Lucy Fest 2013 -- August 1 - 4

Brock

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to look up my photo of that painting to check out the ring. It's weird how much Lucy looks like Carole Cook in it.

Thanks for the recap. Always enjoy your reviews. Guess Yankee Pot Roast was the only thing left in the kitchen.

A trivia contest brawl? How old were these people.

No, we didn't get tickets for that one. We took an earlier flight and didn't know we'd get here 2 hours earlier. Lol

Tickets are probably still for sale at the train station directly across the street from the hotel! BTW, I knocked on your door and there was no answer. :lucymeh:

A trivia contest brawl? How old were these people.

Old enough to know better.

wanda-ring2.jpg

Brock, you couldn't have summed up today any better. I have done all of the same events so far but am deciding not to attend the show at the Reg tonight. Instead, we went to Roberto's and ate dinner where Wanda, Diane and Rhonda were also eating. We started the day off as well at the train station, which is beautiful, however there was still a lot of work to be done in the back rooms where the silent auction items are. There is a small tent type room set up where they will be screening Lucy episodes I believe. Overall it was well put together with the dresses, the information desk, and all the little tables they had set up with merchandise. Next, we went to the Wanda Clark lunch, which you explained perfectly. I also really enjoyed the presence of T. Faye, she was very peppy and knowledgable as you said. After that we also went to ILL: Live, which was much better than I expected, plus the Inside the Actor's Studio style Q&A was very interesting- Sirena seemed very connected to her character and they were both very well spoken. Then, we went to the trivia. WOW. As you said, things got very heated... some of these ladies were getting rowdy. There were people screaming claiming the rules were unfair, I wanted to get up and leave at a point. However, T. Faye was very funny and did her best to keep it all together. The Gary Peter Jr.'s mural talk was great, Gary is hilarious and very informative and I really enjoyed seeing all of the original sketches for his murals. He also has an art gallery in town which was amazing which had a them of comedy icons, he had several Lucy paintings as always. There was also one of Lucy's dresses there, which felt out of place, but cool nonetheless. Nice seeing everyone again, and nice talking with you Brock. See you all tomorrow. Will post photos very soon!

Here are photos from the first day: http://s1302.photobu...Fest 2013 Day 1

I actually had 250, but decided to narrow it down to 25, with the hotel internet it would take hours to upload more.

W O W , terrific pictures, thanks for posting them. If that's supposed to be the Kennedy Center dress, it's missing the top, same as the Emmy dress was missing it's TOP or covering piece. It was shiny, glittery and had those boa feathers she seemed to love so much.

That is Wanda... and no, she has not always had red hair. :lucythrill:

Yeah, I got my answer when I saw the interview I couldn't hear, and I noticed if she was showing her ringed hand next to the photo, it HAD to be because she had acquired the ring shown in the photo. Good for her. And she looks terrific by the way.

Also, I bought this photo from Lucy's home that is still in its original frame. You may remember it from the 2010 Susie Morton Auction... which is where the original owner (Ric Wyman) bought it. Brock has another one on hold, but they dont have the documentation, which is nuts, but I bought it anyways... the dealer is contacting Ric about it.

1013665_439322922832745_1089896139_n.jpg

Excellent recaps. They turned someone away when wanting to buy tickets just two minutes after an event started? Gee that's good customer service! :marionstrong:

I did many of the same events as already described. The only thing I would add would be the Tropicana Room dinner this evening. It was lasagna - which tasted decent, but the portions were a little small...but then again the portions of food a festival meal events are usually a touch small for my tastes. We watched the I love Lucy episode "Lucy Goes to the Hospital" in honor of Little Ricky's - and Desi Jr.'s - 60th birthday this year. The Tropicana Room was pretty well maxed out for attendance, and the event was decent. The only problem was that someone tampered with with the sound system and we couldn't hear most of the episode. It finally got solved just before Ricky went to the window to see the newborn Little Ricky.

Archived