:)

Archived