It's the little things they do together...

Thank you Claude. It definitely hasn't been easy. An illness like dementia is just horrible. My grandpa isn't too bad at the moment but they say its (unfortunately) only down hill from here. That is life I guess. It's just sad watching him fall apart, mentally. It's times like these that make me think, treasure life. We are here on earth for a reason - make the most of it while you still can!

Thank you Claude. It definitely hasn't been easy. An illness like dementia is just horrible. My grandpa isn't too bad at the moment but they say its (unfortunately) only down hill from here. That is life I guess. It's just sad watching him fall apart, mentally. It's times like these that make me think, treasure life. We are here on earth for a reason - make the most of it while you still can!

And it makes you understand why some people want to go BEFORE they get to that point. One of my uncles was over at the house and kept asking me the same thing every five minutes, i hadn't been warned and found it all so sad. My mom however, had all her faculties at 82 till the minute she went.

And it makes you understand why some people want to go BEFORE they get to that point.

It's not the quantity of life that matters but the QUALITY. That is what I have learned over the years after seeing various people get to the point of not having the ability to take care of themselves much less do the things they enjoyed doing. That is not life, it's torture and it takes out the point of living.

Still makes me cry when I just look at how things can just suddenly change in life...

I agree, sometimes change can be hard especially if it concerns family. When change happens especially when it is out of my control, I tend to hold fast to the belief that everything happens for a reason. That helps me get through the tough times.

It's not the quantity of life that matters but the QUALITY. That is what I have learned over the years after seeing various people get to the point of not having the ability to take care of themselves much less do the things they enjoyed doing. That is not life, it's torture and it takes out the point of living.

That line was in a famous movie with La Davis and Jimmy Stewart where they are two oldsters facing difficulties as they age.

Still makes me cry when I just look at how things can just suddenly change in life...

Honey, if i had a dollar for everything that makes me cry lately, i'd be a rich man. Anything about a dog or cat, even yesterday it was an elephant, seeing the small one wondering why it's mother was not getting up, these elephants had been shot by hunters, puts me away every time.

In Ethel's birthday at the theater when they start jabbering at one another and the boys make them change seats, I love the way Ethel says to Fred "Oh, we're changing seats? Well, I'm glad because....blah blah blah".

This episode is just chock-full of gems, many mentioned already.

In Ethel's birthday at the theater when they start jabbering at one another and the boys make them change seats, I love the way Ethel says to Fred "Oh, we're changing seats? Well, I'm glad because....blah blah blah".

This episode is just chock-full of gems, many mentioned already.

It's an outstanding ep!

Just googled it, it's called Right of Way and i was right, it's 1983.

It was made for HBO--before they were doing much original programming. It has the feel of a TV movie.

I think in those days, cable was the third rung of desirable venues for first-run movies: theaters, network TV, then cable. How far we've come with most of the big awards going to cable shows these days. I don't have any premium channels so have no knowledge of these series.

The teaming of Bette and Jimmy after all those years was historic. They were both born the same year 1908, so would have been 75.

May have been the last thing Bette did pre-stroke. Her character was named Minnie, short for Miniature!

Not sure if Jimmy did anything after that. Bette, ever the trouper, forged ahead even with her stroke disability and it's great that she was able to get work. The high point was the prestigious but dull "Whales of August"; the low point was her last one "Wicked Stepmother"--even Bette knew because she quit the low-budget production and they turned her character into a black cat!

(Director:" I've got an entirely new concept for this scene. You'll be discovered dead in your litter box.")

At the end of "Locked in Vault-part 1", there's the hubbub after Lucy locks Mooney in again, but Lucy pauses for a split second to pose for a reporter's picture.

Also from that season: "Florence Nightengale". As Lucy is making her wheel-chair escape, she kicks through the double doors and does this quick survey of her options before decided which direction to go. Hard to describe, but I've always got a kick out of it. This scene makes this one of my favorite episodes of the season.

It was made for HBO--before they were doing much original programming. It has the feel of a TV movie.

I think in those days, cable was the third rung of desirable venues for first-run movies: theaters, network TV, then cable. How far we've come with most of the big awards going to cable shows these days. I don't have any premium channels so have no knowledge of these series.

The teaming of Bette and Jimmy after all those years was historic. They were both born the same year 1908, so would have been 75.

May have been the last thing Bette did pre-stroke. Her character was named Minnie, short for Miniature!

Not sure if Jimmy did anything after that. Bette, ever the trouper, forged ahead even with her stroke disability and it's great that she was able to get work. The high point was the prestigious but dull "Whales of August"; the low point was her last one "Wicked Stepmother"--even Bette knew because she quit the low-budget production and they turned her character into a black cat!

(Director:" I've got an entirely new concept for this scene. You'll be discovered dead in your litter box.")

Did you know that when they had all their frequent trouble with Bette, they offered the role in Wicked Stepmother to Lucy knowing she at least was dependable

"Wicked Stepmother"--even Bette knew because she quit the low-budget production and they turned her character into a black cat!

"Whiskers down."

"Whiskers down?? How will my friends know it's me?"

"Your claws will be showing!.....Where are you going?"

"I'm going to powder my paws. "

I'm glad Lucy turned this down....My God, what a wretched movie. The only reason it gets any attention is for being noteworthy as Bette's last. It's so ridiculous that the actors have a tough time not playing it for comedy....In that respect, Lucy might have done something with it.

Bette is a bit of a temptress and has mesmerized wealthy Lionel Standler much to the dismay of his adult children heirs. The only thing I remember about the movie is this line that Bette screams out to the children : "Ya fath-ah and I are compatible in EV'ry sense of the word." She brays and holds out the first syllable of "EV--ery" and clips the end of "word" in typical Bette style.

Poor Bette just wanted to work but she was so thin and in such bad shape that it looks like she has already died and the producers retrieved the corpse and applied just enough electrical current to it so it could walk around. (Cruel to say, but true...)

I looked Jimmy Stewart up and he did one more thing after Right of Way, a role in the 'North and South--Book 2" mini-series in 1986--- in addition to providing a voice for a couple of animated things.

The first "North and South" was one of those blockbuster mini series. Whatever happened to those? I'm assuming it was about the Civil War, but maybe it was something about Jay North and Ann Southern.... ;) One segment was scheduled opposite Stone Pillow in 1985. It was the he lowest rated N&S in the mini series. Though I think N&S took the time slot, "Stone Pillow" made the top 10 (#7?) --proving to the network that Lucy was still a huge draw. Aaron Spelling took note and you know the rest of the story.

"Whiskers down."

"Whiskers down?? How will my friends know it's me?"

"Your claws will be showing!.....Where are you going?"

"I'm going to powder my paws. "

I'm glad Lucy turned this down....My God, what a wretched movie. The only reason it gets any attention is for being noteworthy as Bette's last. It's so ridiculous that the actors have a tough time not playing it for comedy....In that respect, Lucy might have done something with it.

Bette is a bit of a temptress and has mesmerized wealthy Lionel Standler much to the dismay of his adult children heirs. The only thing I remember about the movie is this line that Bette screams out to the children : "Ya fath-ah and I are compatible in EV'ry sense of the word." She brays and holds out the first syllable of "EV--ery" and clips the end of "word" in typical Bette style.

Poor Bette just wanted to work but she was so thin and in such bad shape that it looks like she has already died and the producers retrieved the corpse and applied just enough electrical current to it so it could walk around. (Cruel to say, but true...)

I looked Jimmy Stewart up and he did one more thing after Right of Way, a role in the 'North and South--Book 2" mini-series in 1986--- in addition to providing a voice for a couple of animated things.

The first "North and South" was one of those blockbuster mini series. Whatever happened to those? I'm assuming it was about the Civil War, but maybe it was something about Jay North and Ann Southern.... ;) One segment was scheduled opposite Stone Pillow in 1985. It was the he lowest rated N&S in the mini series. Though I think N&S took the time slot, "Stone Pillow" made the top 10 (#7?) --proving to the network that Lucy was still a huge draw. Aaron Spelling took note and you know the rest of the story.

I saw Wicked Stepmother also but remember nothing except that it was bad, very bad, very very bad.

Lucy was approached to replace Bette in Wicked Stepmother just days after Lucy's stroke. Not that she would have done it if she was healthy anyway.

Well, Lucy with a stroke is still better than Bette with a stroke AND cancer. Yeah, if Lucy didn't even want to be considered for the brilliant Driving Mis Daisy, she certainly would not do this sheeyite. Funny that both Lucy and Bette died in '89.

• 2 weeks later...