Box of memorabilia uploads

Neil

I and Claudie, Have no idea what I and Claudie was.

BMorrisonCU.jpg

December 1958 rerun of Lamas. With music? I don't recall any. Rated last year's funniest special? I like Sun Valley, but what about Tallulah?

LamasRErun1258.jpg

and

DesiluWorkshop.jpg

HOW INSULTING, YOU DUN'T REMEMBER THE SHOW YOU AND I DID TOGETHER BACK IN THE SIXTIES?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 18, 1964 edition of TV Guide : on the Hollywood page of the GLORIOUS mustard-yellow "Teletypes"--where they would always underline a show title and put names all in caps.

"Negotiations are underway which may result in The Lucy Show's being expanded to an hour next season, filling the half-hour gap left in the Monday night schedule by DANNY THOMAS. But LUCILLE BALL is not saying if she will be back at all and probably won't say until she gest the word on a bagful of Desilu pilots she's like to see on the air next year : The Donald O'Connor Show, Hooray for Hollwyood, I and Claudie, Hey, Teacher with DWAYNE HICKMAN and Papa GI with DAN DAILEY as an Army sergeant in Korea. "

I remember seeing Hey Teacher as part of Vacation Playhouse and thought it was OK. Didn't Hooray have June Havoc? Have no idea what I and Claudie was. I don't think this Donald O'Connor show was "Music mart" but could have been dusted off 18 years later for "moves to NBC". She was certainly loyal to O'Connor. You would think she'd have more pull at CBS. Whether or not any of these were good or bad, they couldn't have been any worse than 90% of the new network comedies scheduled for the fall of 1964.

Donald O'Connor's pilot was The Hoofer. It was a period piece about Vaudevillians co-starring Soupy Sales. Lucy favorites Carole Cook, Jackie Coogan, Cliff Norton, and Jerome Cowan had minor roles in the pilot. I've seen it and I remember it being pleasant, but not particularly great.

Hooray for Hollywood had Joan Blondell, prior to her Lucy Show guest stints.

I love these clippings! Thanks for sharing them!

I and Claudie starred Roberta Sherwood's son Jerry Lanning and Lucy's great pal Ross Martin as con men.

December 1958 rerun of Lamas. With music? I don't recall any. Rated last year's funniest special? I like Sun Valley, but what about Tallulah?

We do get Fred singing "Melancholy Baby" and a Little Ricky drum solo, but it's not a musical extravaganza.

Many of those 1964 pilots eventually aired on VACATION PLAYHOUSE. They were, as Jimmy says, "pleasant."

CBS in those days had become the personal fiefdom of Jim Aubrey, whose incredible luck during the 1962 and '63 seasons had given him almost total control over the broadcast schedule.

I think most people thought the Desilu shows were "tried and true" -- i.e., a bit "old hat." The networks were looking for "new and different." Hence, we got things like "The Munsters" and "The Addams Family" that year...

Aubrey's luck and hubris, by the way, finally caught up to him later that year... He scheduled three fall shows -- "The Cara Williams Show," "Baileys of Balboa" and "The Reporter" -- all produced by his good friend Keith Brasselle, and they all tanked... Aubrey was fired in February, 1965.

Many of those 1964 pilots eventually aired on VACATION PLAYHOUSE. They were, as Jimmy says, "pleasant."

CBS in those days had become the personal fiefdom of Jim Aubrey, whose incredible luck during the 1962 and '63 seasons had given him almost total control over the broadcast schedule.

I think most people thought the Desilu shows were "tried and true" -- i.e., a bit "old hat." The networks were looking for "new and different." Hence, we got things like "The Munsters" and "The Addams Family" that year...

Aubrey's luck and hubris, by the way, finally caught up to him later that year... He scheduled three fall shows -- "The Cara Williams Show," "Baileys of Balboa" and "The Reporter" -- all produced by his good friend Keith Brasselle, and they all tanked... Aubrey was fired in February, 1965.

I remember Lucy quoted saying SHE COULDN'T SELL ANYTHING DURING THE AUBREY REGIME. Wasn't Keith Brasselle married to a famous woman?

Donald O'Connor's pilot was The Hoofer. It was a period piece about Vaudevillians co-starring Soupy Sales. Lucy favorites Carole Cook, Jackie Coogan, Cliff Norton, and Jerome Cowan had minor roles in the pilot. I've seen it and I remember it being pleasant, but not particularly great.

Hooray for Hollywood had Joan Blondell, prior to her Lucy Show guest stints.

I love these clippings! Thanks for sharing them!

I and Claudie starred Roberta Sherwood's son Jerry Lanning and Lucy's great pal Ross Martin as con men.

We do get Fred singing "Melancholy Baby" and a Little Ricky drum solo, but it's not a musical extravaganza.

Love 'em too! :D Can't help notice that this was what, '58, '59 and they still misspelled Arnaz's name as "Dezi"! JEEZ HOW HARD IS IT PEOPLE!!!!?? :lucyeww:

Love 'em too! :D Can't help notice that this was what, '58, '59 and they still misspelled Arnaz's name as "Dezi"! JEEZ HOW HARD IS IT PEOPLE!!!!?? :lucyeww:

E Bay still has Desi Arnez many many times. Did you notice that blurb on one of the gay blogs andbout Jessica "Lang" and Shirley "MacLain", i'm not kidding either, it was yesterday. Don't proof readers exist anymore?

Archived