Lucy Fest 2013 -- August 1 - 4

Brock

Mark your calendars -- the Lucy Fest "preliminary" schedule will be announced Friday, April 12!

Let's get all our "Why isn't Carol Burnett coming to Jamestown?!"s out of the way in advance, shall we? lol

I'm still wondering what happened to the 'coming' to Jamestown, of Fran Drescher. Heard that 'years' ago now. As for Carol, I'm thinking it's forces greater than SHE keeping her away; for instance, her 'agency' and $$$$

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still wondering what happened to the 'coming' to Jamestown, of Fran Drescher. Heard that 'years' ago now. As for Carol, I'm thinking it's forces greater than SHE keeping her away; for instance, her 'agency' and $$$$

That's what I've heard too. The last I heard was that the requirement was $100,000 and her own airplane for roundtrip transportation. As for Betty, I heard she wasn't interested, but I can't confirm that. I'd LOVE to see Carol and Betty, either at the same Lucy festivals or different ones.

That's what I've heard too. The last I heard was that the requirement was $100,000 and her own airplane for roundtrip transportation. As for Betty, I heard she wasn't interested, but I can't confirm that. I'd LOVE to see Carol and Betty, either at the same Lucy festivals or different ones.

Betty White not interested?? I hope that's not true. You'd think since she was such good friends with Lucy she'd want to come.

She's a standup comedian, been around for awhile. I'm not much of a fan. Now the year they get Kathy Griffin, although she is so not family friendly.

Well...Jamestown withstood Joan Rivers. I still can't mentally process why parents brought their kids to see her and then pretended to be SHOCKED! at her material and stormed out in a huff.

What's the "Meet the Stars" thing? That doesn't sound like the actual show "I Love Lucy: Live on Stage."

There is so evening event listed there yet for the Saturday night, so I presume that is when the stage show will take place. I hardly think the stars of the show are coming to Jamestown for a quick reception and going to their next destination. Could be wrong though! (Hope so, or else I royally wasted money on the Toronto show yesterday. :marionstrong: ! )

Hmm...perhaps it is an abbreviated version of the touring show. The use of the word "performance" is interesting, whatever it turns out to be:

Meet the stars of I Love Lucy® Live on Stage Sirena Irwin and Bill Mendieta. See a sneak preview of the national tour along with a Q & A where Irwin and Mendieta will be talking about what it's been like portraying the "First Couple of Comedy". Following the performance a meet and greet opportunity will be available.

If the whole show is not coming, I look forward to seeing what they're going to pull out of their hat for the Saturday night evening event.

Hmm...perhaps it is an abbreviated version of the touring show. The use of the word "performance" is interesting, whatever it turns out to be:

If the whole show is not coming, I look forward to seeing what they're going to pull out of their hat for the Saturday night evening event.

Good. Me and Gypsy will be missing Friday night stuff since we'll get there too late to take anything in.

There still seems to be a gap for the traditional Saturday evening event. I wonder if there is a surprise coming, or they have allotted that time for the fans to rest after a busy day. lol

ETA: This seems like a good balance of Lucy and the Comedy direction they want to take things, but it seems a little strange they have scheduled most of the good stuff for Thursday and Friday when people are arriving in Town.

The Comedy headliner is Bill Engvall.

I'm real happy about that, but the prices skyrocketed on the headliner events... it says the ticket range is $43.50 - $153.50. But, Im so excited that Wanda is coming back... and it looks like Diane is back instead of the other Lucy impersonator.

Archived