Forever Darling

I know I'm in the minority here and don't wanna open a can of worms but did most of you see/get the "Best of" collection recently with the colorized "Grape Stomping" episode? Am I the only one who wasn't impressed? The quality, IMHO seemed to be all over the place; i.e., the early train sequence and the end hotel scene were kind of "blahh" looking; the ones set in the vineyard seemed more "lively" looking and yes, for lack of a better word, more "colorful" than the others but if that's the best they can do, I think they should leave them alone.

:lucyeww:

I agree JoeySoCal! Not a fan of colouring anything that was originally B&W!

I know I'm in the minority here and don't wanna open a can of worms but did most of you see/get the "Best of" collection recently with the colorized "Grape Stomping" episode? Am I the only one who wasn't impressed? The quality, IMHO seemed to be all over the place; i.e., the early train sequence and the end hotel scene were kind of "blahh" looking; the ones set in the vineyard seemed more "lively" looking and yes, for lack of a better word, more "colorful" than the others but if that's the best they can do, I think they should leave them alone.

:lucyeww:

Grape stomping did look pretty bad, actually so bad I couldn't watch the whole episode. But Scotland looked pretty good. If they ever did it they should do a best of for color and leave it like that. I'm not very keen to the colorizing of movies and shows, like I said I usually adjust the TV to black and white. My thing also is that you'll never actually get the actual color of the shows, which is one thing to bother me.

Grape stomping did look pretty bad, actually so bad I couldn't watch the whole episode. But Scotland looked pretty good. If they ever did it they should do a best of for color and leave it like that. I'm not very keen to the colorizing of movies and shows, like I said I usually adjust the TV to black and white. My thing also is that you'll never actually get the actual color of the shows, which is one thing to bother me.

EXACTLY, don't go by those two, they watch Lucy on an old black and white 12 inch set, anybody who saw The Scotland episode and doesn't want to see the rest of the series IN COLOR is mashuganna. sp? :lucythrill:

EXACTLY, don't go by those two, they watch Lucy on an old black and white 12 inch set, anybody who saw The Scotland episode and doesn't want to see the rest of the series IN COLOR is mashouganna. sp? :lucythrill:

LOL! Love how you wrote "mashuganna"! I know what it means!

That hissing sound? I think we ran over a snake!.. I like Forever Darling.. yeah it needed more slapstick.. but it was an interesting picture.. I like when she (Lucy) is in the movie with James Mason and I like the marriage advice the movie gives.. however dated.. it is a very quirky movie.. but I do like it. And I have to say I admire them (Desi/Lucy) for trying something waaay different.

Archived