Dean Martin Christmas Show DVD

Lucille Ball fan

Glad to help. I think i was just SPECTIN too much, i love Dean and used to really love his show. I have the one where Lucy appears and does some sketches and looks even better than on this one, that's the one i should have watched. And where Bob Hope appears in his closet, Lucy did that too on another show. The writing at the beginning of the show was so bad i actually groaned at the supposed JOKES. Guess Lucy's writers weren't that bad after all. It just sucks so bad as a Christmas show of a series that it makes you yearn . . . for Easter.

I seen some of his shows and I agree that it was full of bad writing. Compare to other sitcoms or variety shows the writers on The Lucy Show and most of Here's Lucy did much better. ALso, the 60s sitcoms are more dated than other decades because sometimes they are full of topical jokes a 25 year old like me finds flat. I love the one where Lucy appeared with Kate Smith. I laugh out loud at her chorus girl number with them and it is funny with her as an audience member. I cannot recall the other scene from that show but I don't find it memorable. When did Lucy come out of a closet? I don't remember that though that joke got old. I find it strange these uncredited apperances she made. Since she was a star I guess her cameos didn't need billing.

I seen some of his shows and I agree that it was full of bad writing. Compare to other sitcoms or variety shows the writers on The Lucy Show and most of Here's Lucy did much better. ALso, the 60s sitcoms are more dated than other decades because sometimes they are full of topical jokes a 25 year old like me finds flat. I love the one where Lucy appeared with Kate Smith. I laugh out loud at her chorus girl number with them and it is funny with her as an audience member. I cannot recall the other scene from that show but I don't find it memorable. When did Lucy come out of a closet? I don't remember that though that joke got old. I find it strange these uncredited apperances she made. Since she was a star I guess her cameos didn't need billing.

When he sits on the piano to sing some songs, at the end of it i think, there used to be this feature that a superstar guest would be in that closet or at the door, one time, it was Lucy and i freaked out. Of course she loved Dean, as most women did. Yes, the one with Kate Smith and Lucy is the one i have, great show, great numbers for her too. The one where she's a hillbilly in the audience who's really from Fresno ain't that great but the closing one singing and dancing is, as there's comedy in it.

Archived