Dann Cahn has passed away

PasadenaTrenton

NOOOOOO! This is awful news - probably one of the few people who could truly be called a treasure. Not only was his contribution to television invaluable, he was always so kind to everyone and always willing to answer any and all questions asked. It was always so much fun to watch him take over any Jamestown event through sheer force of personality. R.I.P. Dann! :(

Sad indeed, is he one of THE last remaining members of the original I Love Lucy team?

Just spoke with Gregg... It's true that Dann passed away, and yes, Dann was just about the last of the original creative team. Shirley Mitchell is still with us, but she was not a regular. Jess' secretary and casting director Mercedes Manzaneres is also still alive, but is very ill...

Sad news about Dann!

Who are your other treasures, Dahhlink?

In terms of the Lucy-verse and in kindness and generosity of their time, there are so many. In the wider world the number is relatively few, so it is a great testament to the people Lucy and company surrounded themselves with. Look at Wanda, Frank, and our own TJW to name just three.

Wish I could change the thread title, but won't be able to until back on the computer. HC?

Just spoke with Gregg... It's true that Dann passed away, and yes, Dann was just about the last of the original creative team. Shirley Mitchell is still with us, but she was not a regular. Jess' secretary and casting director Mercedes Manzaneres is also still alive, but is very ill...

Sad news about Dann!

Well, for a sixty-one year old show, as Carole Cook would say, "We've not done badly..."

Sad news about Dann!

Even though he's not an original from the first season, hold on tight to Bob Schiller.

Just wanted to share my sentiments of Dann Cahn's passing. This was a helluva man! I am very grateful for the wonderful memories I have of the lunches we would share together over the years. Our association originally began with friendly discussions about a lovely TV redhead and her Latin husband but ultimately we talked about family, his career and the amazing technique of his craft. Dann was a true inspiration to me and I'm sure, to countless others. I was happy to help him with several projects in his later years and there is no question, that my life has been richer to have known this dynamic and talented man. My condolences and thoughts to his family and friends.

DannCahnCard.jpg

224danncahnbday.jpg

Just wanted to share my sentiments of Dann Cahn's passing. This was a helluva man! I am very grateful for the wonderful memories I have of the lunches we would share together over the years. Our association originally began with friendly discussions about a lovely TV redhead and her Latin husband but ultimately we talked about family, his career and the amazing technique of his craft. Dann was a true inspiration to me and I'm sure, to countless others. I was happy to help him with several projects in his later years and there is no question, that my life has been richer to have known this dynamic and talented man. My condolences and thoughts to his family and friends.

DannCahnCard.jpg

224danncahnbday.jpg

How old was Mr Cahn?

Archived