Unpopular Opinions - Lucy style

Annaleigh

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why you didn't like that MONSTERS show.. It has moments that are pretty good... too bad you don't like it at all.

Sorry, i have some opinions that i've been repeating for decades, and then i play the show and change my mind completely. Like Carole told Lucy, i'll just "give it a whirl" for Halloween and find out if i was too harsh.

Can't speak for anyone else, but, in general, I dislike prolonged dream sequences... They become a fantasy inside a fantasy... The only one I can really tolerate is "Lucy Goes to Scotland." (This is not just a "Lucy" thing -- I dislike them when other shows do them as well... A few "Dick Van Dyke Show" sequences come to mind...)

I think part of my dislike of this type of thing is that it takes our characters out of their normal environs... In other words, I tune in to see Lucy Carmichael and Vivian Bagley and Mr. Mooney do their thing in Danfield... NOT to see Lucy C's nightmare.

ODDLY ENOUGH -- if this were re-written as a "show within a show," I would not mind nearly as much. That is, if Lucy, Viv and Mr. Mooney were putting on a Halloween show for the local PTA, and did the skit included in "Lucy and the Monsters," I would probably like it better.

I think the only reason I enjoy "Lucy Goes to Scotland" is because of its quality... The writing, the music, the dancing, etc., is all top drawer... But again, it's not really the Ricardos and Mertzes doing their normal activities... It's as much a special as "Lucy in London."

But that's just me...

No, that's ME too. I've hated DREAM sequences on any show for as long as i can remember. Hey, as anyone told you YOU are the best addition to this site in years? Your posts are phenominal. Wish you'd let me interview you here for the site.

I don't like her hair styles in LDCH either... the styles don't really flatter her... I like it when Lucy/Viv break out of Charmichael/Bagley.. I like when they bust out of the box and become someone else (Like Rusty and Cuddles with Joan Crawford.. I like MILK).. I don't like the Lucy Show called Lucy the Choirmaster.. I like the first half but not the second half.. I like Together For Christmas.. and the I Love Lucy Christmas show but not the color Choirmaster... I can't put my finger on it as to why...

I don't really enjoy watching Critic's Choice.. I like the look of the film and I like looking at her.. but the movie doesn't interest me very much and I wish they could have made a better one together for their last pairing. It took years for me to appreciate The Big Street.. ever notice how Guys and Dolls have the same characters in it?? Nicely Nicely Johnson and soforth? I like Beauty For the Asking and Five Come Back.. and most of her movies are okay.. I have recently discovered Lured.. which I like alot.. and she looks and acts wonderfull. I have some Suspense Radio programs and Abbott and Costello radio programs where she is the guest star.. some are great and some not so great... YOU can't hit it out of the park everytime! One time I saw her with gold fingernail polish and I thought.. oh gawd.. what is she thinking.. but who am I to judge? I don't know all there is to know about makeup.. just.. gold?? really? Guess it was a good polish for the dress she had on.. ONE thing I do remeber noticing is how nicely manicured her nails always are.

I don't like her hair styles in LDCH either... NEITHER DO I, MAYBE IT WAS SHORT AND SASSY FOR CONVINIENCE SAKE? the styles don't really flatter her... I like it when Lucy/Viv break out of Charmichael/Bagley.. I like when they bust out of the box and become someone else (Like Rusty and Cuddles with Joan Crawford.. I like MILK).. I don't like the Lucy Show called Lucy the Choirmaster.. WASN'T THAT A CHRISTMASSY SUGARY ONE? I like the first half but not the second half.. I like Together For Christmas.. and the I Love Lucy Christmas show but not the color Choirmaster... I can't put my finger on it as to why...

I don't really enjoy watching Critic's Choice.. I like the look of the film and I like looking at her.. but the movie doesn't interest me very much and I wish they could have made a better one together for their last pairing. I THINK LUCY AND BOB AGREED WITH YOU! It took years for me to appreciate The Big Street.. ever notice how Guys and Dolls have the same characters in it?? Nicely Nicely Johnson and soforth? YES, BECAUSE THEY WERE BOTH BASED ON DAMON RUNYON STORIES! I like Beauty For the Asking and Five Come Back.. and most of her movies are okay.. I have recently discovered Lured.. which I like alot.. and she looks and acts wonderfull. TRYU DARK CORNER TOO. I have some Suspense Radio programs and Abbott and Costello radio programs where she is the guest star.. some are great and some not so great... YOU can't hit it out of the park everytime! One time I saw her with gold fingernail polish and I thought.. oh gawd.. what is she thinking.. ACTRESSES IN HOLLYWOOD, PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR THEM. but who am I to judge? I don't know all there is to know about makeup.. just.. gold?? really? Guess it was a good polish for the dress she had on.. ONE thing I do remeber noticing is how nicely manicured her nails always are. I KNOW, AS A WOMAN, I THINK HER NAILS AND HAIR WERE ALWAYS A PRIORITY FOR HER, I NOTICED THE NAILS IN YOURS MINE AND OURS, READING THAT LETTER AND THOSE IMPECCABLE NAILS OF HERS.

My comments are in caps after yours.

I don't like her hair styles in LDCH either... the styles don't really flatter her... I like it when Lucy/Viv break out of Charmichael/Bagley.. I like when they bust out of the box and become someone else (Like Rusty and Cuddles with Joan Crawford.. I like MILK).. I don't like the Lucy Show called Lucy the Choirmaster.. I like the first half but not the second half.. I like Together For Christmas.. and the I Love Lucy Christmas show but not the color Choirmaster... I can't put my finger on it as to why...

I don't really enjoy watching Critic's Choice.. I like the look of the film and I like looking at her.. but the movie doesn't interest me very much and I wish they could have made a better one together for their last pairing. It took years for me to appreciate The Big Street.. ever notice how Guys and Dolls have the same characters in it?? Nicely Nicely Johnson and soforth? I like Beauty For the Asking and Five Come Back.. and most of her movies are okay.. I have recently discovered Lured.. which I like alot.. and she looks and acts wonderfull. I have some Suspense Radio programs and Abbott and Costello radio programs where she is the guest star.. some are great and some not so great... YOU can't hit it out of the park everytime! One time I saw her with gold fingernail polish and I thought.. oh gawd.. what is she thinking.. but who am I to judge? I don't know all there is to know about makeup.. just.. gold?? really? Guess it was a good polish for the dress she had on.. ONE thing I do remeber noticing is how nicely manicured her nails always are.

I always adored her finger nails especially in color. They looked best in red OF COURSE! What don't I appreciate of Miss Ball though?

:gary:

.......I spoke to soon.

:marionstrong:

Come on, let's not get so vulgar, okay? Not necessary. Let's show some reverance for the lady. Jeez. :wacko:

Oh that's right, because Lucy wasn't a real person, she was an iconic figure who never pooped, peed, or menstruated, correct? It's a legitimate question, Joe. I'm always curious about people with long nails and how they go about their personal business. I couldn't do it. In fact, I give her mad props. :rolleyes:

Oh that's right, because Lucy wasn't a real person, she was an iconic figure who never pooped, peed, or menstruated, correct? It's a legitimate question, Joe. I'm always curious about people with long nails and how they go about their personal business. I couldn't do it. In fact, I give her mad props. :rolleyes:

Yes, I get what you're saying but I don't feel it's necessary or appropriate to discuss such things in a public forum. Because she has been an iconic figure for me for over 50 years, I don't want to think about her bodily functions and such. Perhaps it's a generational thing, I don't know but I think it's smarmy.

Go on and "discuss", I'll just bypass this thread. :lucyeww:

Yes, I get what you're saying but I don't feel it's necessary or appropriate to discuss such things in a public forum. Because she has been an iconic figure for me for over 50 years, I don't want to think about her bodily functions and such. Perhaps it's a generational thing, I don't know but I think it's smarmy.

Go on and "discuss", I'll just bypass this thread. :lucyeww:

Some of the other things we discuss on here is just fine, but you throw in a little potty stuff and it's "smarmy."

Whatevs. :lucyblah:

Some of the other things we discuss on here is just fine, but you throw in a little potty stuff and it's "smarmy."

Whatevs. :lucyblah:

With all the sex stuff he's posted, which i enjoy thoroughly by the way, LOL! Maybe it's his time of the month, i can say that, he said he's now ignoring this thread, LOL! What's wrong with everybody lately, it's like we're walking on egg shells, oh sorry, just remembered where those eggs come out of, sorry!

With all the sex stuff he's posted, which i enjoy thoroughly by the way, LOL! Maybe it's his time of the month, i can say that, he said he's now ignoring this thread, LOL! What's wrong with everybody lately, it's like we're walking on egg shells, oh sorry, just remembered where those eggs come out of, sorry!

I know, right? Everybody's so bitchy today! I thought I was the only one on the rag this week. Oops, sorry. TMI. :lucythrill:

I'd say! Even at my household everybody has something up their asses today! Ridiculous!

I'll sit in my room and watch some Lucy for the remainder of the day. Plus dye my hair red tonight. :D

I'd say! Even at my household everybody has something up their asses today! Ridiculous!

I'll sit in my room and watch some Lucy for the remainder of the day. Plus dye my hair red tonight. :D

Oh lookie there, we got some minuses on our posts, Claude. It amazes me how some people can call themselves "fans" and then think she's the biggest bitch in the world. :lucyshock:

Oh lookie there, we got some minuses on our posts, Claude. It amazes me how some people can call themselves "fans" and then think she's the biggest bitch in the world. :lucyshock:

Well then. I don't have anything against any posts. I find them highly amusing. I wonder why this is so out of control on this Friday! Haha.

Oh i know, watching Lucy calmed me down also. And i'm dying my hair tomorrow, but her old mousy brown, not red.

Well then. I don't have anything against any posts. I find them highly amusing. I wonder why this is so out of control on this Friday! Haha.

Yeah, i've noticed before that usually people post a lot less on Fridays, but not so today, dunno why but my yearly depression of WINTER'S COMING is in full swing right now, it's cold out there, the trees are bare and it's been raining for a week, so that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Archived